Is there ANY reason to play Flatout 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Frisker said:
TDU 2 has only Hawajian islands.. it doesn't contain any snow tracks or anything, as it's only the specific location, thus it can be called open world game.
Wrong. TDU2 features two maps, Oahu (Hawaii) and Ibiza. You can't travel seamlessly from one to the other, so by that logic, it's an open-track game amrite?

Frisker said:
But as NCG will most likely have events all over US, or even the world, it cannot really be called open world or it would have pretty damn big map to travel from Texas to Alaska(If one location is in Alaska and one in Texas), get my point?
No I don't. There's no need or point for big maps, that we can agree on, but the size of the map doesn't determine where a game is open world or not.

Whatever, I'll go with open-track just to avoid further arguments...

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Okay I have a few points to make here:

1) I'm a girl Eurotrash ;) It's all good though. You're not the first to make that mistake and you won't be the last.

2) We're definitely getting caught up on technicalities here. My personal definition of open track simply means your on a CLOSED track but if you want to you can drive on the infield. Open world could have many tracks or none at all. It's just a giant map.

3) Frisker was right about my GTA comparison. I'm not talking about missions or hookers. To me if NCG was open world that would simply mean that after you finished a race you would have to drive to the next track. If you wanted to buy a car you'd have to drive to a dealer. This is the common definition of open world and is something I absolutely don't want to see in NCG.

4) TDU 2 very definitely falls under the category of open world even though it has 2 separate islands with a load screen between them.

5) We are SO far off topic now.

Honestly at the end of the day all of us just want another awesome physical racing game done up to BB standards. I trust BB almost completely (RR UB was boring to me) and I'm pretty sure you guys do to. At the end of the day we're all going to get an awesome game that we're all going to enjoy... even if it's open world with weapons. I won't be thrilled about it but I'd be shocked if I didn't enjoy it anyways... cause BB knows what they're doing.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
1) I'm a girl Eurotrash ;) It's all good though. You're not the first to make that mistake and you won't be the last.
Huh? I know that, what did I say? o_O

Usmovers_02 said:
2) We're definitely getting caught up on technicalities here. My personal definition of open track simply means your on a CLOSED track but if you want to you can drive on the infield. Open world could have many tracks or none at all. It's just a giant map.
This is getting more confusing by the minute...

Usmovers_02 said:
3) Frisker was right about my GTA comparison. I'm not talking about missions or hookers. To me if NCG was open world that would simply mean that after you finished a race you would have to drive to the next track. If you wanted to buy a car you'd have to drive to a dealer. This is the common definition of open world and is something I absolutely don't want to see in NCG.
Hmm, so NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 doesn't feature an open world then? Because it doesn't give you the monotonous task of driving from race to race?

Usmovers_02 said:
4) TDU 2 very definitely falls under the category of open world even though it has 2 separate islands with a load screen between them.
Yeah I was being ironic... -ish. Nevermind.

Usmovers_02 said:
5) We are SO far off topic now.
Heh, talking about off-track...

Usmovers_02 said:
Honestly at the end of the day all of us just want another awesome physical racing game done up to BB standards. I trust BB almost completely (RR UB was boring to me) and I'm pretty sure you guys do to. At the end of the day we're all going to get an awesome game that we're all going to enjoy... even if it's open world with weapons. I won't be thrilled about it but I'd be shocked if I didn't enjoy it anyways... cause BB knows what they're doing.
That depends on how much the fans contribute. If Bugbear listens to the fans, it's good, if they don't, it's also good, if they design NCG they way the fans want it... then I wish there was an option to cancel my pre-order cause if it's just a nerfed HD version of FO1 I'd rather play Flatout 3... WHICH NEVER EXISTED.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 is open world game because you CAN drive to the events if you want, but there is just the fast travel to help out. There is the choice, same with the new Most Wanted(which sucks ass), Far Cry 3 is open world even though there's fast travel options.. but you can still travel where ever you want in the map with no limits.(or barely any)

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Eurotrash said:
Frisker said:
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 is open world game because you CAN drive to the events if you want
Umm... you can't :/
Ohright.. forgot, it's been a while since I played it.. so well, I guess it's still open world as there is the freeroam option and you can drive where ever you want in the map even though there's nothing to do.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Frisker said:
Ohright.. forgot, it's been a while since I played it.. so well, I guess it's still open world as there is the freeroam option and you can drive where ever you want in the map even though there's nothing to do.
Right. Which means that open-track and open-world are one and the same.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Eurotrash said:
Frisker said:
Right. Which means that open-track and open-world are one and the same.
No.. the whole Seacrest County is not just one track.. Or point me to race which uses every kilometer of every road in the whole map.

Open track means that there is one track area which you can explore, like in Flatout 1. If you wanted to explore different area, you had to go to menu and load up different track, then you could explore that. In open world, you don't have to go to menus to load another part of the map, they are all part of the same gameworld.

I know you get my point, but you're just being arrogant asshole.

Serenya

Weeked Smasher
Seems like Frisker was faster, but I'll still post my explanation which I tried to make as clear as I can. :)

I'm not sure what open-track means because I can't remember if I've heard it before this conversation, but referring to Usmovers' description and the self-explanatory term itself, it means that you can freely drive around the race track like in the original FlatOut for example.

The open-world means for me that there's one (or more like in TDU2) big map which is NOT just one track, but the whole game world where the events take place in the game, and you can freely roam around it without racing or anything, just driving and exploring.

/edit: Just remembered that there's one game which I actually don't know if it can be count as an open-track or open-world... 1nsane (or In2ane, too). There's many different locations where you can either race or just roam freely, but does the "free roam" mode just make the game an "open-world" or not? o.o

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Serenya said:
Seems like Frisker was faster, but I'll still post my explanation which I tried to make as clear as I can. :)

I'm not sure what open-track means because I can't remember if I've heard it before this conversation, but referring to Usmovers' description and the self-explanatory term itself, it means that you can freely drive around the race track like in the original FlatOut for example.

The open-world means for me that there's one (or more like in TDU2) big map which is NOT just one track, but the whole game world where the events take place in the game, and you can freely roam around it without racing or anything, just driving and exploring.
This is exactly what I mean. And Eurotrash does understand, it's been explained so clearly but he's just being ignorant asshole. yeah, I said it and if you really get offended by it feel free to report me and get me banned. I'd be proud of it as I feel I have done nothing wrong. Just said the truth.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
This discussion is getting way off-topic, and it's also apparent that it's not going anywhere. Therefore, topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.