Issues shifting from reverse to drive

madmax2069

the problem i'm seeing is usually if you bump reverse (usually due to holding the brake too long, or accidentally touching reverse) and try to go forward, when you try to go forward is starts accelerating in reverse for a few second before it decides to go into drive and you start going forward. it happens especially if you tap reverse when you reset and try to go forward you start accelerating backwards for a few second before it decides to go into drive and go forward.

It would be nice to separate brake and reverse while in automatic mode

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Same its annoying when im pressing accelerate and the car decides to stay in reverse.

Also I've found the game keeps the cars clutch engaged even when the car is at red line, its not until the cars held at max revs for about 2-3 seconds the clutch gets disengaged.

Addxm

. . . or if u fast shift all the way down lol, I would like to see separate reverse too (I race auto, but still use shift down)

madmax2069

. . . or if u fast shift all the way down lol, I would like to see separate reverse too (I race auto, but still use shift down)
yup i use auto and use the downshift button as well

Same its annoying when im pressing accelerate and the car decides to stay in reverse.

Also I've found the game keeps the cars clutch engaged even when the car is at red line, its not until the cars held at max revs for about 2-3 seconds the clutch gets disengaged.
yup thats another issue, cant stand that it just sits there and revs and neutral drops into gear, there is no need for it. the only time when you would need to do that is if the engine is so far gone it lacks most of its power and is needed to keep the car running when you go into gear and to gain enough engine RPM to move the car, but the game gets nowhere close to have to resort to do this.

Last edited:

Addxm

I would say, press shift down to shift down to 1, and hold shift down for reverse if you need it on same button? then what ever button you shift down with is labelled "hold for reverse" tapping it again engages 1st/forward (turns off rev).
then take neutral out and fuck it off totally.
?