LAN over Internet WORKING!

HappoKala345

hello all
i got the lan over internet working by using LAN bridger and using IP 192.168.xxx.xx :D :D :D

PROOF:
http://imgur.com/zWc3GgG

even though it says SKIDROW i do own it on steam. i used cracked version too to test it between two computers

NOW WITH VIDEO:

Adenru

Full time wrecker
Good, I'll try it later.
Tip: you don't have to download cracked version, all you need to do is to nake one of your accounts offline.

We should agree on some time tomorrow evening to gather and play NCG online. And rage on teamspeak because lan in current state is awful.

Pettingson

Hello! I was the one that tried with keenguitar. I think the key feature that actually makes this program work is that you could choose 192.168.x.x

I have a Lan Bridger network up now for those who would want to try

http://www.lanbridger.com/n/gc17FfPW
Password: NCG

Will keep it open for a day or two for those that want to test and see if it works. That is, if my computer doesn't restart randomly like it sometimes wants to do...

Pointy

Team Bugbear Member
I downloaded LAN Bridger, installed it and connected to your server okay. I also launched the game and was able to see your game with 3 people in it, although i didn't try to join. So this does look promising, how was the connection/lag?

Regards,

Les

Pettingson

From what i noticed, at our first Derby with 4 people playing. Only at one moment did i see a car teleporting. The rest of the time i(as host) had no lag. I don't know about the other guys though.

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
Could you please post a link to this Lan Bridger app, and give better details on how to set up NCG to work with it!
Thanks, and I am curious if I can connect.

Majatek

Posts generated by this user derive from consensus
Full time wrecker
Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
As soon as I get proper internet (ie: fibre optics) installed, I'll give it a shot as well. I live in Tasmania (the little dot beneath the right corner of Australia), so if I have a respectably low ping, then it should work just fine for (mostly) everyone else as well seeing as I'm the closest guy living to the south pole. :p

Assuming of course you live in America or Europe.

Pointy

Team Bugbear Member
Daystar said:
Could you please post a link to this Lan Bridger app, and give better details on how to set up NCG to work with it!
Thanks, and I am curious if I can connect.
Just click on the link a couple of posts up. It will give you the option to install the software.

Regards,

Les

Pointy

Team Bugbear Member
Majatek said:
As soon as I get proper internet (ie: fibre optics) installed, I'll give it a shot as well. I live in Tasmania (the little dot beneath the right corner of Australia), so if I have a respectably low ping, then it should work just fine for (mostly) everyone else as well seeing as I'm the closest guy living to the south pole. :p

Assuming of course you live in America or Europe.
I get my 40mb connection on Tuesday, so maybe I will try hosting next week.

Regards,

Les

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
US and Euro players together getting major lag. I got 240 PING with keenguitar host and keenguitar got 240 with my hosting. I have delay in shifting and steering when joining keenguitar host.

I just rebooted computer and going to try again and see If I can get a better connection\PING. Look like I need to get PING down to at least 200. Darn Keen left before I could try again. Took to long doing this post. :(

Here link to 64bit version of LAN Bridger at CNET:

http://download.cnet.com/LAN-Bridger-64-bit/3000-2085_4-75156774.htmlat

After installing, you will find a green LAN Bridger shortcut on desktop. Click and give program your nickname to be use in LAN Bridger lobby. Then close program and it ready to use.

Now need to open a browser window\tab and paste a link to the LAN Bridger room\network you want to join:

http://www.lanbridger.com/n/gc17FfPW - today we are using this one

Click Connect to Next Car Game:

Then will be ask for a password, use NCG. Then you should be here in this room:

Now it time to start NCG and when at the garage, up top, next to menu tab, will see MULTIPLAYER tab, click tab, will see this window ( note: pick the car you want to use before joining a host, can not change car when in host's lobby ):

Now do a Search LAN to get a list of hosts. Be sure to check what the PING is to hosts in list, if over 200, you going to be laggy. Pick host, then make sure you have assists set to your liking, then click join.

M

Miau

Can we play it like Flatout 2 at Tunngle and GameRanger? i tryed but it doesnt work for me and some other ppl

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Miau said:
Can we play it like Flatout 2 at Tunngle and GameRanger? i tryed but it doesnt work for me and some other ppl
When LAN is fully finish by Bugbear, it a good chance we can use Tunngle. But by then, we maybe be testing NCG multiplayer with Steamworks. :)

LAN right now is just bare bones.

keenguitar

Weeked Smasher
Miau said:
Are you sure it didn't work? It could just be you didn't find a room because we already started playing.
Next time we should all join a steam group, join the group chat and go from there.

Pointy

Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
Miau said:
When LAN is fully finish by Bugbear, it a good chance we can use Tunngle. But by then, we maybe be testing NCG multiplayer with Steamworks. :)

LAN right now is just bare bones.
I am assuming the game will have proper multiplayer via the Steam API, so VPN software will not be required. At the moment it's a fudge to trick the game into thinking the games are on LAN. LAN mode would have more bandwidth available and not need to be optimized as much, which is why it might well be laggy when played online. At least it gives us an idea of how much fun the game can be in multiplayer though.

Regards,

Les

Iwasawa

Weeked Smasher
Since a while i cant see any lan rooms btw, lanbridger crashed and since that i dont see any rooms.. OR maybe i only see the room if you are in the lobby and not playing.

ERZ_007

Same for me maby the Host need to restart. We also need a place to communicate before a session starts maby teamspeak or some sort of chat !