Logitech Driving Force GT Shift Changing Problems

Belthazoar

Hello

For my birthday last weekend I go the Logitech Dirving Force GT. Awesome! So finally today I got a chance to try it out and I started Flatout. Works fine, the car stirs in the right direction, not all buttons are supported, but that's not the problem.

I like to use an automatic shifting. This is the one thing Flatout won't do. I tried using the keyboard - no problem. And manual shift changing with the wheel works fine too. Only since this is my very first time with a wheel it doesn't seem like a good idea to be learning two things at once :)

Can anyone help me please? Or do I need to toughen up?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Hi, I have a DFGT wheel for about 3 years now and it work fine with Flatout 1 and 2 and NCG. Check this for me, open Logitech Profiler program, go to the Options> Global Device Settings.

Is Report Combined Pedals uncheck?

Is Allow Game To Adjust Settings check?

Most racing games need Report Combined Pedals uncheck. But there some arcade racing games, like FUEL, that need Report Combined Pedals to be check.

When your gas and brake pedals are acting weird, Report Combined Pedals can be the cause.

Also should check the logitech DFGT properties to see if gas and brake pedal have full range:

I'm also curious, what Degrees of Rotation you using? I like to use 243. That what my old MOMO wheels used. Some players like to use around 200 degrees, but I find that to sensitive. If you have a sim racing game, then you might want to try 900 degree.

Belthazoar

OMG! You are my hero!

First, I need to admit, I've been totally stupid. Even though I've been playing games for over 15 years now, it didn't occur to me to look for a downloadable program to adjust settings. Since there was nothing in the box and nothing in the setup "manual" (if you can call a piece of folded paper a manual) and since it worked, I figured it must be because of compatibility issues. But this!

This is amazing! Not only does the car automatically shift gears now, the wheel is a lot less sensitive making it so much easier to drive :) I am going to experiment a bit with what feels best for me. I'll also try the 243° you mentioned and I'll post again.

Thank you so much for helping me out and so quickly too! With screenshots! I'm going to have fun tonight! :) Thanks!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Your welcome.

So you did not have the Logitech Profiler program installed? There should of been a disk in the box if bought DFGT wheel brand new.

Also, here my in-game wheel settings:

Belthazoar

There was no disc in the box. My cousin bought in the store, not online and it was properly wrapped and sealed. I have no idea why this wasn't included. There isn't even a note saying: download this. nothing.

So I've played around with the setting and I like it best with 292° degrees of rotation. And my settings look like the ingame menu, not like the steam interface as in your screenshot, but I turn down the force feedback a lot. If that is maxed out the wheel spins around when I hit something. Way too much for my taste.

I'll keep on trying out more settings options. But you solved the most important issue. Racing cars just became a LOT more fun :)