Making of Flatout 2

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
Ha, that's pretty cool that you outsource the sound fx. To be honest, the bullet GT sounds awesome. But I want to be able to customize the SOUND of my vehicle in your guys' next game. Like be able to change the headers/exhaust to give it a different sound.
Some the guys at FOJ did a Buick GS 455 for Flatout 1 and FOJ member Stage had this car in real life and recorded the engine sounds for this custom car. One of best made custom cars for Flatout 1.

Do not know of any custom cars done for Flatout 2 that had some custom sounds done for it.

ExxionNexxion

Team Bugbear Member
haha yeah, I remember seeing the 'database' of objects just by itself using the 25-nudge mod shadow made. :)
and yeah @69 I'm wondering the same thing. Those tolls.... No idea.

@Purple I think it might be time for a little camera editing. :p

Nokikana

Weeked Smasher
These drivable monorail tracks in City tracks are accessible with the full-roam mod:

Also, it was fun to find this sing, as my last name is Kekkonen (Nothing to do with our earlier president ;) ). My first name BTW isn't Juha. :)

Also, i have been looking info 'bout the AI drivers and concepts. Could it be possible that you'd post here all you AI driver consept arts? Thanks. :)

Nokikana said:
Also, i have been looking info 'bout the AI drivers and concepts. Could it be possible that you'd post here all you AI driver consept arts? Thanks. :)
Not concept art but how about an early design document draft of the drivers we wanted to have in Flatout 2? ;)

M

Mopower

So, I've been wondering if it was possible for you to identify the cars that inspired some of the cars in the flatouts. I know some of the easy ones, like the Bullet GT is something like a 70 Cuda/Challenger and the road king is a new mustang, but if you could list them it would be cool.

69Imperial

fuk tha mods #yolo #smdmajatek
Master Blaster
LOL @ the redneck driver concept.
Also, racing an older Cuban/Mexican guy? That would have been interesting. :p

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
I read both making of threads, and wow! I have no other words to describe my feelings.
I really, really hope good modding tools will come out, it might my first time trying to make good custom stuff :p

DJThanos

Whassup?
When i go out of track with Full-Roam mod, go to the Test Track (Career, Garage and press Delete) and then go out of the track to the trees, behind the crowd building i find some start lines and unused fences. Same with Stunt arena, when you go Ski Jump and face your car to the fence behind and toss out your driver, you will see some random props.

besweeet

DJThanos said:
When i go out of track with Full-Roam mod, go to the Test Track (Career, Garage and press Delete) and then go out of the track to the trees, behind the crowd building i find some start lines and unused fences. Same with Stunt arena, when you go Ski Jump and face your car to the fence behind and toss out your driver, you will see some random props.
I get this error while it's trying to load the test mode:

DJThanos

Whassup?
Use a diffrent car that is working. The car you use doesn't have the skin file, you need to unpack the file that contains the car and make a texture with the missing name on it. If skin255 exists, you can COPY it, rename it to skin255_damaged and if you want, edit it to look like deformed. Or you mean skin25?

besweeet

DJThanos said:
Use a diffrent car that is working. The car you use doesn't have the skin file, you need to unpack the file that contains the car and make a texture with the missing name on it. If skin255 exists, you can COPY it, rename it to skin255_damaged and if you want, edit it to look like deformed. Or you mean skin25?
Found them :).

DJThanos

Whassup?
Never noticed the 2 people. I found in the game files in the "scripts" folder some files called "devmenu" "timeattackmenu" "menudebug" and even found icons for Time Attack. I also found a hidden track in levels.bed named "Test". I enabled it in the game, but the game crashes at the loading screen because the track's folders are deleted, it was a derby tho. And i messed a little with the track where you test cars, and i put it in Single Events, AI just makes circles and the cars spawn above each other xD. And when you try to go to it by Test Car, it will say there are no other players, because i set the track to be event exclusive, but with a trick you still can play on Test Car mode.. just without a HUD and pause menu...
There's my vid about it
(i don't know how to make it show up on the page)

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
DJThanos said:
Never noticed the 2 people. I found in the game files in the "scripts" folder some files called "devmenu" "timeattackmenu" "menudebug" and even found icons for Time Attack. I also found a hidden track in levels.bed named "Test". I enabled it in the game, but the game crashes at the loading screen because the track's folders are deleted, it was a derby tho. And i messed a little with the track where you test cars, and i put it in Single Events, AI just makes circles and the cars spawn above each other xD. And when you try to go to it by Test Car, it will say there are no other players, because i set the track to be event exclusive, but with a trick you still can play on Test Car mode.. just without a HUD and pause menu...
There's my vid about it
(i don't know how to make it show up on the page)
Haha that's cool! How do I make it work in my game? I wanna try it out :D