Map making looks way too confusing.

Shady Bliss

I want to make a map, but i have no idea how too.

Is the only way to make a map through 3d studios and blender?

If yes, what are the best guides around for this kind of thing?

Ive tried looking for the files to open a map in blender but i haven't got a clue :confused:

Last edited:

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
You can, in theory, create a track in any 3D modelling software of your own choosing. But, you got to export it from Blender or 3DS Max to get it working inside the game.
There is a lot of bits and bobs, and I would suggest you to try taking small steps at a time. First start by getting to know the program you are going to use. To do this YouTube, the 3D program's support forums, google, other sources and general time & practice is what will do the trick. I think that writing a huge to-do list would just be more confusing, but I can summarize keypoints for further investigation, and which you can explore on when you feel the time is ready :)

Chapter 1: Find the program of your choosing

Chapter 2: Find your way around in the program; Don't be too stuck up by finding the "perfect" way - find what works for you

Chapter 3: Create a track, environment or something similar which can be driven on in the modelling software

Chapter 4: Find the technical aspects that needs to be present in the model / scene file so that this can be used in a game

Chapter 5: Find the general technical info related to how you get your track to be shown and selectable in-game

Hopefully this is of some help. It might seem overwhelming at start, but take one step at the time, divide and conquer. My journey started around 3.5 years ago - I still only know the tip of the iceberg and at best I can give is mediocre tips. My best advice is though; Time.

Shady Bliss

You can, in theory, create a track in any 3D modelling software of your own choosing. But, you got to export it from Blender or 3DS Max to get it working inside the game.
There is a lot of bits and bobs, and I would suggest you to try taking small steps at a time. First start by getting to know the program you are going to use. To do this YouTube, the 3D program's support forums, google, other sources and general time & practice is what will do the trick. I think that writing a huge to-do list would just be more confusing, but I can summarize keypoints for further investigation, and which you can explore on when you feel the time is ready :)

Chapter 1: Find the program of your choosing

Chapter 2: Find your way around in the program; Don't be too stuck up by finding the "perfect" way - find what works for you

Chapter 3: Create a track, environment or something similar which can be driven on in the modelling software

Chapter 4: Find the technical aspects that needs to be present in the model / scene file so that this can be used in a game

Chapter 5: Find the general technical info related to how you get your track to be shown and selectable in-game

Hopefully this is of some help. It might seem overwhelming at start, but take one step at the time, divide and conquer. My journey started around 3.5 years ago - I still only know the tip of the iceberg and at best I can give is mediocre tips. My best advice is though; Time.
I would like to query if it is possible to grab a map from Wreckfest and how you would be able to do it?

Id like to be able to open one up in blender to see how everything works. I think im definitely a practical learner. :D

Thanks for your reply though, didn't expect something quite detailed as this.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Currently there are no way to see one of the implemented tracks in-game, but there should be an example of a simple track in the mod section of your Wreckfest folder. In the mod "example", there should be a 3ds max file (but you maybe used blender?) with the basics shown.

Shady Bliss

Currently there are no way to see one of the implemented tracks in-game, but there should be an example of a simple track in the mod section of your Wreckfest folder. In the mod "example", there should be a 3ds max file (but you maybe used blender?) with the basics shown.
Yeah im using Blender, as i don't have access to 3ds max.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I have a thread on working with Wreckfest stock trackmaps: Purple44 custom track WIP page.

I move, delete or add the objects I need, delete them invisible collision walls the guardrails uses, that are in my way. And place new aisectors to get the AI to go where I want them. Use Stuntfest for my object editor.

Shady Bliss

I have a thread on working with Wreckfest stock trackmaps: Purple44 custom track WIP page.

I move, delete or add the objects I need, delete them invisible collision walls the guardrails uses, that are in my way. And place new aisectors to get the AI to go where I want them. Use Stuntfest for my object editor.
I have already read this. I searched the forums before posting mine.

I didn't get from your post how to open up maps and be able to see the objects though.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
All my track making done with Bagedit and loading just a track file that has only Subscenes objects into Stunfest and notebook page to do some math on.

And I use the in-game tool to get coordinates for aisectors and placing objects sometimes.

I can't load the Wreckfest terrain into Stuntfest any more, will crash Stuntfest. So I use the trial and error method. load my track objects, move object(s), save, copy new save file over to my \mods folder, rename it, then switch to Wreckfest and start track over again, then use free cam to see if object(s) are where I want them.

If not, I go back to Stuntfest and move object some more, then go test again.

Also will need Stuntfest in your Steam library. but Stuntfest right now, not being sold by Bugbear, been put on hold. Maybe sometime in 2019, Stuntfest will go live again.

This sound like something u want to learn? Got Stuntfest installed?

Last edited: