Mod Development Screenshots

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Nice eye candy dust templargfx. :)

About sparks, is that because realistic mode or part the mod? Would I get sparks if I use normal damage mode?

McKant

Hi folks! I'm new here, but I have been playing wreckfest for a while and I have always toyed with the idea of modding some vehicles into the game. Since I haven't been using blender for a bit, I have started with a simple model just to get started. I been working on a reinterpreted fiat/seat 133, another folk racing classic that I think would pair well with the killerbee. This is an early wip model, and at this point I have been looking for ways of further enhancing the model, and readying it for export into the game (after I complete the model, of course). What is bugging me right now is that I currently do not have a reference vehicle that I can use in blender, so I have no idea how I will eventually export the car into the game, or how each of the model parts have to be labelled for the car to work properly. I looked into the forums and I found an user-written blender converter, but there is no trace of the example .blend model used for the conversion.

I will figure out all of this eventually, but I thought it's better to ask the community beforehand!

Other than this, some feedback and suggestion on the current model are also much appreciated!

Schermata 2020-01-11 alle 19.35.53.png

Flash

Hi folks! I'm new here, but I have been playing wreckfest for a while and I have always toyed with the idea of modding some vehicles into the game. Since I haven't been using blender for a bit, I have started with a simple model just to get started. I been working on a reinterpreted fiat/seat 133, another folk racing classic that I think would pair well with the killerbee. This is an early wip model, and at this point I have been looking for ways of further enhancing the model, and readying it for export into the game (after I complete the model, of course). What is bugging me right now is that I currently do not have a reference vehicle that I can use in blender, so I have no idea how I will eventually export the car into the game, or how each of the model parts have to be labelled for the car to work properly. I looked into the forums and I found an user-written blender converter, but there is no trace of the example .blend model used for the conversion.

I will figure out all of this eventually, but I thought it's better to ask the community beforehand!

Other than this, some feedback and suggestion on the current model are also much appreciated!

View attachment 5492
have you looked here http://community.bugbeargames.com/threads/v0-05-blender-bgo-exporter.8806/ link to blend file http://chipmunkcraft.tv/download/Wreckfest_BGOexporter_Blender_Examples.zip

McKant

I've got some free time this week and I have made some progress on the model.

I'm quite satisfied with the exterior so far, but I will add more details later, as door handles are still missing, and I feel I can increase the polygon count a little bit.

Schermata 2020-01-16 alle 19.03.57.png

I'm also done with the engine, which took me much more work than expected. I know, I could have ripped the model from the killerbee, but where's the fun in that? (Still kept some geometry from the roadslayer for certain parts)Schermata 2020-01-16 alle 19.11.44.png

Schermata 2020-01-16 alle 18.59.41.png

Depending on how the project will evolve, I would like to make two versions of this car, kinda like the killer bee: a folk racing version, and a cleaner street version.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
That is really good! The details you put into the engine, curves of the car and small stuff like wind-wipers / window-wipers is pleasant to look at.

McKant

That is really good! The details you put into the engine, curves of the car and small stuff like wind-wipers / window-wipers is pleasant to look at.
Thanks a lot! There is still quite a lot of work to do, I'm modelling the drivetrain right now, and there I'll have the interiors and other details left. There are much less references online for these parts so I'm mixing and matching blueprints from similar fiat models, and it's taking a bit more than expected. Also, I can already tell that skinning the model will probably be a pain, so I'll make sure to scour these forums for resources and guides.