NCG: Build 6 Edition/Overhaul

PsychOXRat

The best bits from build 6 brought into the current and future builds! Still very much in progress with a lot more testing needed to get it right.

Current features:
Better damage!
Handling closer to Build 6 on the Build cars!
Build 6 tyres available for all cars!
Build 6 style brakes on most cars!
Engines and gearboxes from Build 6 on the cars in Build 6!
New fuel injector for the EU2 that features a low powered super charger to make it A200.
Adjusted gravity in air to lower frequency of strange bounces and to shorten jumps to a B6 level.

Future improvements:
Make EU1 closer to B6.
Add suitable B6 engines and gearboxes to new cars.
Add B6 style brakes to the rest of the cars based on cars in the same category.
Adjust some surface settings.
Fix any bugs found

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=737443280

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Feels pretty close to B6 so good job on that one.

I wasn't a fan of B6 handling and I'm not fan of this either. To be honest it feels horrible. I could agree asphalt getting more grip in the current game

Hoppen

Tried it out, is this really what Build 6 felt like? it doesn't handle well to me, but then, i'm a big fan of the current handling.

PsychOXRat

There's still some things that need adjusting, some non major surfaces are a bit too grippy atm, tyres aren't fully adjusted for all surfaces either so there's some things wrong there. I also think BagEdit uploaded a slightly older version of the mod as I didn't have autosave on on my laptop, but I'll only be able to fix this on Sunday as I'll be away from all computers until then.

also a note on whether this feels like B6 or not, currently I've been doing this "by ear" so I play B6, adjust values in the mod, test mod, test B6 and repeat so it's not 100% accurate or similar as of yet

PsychOXRat

The cars roll over better than currently - perhaps too well/more than B6 - I haven't yet tried the barriers so I don't know yet

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Allright, I'll give it a swirl (try) when I get some time between the fights (life like's to make thing difficoult) this or next week. Thanks for sharing :)

basti4655

Sry but this is nothing like build 6, i have playable build 6 so i can compare directly.

Rollovers are not improved at all, overall physics are not like b6.

I think its impossible to recreate the original build 6 with this overhauled engine.

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher
basti4655 said:
Sry but this is nothing like build 6, i have playable build 6 so i can compare directly.

Rollovers are not improved at all, overall physics are not like b6.

I think its impossible to recreate the original build 6 with this overhauled engine.
This is crucial. Rollovers and mid-air behaviour were much better and natural in build 6, they need to sort this out before release.