Need for Speed 2013

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Caption for this picture is
"Have no rules, show no mercy."
What could it be? We have to wait for E3 to find out. Looks something like Hot Pursuit, but it's not made by Criterion. Maybe sequel for The Run, because The Run ended so that there could be sequel.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
It will be for next generation consoles. :) Here is another picture. They got Ferrari back in the series.

The plate says Redview? It's the name of the place? Not sure but looks like it. But I can see it says NOV 13 so probably the game comes in November like every year.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
We didn't have to wait for E3! Here it is, Need For Speed Rivals!

Made by Ghost Studios in association with Criterion Games. Release date is 19.11.2013.

The game uses Frostbite 3 engine.

Quotes from game's website
http://www.needforspeed.com/rivals?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nfsr_social-us-socom-yt-major-beat-learn-rivals-announce&sourceid=nfsr_social-us-socom-yt-major-beat-learn-rivals-announce#high-stakes-rivalry

Welcome to Redview County, where a street-racing rivalry between cops and racers never stops as both sides push the limits to win followers and support in an all-out media war.
This is what makes the game sound AWESOME!
New in Need for Speed Rivals, All-Drive destroys the line between singleplayer and multiplayer gameplay. Seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. No lobbies. No waiting.
It's like TDU style free roam! ;D

Customization!
Power up your car with the latest upgrades in gadget technology and personalize your bodywork with fresh paintjobs, liveries, custom license plates, rims, and decals to show off your car to the world.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Ok, it was shown at gamescom:

Looks pretty good. :) I hope I don't have to wait for PS4 version for much longer than other versions of the game.

AltS7

Weeked Smasher
Handling looks a lot improved since E3 but still there's no feeling that you're driving actually car (like in all BB games). Also I'm surprised if it runs on Xbox One (because of lags).

John Burning

Create, destroy and dominate!
Team Bugbear Member
Looks like Mostwanted... Nothing new.
So sad that NFS is getting worse and worse...

ratchet

Team Bugbear Member
John Burning said:
Looks like Mostwanted... Nothing new.
So sad that NFS is getting worse and worse...
Criterion's Hot Pursuit was actually pretty good. While the handling was pure Burnout Paradise, they actually did a far more interesting take on the police chases than the boring games that were released after the original Most Wanted.
Now Criterion's Most Wanted is a different game. I feel that it really shouldn't have been called Most Wanted. Really it is more like Burnout Paradise 2 but with real cars and less destruction as a result.

I like Criterion, they have done some great games. What I don't like is how they are using Need For Speed's brand recognition to get the gameplay of the Burnout series to a wider audience.

RacerBest said:
New in Need for Speed Rivals, All-Drive destroys the line between singleplayer and multiplayer gameplay. Seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. No lobbies. No waiting.
It's like TDU style free roam! ;D
They are being quite vague with that description. I'd expect that Freeburn Online from Burnout Paradise is being used again, with a different name. I don't think TDU-like online free roam would work with Need For Speed in the current state of the series. The takedown mechanic would ruin it, and I wish that takedowns will not be in Rivals.

Speedevil

Hot Pursuit 2010's handling didn't feel like Burnout Paradise. Cars were a lot heavier.

And I personally like this handling, it reminds me of OutRun.

AltS7

Weeked Smasher
Hmm, looks like the game got better.
Need for Speed Rivals Gameplay - AllDrive Feature
Off-screen gameplay with russian journalist commentary
Need For Speed Rivals - Developer Commentary - PC build. Framerate is bad.

Also system requirnments revealed

MINIMUM System Requirements:
CPU: Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, AMD 2.6 GHz Athlon X2
RAM: At least 4 GB
DISC DRIVE: CD/DVD ROM drive required for istallation only
HARD DRIVE: At least 30 GB of free space
VIDEO: AMD Radeon 3870 512Mb or better, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 Mb or better, IntelHD 4000 integrated 512Mb or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 10.1 compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse
ONLINE CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS: 512 Kbps or faster internet connection

RECOMMENDED System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (Recommended is Windows 8 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Quad Core CPU, AMD Duo Core CPU
RAM: At least 8 GB
DISC DRIVE: CD/DVD ROM drive required for istallation only
HARD DRIVE: At least 30 GB of free space
VIDEO: AMD Radeon 7870 3Gb or better, NVIDIA GeForce GT660 3Gb or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 11 compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse
ONLINE CONNECTION REQUIREMENTS: 512 Kbps or faster internet connection

Weird, it says that game with Frostbite engine works on WinXP. And also requires minimum 4 GB of memory (normally 32-bit version of Windows can't use more than ~3.25 GB of RAM, also it can't allocate more than 2 GB of memory per 1 application unless you add /3GB switch in boot parameters).

AltS7

Weeked Smasher
aerocrane +1
Also according to Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/18/4851148/need-for-speed-rivals-hands-on-alldrive-pc-ps4) PS4's Need for Speed Rivals more visually impressive than PC version
Later, we switched to the PS4 version and were surprised to find a game that looked even more impressive than its PC counterpart, with better texture detail, improved lighting on cars and sharper graphics overall. The PS4 version did suffer from a higher incidence of issues such as parts of the world failing to load, but developer Ghost Games assured us they would have those problems ironed out in time for launch.
That means that not only PC version needs to be polished in terms of optimization and we'll probably see patches after release (unless they make some wonders like Bugbear did with final version of RRU).

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
WOW PS4 version better looking than PC version! :eek: I like that, I was getting this on PS4 anyways.

WolfSkyline

I have a life outside of posting in forums
Team Bugbear Member
The next nfs game will indeed have amazing visuals, but for me it plays just as bad as the newer hot pursut game

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
WolfSkyline said:
The next nfs game will indeed have amazing visuals, but for me it plays just as bad as the newer hot pursut game
Hot Pursuit 2010 was awesome. :)

WolfSkyline

Team Bugbear Member
Hot Pursuit 2010 was awesome. :)
[/quote] I respect your opinion but that game was dissapointing for me :p

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
err said:
seems the game is kind of a disaster atleast on a pc.
How a game come to the PC and is lock at 30 FPS? That a dumb move by game maker.

It things like this that create "friction" between PC players and console players. PC players spend extra $$ on their PC hardware so they can see eye candy at high FPS. PC players don't like it when games put limits on doing that!!

WolfSkyline

Team Bugbear Member
No idea what they were thinking, but i am not gonna buy it before it's fixed for sure.