Need for Speed 2013

RacerBest

Active Member
Team Bugbear Member
Getting this next week with PS4 (if I get the console).

30 frames per second has never been problem to me.
 

Frisker

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
If I'd want to play games with 30FPS I'd buy a console, but I want to play at 60FPS as there is huge difference between them. And FPS hardlocked at 30, on PC, is unbearable.
 

WolfSkyline

I have a life outside of posting in forums
Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
Getting this next week with PS4 (if I get the console).

30 frames per second has never been problem to me.
I was close to buy a ps4, but here in Denmark it's sold out completely. And will only be sent in Febuary, so i did the opposite and upgraded my pc instead.
 

ratchet

Member
Team Bugbear Member
Someone has figured out the launch options to run the PC version at 60 fps, just enter the following into the launch settings on Origin:

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0

It allows the game to run at 60 fps, but it starts to mess up some things in the game slightly when your framerate drops under 60. It is only minor stuff, the camera angle pulling back a little bit for no reason, physics freaking out when wrecking the car (eg. car bouncing over a barrier) and it seems the emp lock-on indicator for when you are targeted will also display incorrectly.
 

Frisker

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
From the videos I've seen where people used that command line trick to get 60FPS, the game is absolutely unplayable. It runs too fast.. it's literally 2x faster.
So it cannot be done.
 

ratchet

Member
Team Bugbear Member
Frisker said:
From the videos I've seen where people used that command line trick to get 60FPS, the game is absolutely unplayable. It runs too fast.. it's literally 2x faster.
So it cannot be done.
The modification you speak of only doubles the framerate without setting a new limitation for the simulation calculations. With the commands I posted the game assumes it will run at locked 60 fps and running the simulations accordingly. This means framerate lower than 60 fps causes some small slowdown and other small issues I mentioned as the physics are running slower when the fps is lower.
 

Frisker

Active Member
Weeked Smasher
aerocrane said:
Frisker said:
From the videos I've seen where people used that command line trick to get 60FPS, the game is absolutely unplayable. It runs too fast.. it's literally 2x faster.
So it cannot be done.
The modification you speak of only doubles the framerate without setting a new limitation for the simulation calculations. With the commands I posted the game assumes it will run at locked 60 fps and running the simulations accordingly. This means framerate lower than 60 fps causes some small slowdown and other small issues I mentioned as the physics are running slower when the fps is lower.
So a new way is figured out??? I gotta try it out, thanks mate!
Even though I do doubt I can run it 100% stable on 60FPS.. without lowering some settings :p

But thanks!
 

WolfSkyline

I have a life outside of posting in forums
Team Bugbear Member
@Frisker, be sure to lower the settings then, it's important for this fix to have 60fps all the time.
 
Top