Need help with FO2 player models

Hi! This is is first post here. I have been playing FO2 on Steam for a long time and I have grown quite attached to the drivers of the game (especially the player male driver), so I wanted to extract the models themselves from the game and to use them in Garry's Mod.
Searching older threads here, I was able to find the .bfs unpacker that has been mentioned on the forums and I already unpacked the game files. I found the textures used in the game, and found .bgm files, which I assume tell the game how to wrap the textures (.dds files) to make the player models.
What I would like to do is to manipulate the models in a program like Blender. Is that possible?
Another question is: am I allowed to use these files/models online if I give credits to the game (steam page link?), or do I need to do something else? I'm asking this because if I can get the playermodels into Blender, I would work them into Garry's Mod, where I would like to use them as a player model, which requires(?) sharing it on Steam, where anyone can see it.
If someone could help I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks for the reply! I have looked around in the FOJ discord and gathered that info. Now I just need to try and find a way to get zmodeler and export the models I want to work with into .obj files (or any other file format), so I can import them into Blender.
Do you happen to know what the difference between zmod 2 and zmod 3 is? Also, I heard that the last major release of zmod 2 was quite buggy and people prefer the second latest release. Is that true?
Thanks for the help.

frenchman

I recently started using zmodeler. I use zmod 2.1.1 and 2.2.6 . I handle z3d format (and bgm / bzf / bmf (bugbear) ) . I have little knowledge in obj and others .
maybe other members can tell you more.
Good luck :)

Thanks for the info! I checked my older messages in the FOJ discord and saw that zmod 2.26 only doesn't work properly for NFS Most Wanted, so it would probably work with flatout.