New Flatout coming in 2016

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
sam223 said:
Purple44 said:
Strange I can not find any new info on Flatout 4 from Kylotonn Devs. No new info at there website or their facebook page.

And according to this French gamer site, no PC version either:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.gamergen.com/actualites/flatout-4-total-insanity-un-logo-et-mois-sortie-jeu-course-dejante-278463-1&prev=search

If Flatout 4 going be release in March, that would mean the game about to go beta. If so, why no word from Kylotonn Devs?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kylotonn-Games/1415419208718686?fref=ts

Only says "coming soon" on their next project. Should not it say something about Flatout 4 if it also most finish?
http://www.kylotonngames.com/pages/automotive.php?page=nextproject
I wouldnt worry about it,its most likely gonna be terrible. Slightly better looking flatout with all the modern arcade racer gimmicks like changing fov/motion blur so you feel like you are driving at 5000mph. Itll be in the bargain bin by may if released in march
It a no buy if Strategy First has anything do with it. And if there no PC version.............

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
'cause it's a Strategy Foist game. ;D

Their strategy is to foist some sh!t on gamers. :D

verb: foist; 3rd person present: foists; past tense: foisted; past participle: foisted; gerund or present participle: foisting
impose an unwelcome or unnecessary person or thing on.
"don't let anyone foist inferior goods on you"
synonyms: impose on, force on, thrust on, offload on, unload on, dump on, palm off on; More

HAHAHAHA 8)

/ LOL - I loves me some puns and word games.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Purple44 said:
It a no buy if Strategy First has anything do with it. And if there no PC version.............
I wouldn't buy it no matter who was publishing it. Im still hoping for a Test Drive:EOD/ Dirt track racing reboot,but its wishful thinking as 1 company is defunct and the other is working on nascars again.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
It does seem Flatout 4 is going to happen, at least for the consoles. No sign there going be a PC version.

Flatout 4 trailer (by Kylotonn)

nophysics said:
Purple44 said:
Look like Flatout 4 is going to happen, but only on the consoles for now.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/flatout-4-total-insanity/142125 Release Date 4/4/2017

Product Details:

Flatout 4: Total Insanity elevates the level of hard hitting, fast paced action in the demolition derby style racing genre. Fans will rejoice as the celebrated series offers bigger, louder, better and more outrageous stunts and collisions. Also, fans of the genre can still enjoy some of the popular classic stunts too, as FlatOut 4: Total Insanity offers something for FlatOut fans both new and familiar.

27 customizable cars, including tributes to fan favorites and new additions to the garage.
20 Tracks including traditional derby racing, time trials, arenas, assault levels, Carnage levels and much more.
High speed collision in fully destructible environments.
The legendary Stunt Mode: a mix of six new stunts and six re-imagined classic stunt minigames where the driver is flung through the windshield.
Arena Mode: featuring 3 different game play styles - Death Match, Capture the Flag, Survivor.
New Assault Mode: use deadly weapons to slow or destroy your opponents!
Up to 8 players Online Mode and play locally with friends in a series of stunts.

Flatout 4 Total Insanity by Strategy First

But Gamestop says Strategy First is the publisher. :(

Here some info from a french site:

FlatOut 4: Total Insanity is full of info
Will have click link to get full article.

We now got the answer on how many players online, only 8. :(

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher
Finsku said:
Purple44 said:
It looks like FO1 and FO2 but with worse physics
It also seems to be lacking in car deformation.

Props to them for reintroducing old Flatout modes, graphics also look very good, but it's lacking the most important parts that made the series memorable: physics and crashes. Otherwise it would have been a good arcade alternative to Wreckfest.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Itll please those who wanted wreckfest to be another flatout game no doubt. Personally ill be skipping it, as it looks like FO:UC again (better looking flatout2) and i have no interest in revisiting that.

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
I only see 2 and UC kind of gameplay. I'm skipping but there should be people who enjoy that game.

Daystar

Gone in 60 seconds!
The environments look pretty good actually. but still... Wreckfest is where my heart is at. Yet we still have no career mode. hope Bugbear gives us one.

orbotnive

To me it looks as if they almost hit the mark of the old ones. Not quite. I can't get it anyway unless a PC version arrives at some point but from the trailer it looks like why bother, I still have FOUC if I feel like a go

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I have FOUC also. I just like the cars but the damage is missing. Don't think I would buy if it was available for the PC. [thumbs down]

LUNITIC_WILL

Full time wrecker
since SF is still with the series, i'm gonna be on the fence and let other people waste their money. if it's good, they'll say so. vice versa as well

rhamm

Weeked Smasher
Team Bugbear Member
Looks like they released another trailer. This looks truly awful. Not sure why this trailer says April 2017 and the first one said March 2017.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
rhamm said:
This looks truly awful.
Looks like it'll run fast on older hardware. Gameplay is key; eye candy is extra.
A fun game is a fun game even with less current graphics & physics.

Awesome graphics and physics details can't save a game that isn't fun.

I guess we'll find out which one Flatout 4 is when reviews come out in April. :-\

I read on the Steam comments section for Wreckfest from time to time and it seems there are many who are unhappy with Wreckfest because some of the FlaoutOut fans want Bugbear to take this game in that direction. I really, really hope they do not because if they do, I'd delete this game off of my machine so fast that it would make my own head spin.

For me, the difference between Flatout and Wreckfest is the same as watching a Saturday morning cartoon or a movie.