New skin slots

Negu0314

New Member
Hello! My question is really simple: How to add new skin slots to the game? What I want to do is make a new skin slot for AI's skins. I want to use default skins while having a 6th skin slot for AI's skin. So using an AI's skin without replacing one of the default ones.

EDIT - I got it. If anyone wants to know how to do it, what files to modify, PM me. :)
 

Negu0314

New Member
Hello again! As you can see, I solved my first question by myself. But, I got another for you guys: How to add new car slots to the game? I want to make new cars (or models, however you call it) to the game, but I don't want to replace, as with skins. So I want to drive a new car which I make (already done some things, model, skins, textures), but I don't want to replace it with a original car.

Also, want to add new textures, but not replace! So, for example, if I want to use my textures only on my new car, which files do I need to edit?
 

Negu0314

New Member
Okay, so as good as I figured out, I need to edit the flatout2.db file. And if I'm right, there's a database editor for FO2, but I can't find it. Could someone (who used it before) upload it to me? :)
 

Negu0314

New Member
Purple44 said:
Hi! Thanks for these. Only problem with the CM is I can do the same with the original game, just replace the car with the Mob Car for example, and boom. It's done. But when it comes to publish my mod, I would have some problems about I did changed a car from a mod which isn't mine, and I can't publish what I didn't made myself... :) That's why I would need that database editor, to find out how to add more slots for cars. By the way, thanks for the tips, appreciate your help. :)
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Negu0314 said:
Purple44 said:
Hi! Thanks for these. Only problem with the CM is I can do the same with the original game, just replace the car with the Mob Car for example, and boom. It's done. But when it comes to publish my mod, I would have some problems about I did changed a car from a mod which isn't mine, and I can't publish what I didn't made myself... :) That's why I would need that database editor, to find out how to add more slots for cars. By the way, thanks for the tips, appreciate your help. :)
Just release a carpack with your custom cars using any the custom car slots? Like Heddly did, Carpack 4.
 

Negu0314

New Member
Purple44 said:
Negu0314 said:
Purple44 said:
Hi! Thanks for these. Only problem with the CM is I can do the same with the original game, just replace the car with the Mob Car for example, and boom. It's done. But when it comes to publish my mod, I would have some problems about I did changed a car from a mod which isn't mine, and I can't publish what I didn't made myself... :) That's why I would need that database editor, to find out how to add more slots for cars. By the way, thanks for the tips, appreciate your help. :)
Just release a carpack with your custom cars using any the custom car slots? Like Heddly did, Carpack 4.
But I want something different than CM. Not everyone uses FOJ's CM's. For example me, I don't want that much change. I want to make my own mods, using my own work is so much better than someone else's. In CM, there's a lot of custom things, like HUD, UI etc... I just want to use custom cars, which I made. But, you don't have the FO2DB editor, right? :D
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
The database tool we use at Flatout Joint too edit flaout2.db file, was only use by a few of us. We did not want to release tool publicly and risk having it abused. I got to use the database tool to add new custom track folders for the custom tracks we had done for Community Mod and added some new track folders for future tracks.

It been over 10 years now since release of Flatout 2, guess it be OK now to release our database tool to the public. Here a link to a copy of my database tool folder. It has readme file help explain how to use it. Been a long time since I have use the tool, so don't ask me questions about it. :p But I do remember database is sensitive on use of capital letters. Be sure to follow same format you see in the database.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z7y0f3ddelif52t/fo2db_tools_V0.6+-+Copy.7z
 

Negu0314

New Member
Purple44 said:
The database tool we use at Flatout Joint too edit flaout2.db file, was only use by a few of us. We did not want to release tool publicly and risk having it abused. I got to use the database tool to add new custom track folders for the custom tracks we had done for Community Mod and added some new track folders for future tracks.

It been over 10 years now since release of Flatout 2, guess it be OK now to release our database tool to the public. Here a link to a copy of my database tool folder. It has readme file help explain how to use it. Been a long time since I have use the tool, so don't ask me questions about it. :p But I do remember database is sensitive on use of capital letters. Be sure to follow same format you see in the database.

https://www.mediafire.com/#jd7tn0vdmnybt
Oh my lord, you're a legend... :D Thanks for sharing it with us! :) I have an account on MediaFire too, and when I click on your link it directs me to my folder. I could be wrong, but maybe you posted a wrong link? :p I also tried without being logged in, but then it's directs me to the main page of MF.
 

Negu0314

New Member
Heddly said:
You are welcome to try my link to the database tool. Would be nice to see some new mods for FO2.

FO2 database tool update
You're my hero! :D :D Thanks for it, finally I got the files out of the default flatout2.db to see what's going on... I can easily unpack the database file, but I'm struggling with packing it. Did everything right (I guess), but it's don't want to pack the root directory. :/
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
Negu0314 said:
Heddly said:
You are welcome to try my link to the database tool. Would be nice to see some new mods for FO2.

FO2 database tool update
You're my hero! :D :D Thanks for it, finally I got the files out of the default flatout2.db to see what's going on... I can easily unpack the database file, but I'm struggling with packing it. Did everything right (I guess), but it's don't want to pack the root directory. :/
I run into that problem too when trying pack things back up. I had to send my work to Shadow and he was able to get database file packed up. I don't know what the trick is. Heddly, you able to get a good pack of database file?
 

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I can give it a try, I used to be able to do it but forgot what the trick was.
 

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
Try this version of the db tool, It may work better. It has a GUI to locate the fo2.db file in the game (be sure to back it up) and then repack the file after making changes. Hope this helps.
 
L

Lakova

Guest
Hello! I'm new to this forum and also new to FO2 modding, hold this in mind. What I did is made a new car slot called "car_46". This is my new car slot with a default Chili. Now, it's loaded up successfully, I renamed it to "Chili test" and give it a price "1", all worked well. But, when I try to start a derby (for ex.), choose a track and the car, it's gives me an error: "Couldn't find skinai1_damaged.tga". The problem is I have that file in my data/cars/car_46 folder. So I don't really understand what could be the problem. Anyone? :)
 

frenchman

Member
Lakova said:
Hello! I'm new to this forum and also new to FO2 modding, hold this in mind. What I did is made a new car slot called "car_46". This is my new car slot with a default Chili. Now, it's loaded up successfully, I renamed it to "Chili test" and give it a price "1", all worked well. But, when I try to start a derby (for ex.), choose a track and the car, it's gives me an error: "Couldn't find skinai1_damaged.tga". The problem is I have that file in my data/cars/car_46 folder. So I don't really understand what could be the problem. Anyone? :)

Hi :)

_maybe you have skinai1 *dds
try it > (skinai1 *tga) > https://vk.com/doc380786717_451878089?hash=4586a50617676a12ab&dl=6ab3ffd3fdbed92a7d

_ converter dds / tga > https://convertio.co/fr/dds-tga/
 
L

Lakova

Guest
frenchman said:
Lakova said:
Hello! I'm new to this forum and also new to FO2 modding, hold this in mind. What I did is made a new car slot called "car_46". This is my new car slot with a default Chili. Now, it's loaded up successfully, I renamed it to "Chili test" and give it a price "1", all worked well. But, when I try to start a derby (for ex.), choose a track and the car, it's gives me an error: "Couldn't find skinai1_damaged.tga". The problem is I have that file in my data/cars/car_46 folder. So I don't really understand what could be the problem. Anyone? :)

Hi :)

_maybe you have skinai1 *dds
try it > (skinai1 *tga) > https://vk.com/doc380786717_451878089?hash=4586a50617676a12ab&dl=6ab3ffd3fdbed92a7d

_ converter dds / tga > https://convertio.co/fr/dds-tga/
Hi! :) I have both. Converted .dds to .tga in Photoshop when I got this error first time.
 
Top