Online Bangers : Wreckfest (2018)

sam223

Weeked Smasher
FalconXY said:
sam223 said:
-Disabled health bar (thanks st jimmy)
Great update sam223 ! ;D

Disable health bar is possible ? That's great.
How ? I have not seen this mod here.
Its on the workshop i think also. St Jimmy found out about it,i looked before but i'm sure the files didnt exist last time i tried. Fairly easy to to do,just replacing a couple of hud textures.

FalconXY

Yes the health bar mod is good.

I really like the Online Bangers mod. The car deformation and car handling is way better than the vanilla game. And I also like the small oval UK tracks. More tight action on them.

Could you add the Schoolbus too the available cars for the mod please ?
I like using the bus with AI set to bus too for offline fun.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
FalconXY said:
Yes the health bar mod is good.

I really like the Online Bangers mod. The car deformation and car handling is way better than the vanilla game. And I also like the small oval UK tracks. More tight action on them.

Could you add the Schoolbus too the available cars for the mod please ?
I like using the bus with AI set to bus too for offline fun.
Thanks for the kind words, will sort the bus ai out for the next patch. I need to check they don't show up in class A/B/C first and only their own special class.
Would be good to hook up again for some online racing,enjoyed the UKdirt winter season when you raced.

https://discord.gg/A9cCQpZ

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Another large update to the banger mod. If you like this mod, give it a thumbs up.

If you really like it, consider sending a donation to help cover the running costs of the servers and mod making expenses.
Send them here : https://www.paypal.me/onlinebangers

WHATS NEW
11 new car models (thanks Bungal)

58' Belvedere

59' Eight Coupe (2 door)

61' MK10

69' Sedan Deville

75' Monaco

77' 280c

85" Caprice Wagon

85" Caprice Sedan

91' W140

91' SC300

98' MK4 Supra

plus 85' MK3 Supra (new model)

-weight bias option in mk1s/cc,mk2s/e,w210s/e,240s/e. This can be changed under 'performance' menu in game. Adding weight improves grip on loose surfaces along with giving ability to cause more damage at the cost of performance.

CHANGES TO CARS

DAMAGE
-reduced distance before wheel lost/wheel bend/wheel stop (realistic damage)
-reduced hub size when wheel lost so its harder to drive (realistic damage)
-reduced damage amount before mechanical damage (realistic damage)
-increased airtime in fast cars vs static cars
-increased visual damage vs cars and wall (realistic damage)
-increased last hit wrecking threshold (should no longer die for love taps)
-added more joints and panels to all cars (improving visual damage fidelity)

-all cars have had their front and roof protection reduced (fixing issues with some cars being stronger than others)
-all cars have identical armour amounts now
-all cars have had HP amount re-balanced. Faster cars have lower HP than slower cars

PHYSICS
-changed heavy car (jags/yanks) tire profile to match lighter cars (no longer have shale advantage)
-corrected tire profile size on all small cars (so gearing should feel the same)
-adjusted suspension setups on yanks (slower) and mk2 crown/ls400 (should handle better)
-reduced total engine efficiency (BHP) by 5% on all cars
-increased handbrake engage and release time to reduce its effectiveness over normal brakes

OTHER

-fixed steering wheel pivot in all cars (thanks ripple)
-DNF smoke adjusted
-some crash particles in crashes replaced with sparks
-2.3/2.9/3.0 engine sounds
-2.3/2.9 engine model options
-various texture updates and skins (thanks Krev,Ripple,Foster,Harvey,Ryano,BigDave)
-Rim and bumper options for Cadambulance,Caprice limo
-Rim options on GTO
-10-2 driver option in Caprice limo
-mk1 steering wheel option in a lot more cars
-froge/s : Pug 9 spoke rims
-Updated camera positions in some cars
-Visual ride heights and wheel alignments adjusted on some cars. Players can adjust them themselves using part/suspension/visual.vesv where this part is available

TRACKS
-Emmen and Kings lynn updated with textures,rescaled and ambient audio (thanks Kizza)
-crowd and starter sounds on ringwood,wimbo,arlington,brumv2
-weather sets fixed on uk oval tracks
-lights reduced on westworld,arlington
-2 wide start points included for most of ukshortoval (tads) tracks

Special thanks to Bam (pictures),Dode (cams) and everyone who helped test/give input

DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

Any problems/issues, join us in discord : https://discord.gg/A9cCQpZ

see you on track
~sam

sam223

Weeked Smasher
The Very End said:
Great stuff (as always). Fun seeing some of those old classics.
Cheers Tor, will have to get you back out in the x300 at some point. Show people how to drive like a pro on keys ;)

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Haha! Yeah we got to get that going! Was a lot of fun last time even tho I had to tab like a mad-man at those keys :p

sam223

Weeked Smasher
The Very End said:
Haha! Yeah we got to get that going! Was a lot of fun last time even tho I had to tab like a mad-man at those keys :p
You were a lot quicker than i expected. Usually anyone on keys really struggles (due to no assists). Just wish i could adjust the assists individually to remove some of the advantage they give to pad/wheel users who are fast enough without them.

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Are there no parameteres to alter the assists at all? Are they either ON/HALF/OFF and nothing in between? Ideally 10-20% help to generally just help without leading the player would be an interesting option.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
The Very End said:
Are there no parameteres to alter the assists at all? Are they either ON/HALF/OFF and nothing in between? Ideally 10-20% help to generally just help without leading the player would be an interesting option.
There probably is,but we cant open the files. All ive done currently is just copy and rename the 'off' files to replace half/on. So they are always off no matter what option you pick.

But yea would be nice to fine tune a bit. Dont really wanna intentionally exclude players on keys,but cant really see an alternative currently for competitive balance.