The weather's getting colder at least in our parts of the world, but in the cockpit it's getting warmer and warmer, if not downright hot. We're happy to let you know that the latest update of the game is out and, and we have a surprise for you: among other goodies the update brings you not only one, but two new tracks!
The first track, Drytown Desert, is a more technical, rallycross style romp that features great rolling flow as well as a couple of cool underpasses and definitely takes some proper skill to master. Then if you're more into wrecking stuff, fret not since the other new track, Rockfield Roughspot, is a rundown dirt speedway that began its life in The Very Track Pack by the ever so prolific content creator Tor Ole but now has banked corners as well as some bumps and jumps thrown in for a good measure. In the heat of the racing, this track can definitely make you feel like you're between a rock and a hard place!
And of course, that's not all. The update also features some much-requested features such as Steam Cloud support and Steam Achievements and a whole host of other neat improvements such as improved offline and online performance, third damage mode, user interface improvements and so on. Be sure to check below for the complete list of changes with comments, update your game and start wrecking!
- Added two new tracks: Drytown Desert and Rockfield Roughspot.
- Optimized loading times.
- Added Steam Achievements. Except for "Rocketeer" (Reach 210 Km/h (130 Mph) With Rocket), already achieved ones will unlock retrospectively upon launching the game.
- Added support for Steam Cloud. Note that the game's save data is now located in "Documents\My Games\wreckfest" (old save data will be copied over in the first-time launch).
- Improved mesh particle culling, improving framerate especially in events featuring large vehicles.
- Glow particles no longer appear completely white.
- Added a third damage mode that some have been requesting: "Intense". This is same as the "Realistic" mode with which the console versions launched, in other words, "Realistic" with attacker's advantage enabled.
- Added an AI Set for Limo.
- Added Big Rig and Limo to the "Special Mix" AI Set.
- Increased Wingman strength.
- Reduced Limo strength slightly.
- Taking the loop on "Deathloop" no longer causes damage to the car.
- Improved Honey Pot panel damage so that panels get detached correctly.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Venom as easily.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Outlaw as easily.
- Lawnmower and other small vehicles are no longer invincible against small to medium nudges.
- Improved AI raceline on various tracks.
- Added improved iconography to the garage user interface.
- Added new, unique icons for armor and visual upgrade parts.
- Added upgrade tier icons for performance parts.
- In career heat races, event specific loading screen is now displayed also between the heats.
- In custom events, the correct AI Set is now displayed after changing the vehicle.
- HUD can no longer appear in the main menu after being disconnected from an online session.
- Health bar no longer appears full when the player has 1 health point left.
- Improved local car prediction precision to reduce input lag.
- Increased maximum allowed prediction time for remote cars to reduce warping with high latency.
- In lobby, the server name no longer overlaps the track name at the top.
- Lobby options are no longer incorrectly grayed out in case the user is in the Tune screen when a track change occurs.
- Idling during an online event no longer results in the player being kicked from the server.
- Added back the "Add Bot" button to lobby.
- Collision effects are more crunchy now.
- In-game modding tools now work again.
- Modifying minimap settings (bag filetype "mise") no longer trickers anti-tamper protection.