Player's name

Trosemafo

Hello, I wanted to know the name of the player we control in flatout 2 and I'm sorry for my bad English. I'm using google translator.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
The player\ car you control, has what ever user name you pick. Like Purple44:

Offline, when an AI car get near you, you see AI player's name, Like Sally Taylor:

I hope I answer your question Trosemafo.

Trosemafo

ok and how do I put skins on the players because I changed the default skin of male_1 but when I start the game, the default one comes out

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Is your custom male_1.dds file in the correct folder: \data\drivers\ragdoll

You testing this in unpack Flatout 2, first?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
If you replace the stock male_1.dds file with your own custom male_1.dds file and it don't show when you start unpack Flatout 2, I don't know what going on.

Trosemafo

ok i always wanted to play around with nucleon or other stunt cars and there is a mod but the nucleon auto has lower stats than the rocket we used with the hack so i copied the files from the nucleon to the rocket and it worked. What happens is that the player is poorly positioned and it bothers me :( and here a zip of the images because here it does not allow to send http://www.mediafire.com/file/cbsjgvas2ckqqyy/image.zip/file

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Looking at your pic, look like the AI driver need to sit lower in the car. My guess is the body.bgm for each car has the setting for where the AI driver is position.

So take a look at rocket body.bgm file, get the AI driver position numbers, if they are there. then put them in the nucleon body.bgm file?

I not a car modder, so don't know how the guys at Flatout Joint did it. Maybe they uses zmodeler2?

Trosemafo

and that skin is not AI, it is my first skin, that's why you see that the colors change the second skin is better.

Fo2Forever

I have the same problem with the driver skins, I changed the skin I wanted to male_1 but nothing happened, I also packed it in a .bfs file and added it in filesystem (tried also with patch) but still nothing, I always get the default driver, anyone knows the problem?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Is driver skin in the correct folder structure? \data\drivers\ragdoll

And you editing the male_1.dds file or made a new one?

Could do a test and just change a color of the stock male_1.dds file and then pack and load bfs file in your patch file. Unless you got Flatout 2 unpack.

Fo2Forever

Is driver skin in the correct folder structure? \data\drivers\ragdoll

And you editing the male_1.dds file or made a new one?

Could do a test and just change a color of the stock male_1.dds file and then pack and load bfs file in your patch file. Unless you got Flatout 2 unpack.
It is in correct order Empire Interactive/Flatout2/data/drivers/ragdoll I want to change male_1 to male_2 as male_2 is Jack Benton's driver (I want to play as Jack). There is a tutorial on Youtube how to change drivers, in the video he just renamed male_1 to male_2 and male_2 to male_1, but it didn't worke for me. If you know how to fix this I would be happy :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
K, so go to your unpacked Empire Interactive/Flatout2/data/drivers/ragdoll folder, make the change in files:

renamed male_1.dds to male_2.dds and male_2.dds to male_1.dds

Should work, then start you unpacked Flatout 2 and see if drivers change.

If works, then can pack up your /data/drivers/ragdoll folder ( the whole folder structure ), with just the 2 tweaked male_1.dds and male_2.dds files. No other Flatout 2 files.