Please support "Headlong", my home-made racing game on Steam Greenlight!

M

Mopower

Not a bad looking game for being low budget. I must say that it does resemble a 16 bit flatout XD. Good work though, maybe for your next game you could try to make a realistic demolition derby game? I'm always willing to help/beta test that sort of thing

psychicparrot

Always look both ways before crossing the street.
Thanks for the comments and for the support! I really appreciate it!

MoPower - I'd love to make a derby game. I'll need a 3d artist to make more detailed cars for the next game so that I can work on my damage system some more. Right now, the cars are all one block so I can't split off doors or panels to have them dent and drop off separately.. maybe next time? :)

M

Mopower

psychicparrot said:
Thanks for the comments and for the support! I really appreciate it!

MoPower - I'd love to make a derby game. I'll need a 3d artist to make more detailed cars for the next game so that I can work on my damage system some more. Right now, the cars are all one block so I can't split off doors or panels to have them dent and drop off separately.. maybe next time? :)
Ah, I see. I must ask that if you do a derby game though, don't have it so that pieces fall off the cars though. In real derbies, the doors/fenders/hoods/trunk lids are all welded or bolted on. And the glass is already taken out of the car so you wouldn't have to worry about that either :) But getting the denting right would be good

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Nice for game made by one man.
Gave it thumbs up and put it to favourites.

But.. I can't win races, the AI feels like cheating.. They seem to wait for me when I'm doing badly, and when I overtake them and drive great, they get some super speedboosts and catches me up quickly and ruins my race.

And why monstertruck race is street class?

69Imperial

fuk tha mods #yolo #smdmajatek
Master Blaster
RacerBest said:
But.. I can't win races, the AI feels like cheating.. They seem to wait for me when I'm doing badly, and when I overtake them and drive great, they get some super speedboosts and catches me up quickly and ruins my race.
Just like Flatout. ;)

psychicparrot

Thanks for the comments guys!

RacerBest - great eye! I could have done with you when I was beta testing!! The class is wrong. It should say monster truck class. I'll fix it tomorrow and get a new build up.

I just added a couple of fixes that help the handling - just finished uploading - maybe you will do better now? Sorry you couldnt get a win out of it. If a lot of people say it's too hard I will stop the AI from boosting so much to bring down the difficulty a bit :)

There's also a Mac demo now - link is on the greenlight page, but I assume you guys are all PC?

I knew you guys would have some constructive feedback! Thank you!

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Just sayin'

When I saw that barn in the monstertruck track at the first time, I smashed to it's wall because I have played too much FO and I thought I could take a shortcut through it. Hahahah. ;D

psychicparrot

If I ever raise enough to have a real 3d artist, I'll try to make sure ALL barns are crash-through-able!! XD

Jukka and Tommi... THANK YOU!!! You guys totally rock.

psychicparrot

69Imperial - thanks, dude!

My sounds all come from a royalty-free sound library. I have to be very careful about copyright, so I'm kind of reluctant to just take sounds from you to be honest - it's not that I don't appreciate the offer, but I hope you understand how careful I have to be!

Are there specific sounds you didn't like in my game?

Thank you again for the offer! :)

John Burning

Create, destroy and dominate!
Team Bugbear Member
The game is awesome! The physics of the cars so cool! I really like it. But AI is a little bit hard and camera is moving really abruptly ;)

69Imperial

fuk tha mods #yolo #smdmajatek
Master Blaster
psychicparrot said:
69Imperial - thanks, dude!

My sounds all come from a royalty-free sound library. I have to be very careful about copyright, so I'm kind of reluctant to just take sounds from you to be honest - it's not that I don't appreciate the offer, but I hope you understand how careful I have to be!

Are there specific sounds you didn't like in my game?

Thank you again for the offer! :)
The crash sounds/landing from jump/scraping against wall sounds are the meh ones. Sorry to hear about the copyright crapola.
Here are some of them, if you want to check them out.
http://depositfiles.com/files/9bw607f97