Suicide Track Pack - Redone

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Edit: My Suicide track pack been redone to work with final version of Wreckfest, Oct 27, 2018. Here Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806300441

Suicide Sandpit 1 Track Pack+ is now ready for download at Steam Workshop. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806300441

What a Suicide track? It a track where cars go both directions on same portion of track. Get to play chicken and see who wins. :)

The tracks:

Suicide Sandpit1 - Easiest of the 3 tracks.

Suicide hill is a loop you can take in either direction.
Might slow down a bit at the ramp jump at finish line or car may go for a tumble on the landing.

Suicide BugBeer Run - Medium in difficulty of the 3 tracks.

There 5 loops and a crossing area you will have to get through 3 times.

Loop #1 - one way loop, enter on the right side
Loop #2 - two way loop, can enter from the left or the right
Loop #3 ( Suicide Hill ) - one way loop, enter on the left side
Loop #4 - two way loop, can enter from the left or the right
Loop #5 - one way loop, enter on the right side

There are some signs to help remind you which way you can go. There is a risky shortcut through the trees you can use if get back on the track before you get to the 2 pile of rocks marking the checkpoint. You see a pile of rocks, odds are it marking one end of a checkpoint, don't cheat the rocks or red circle will come on permanently until you go back or reset to pick that checkpoint up.

Suicide Killer Tire - The most difficult of the 3 Sandpit 1 tracks to survive!

There a few killer tires ( 6 ) falling from the sky that want to wreck your car. There a couple of gas bottle rockets that will fire from the sky. There exploding straw bales to move the killer tires around, don't get to close!

Can you make it through the 2 way traffic barn bridge or have go around? Got to get to the valley end and make it up the valley wall so you can swing around, to jump your car back into the valley ( wheee ) to get your lap to count.

Hope I did not scare anybody off from racing this challenging track!!

Loop #1 - two way loop, can enter from the left or the right
Loop #2 - two way loop, can enter from the left or the right
Loop #3 - one way loop, enter on the right side

There is a shortcut, but it tight.

4th track - checkout the surprise suicide track I got permission to add to my Suicide track pack. Thanks ****. :)

( CanyonX - Oval Whip-Around by x-tremest555 )

Let me know how the BugBeer taste. ;) Hopefully the beer will make you survive longer!! Definitely need a tough car for suicide racing, like Dr. Destructo 57 Chevy. My favorite suicide car. :)

Will find a few Daystar weather maps, too. Use the Southern map for Suicide BugBeer run to see the loop signs better.

For more info on my track making, visit this thread: Purple44 custom track WIP page.

A BIG thank you to the community for helping me out with the mod!!!! :D

Zebulon55 - For all the art work. :)
The Very End - For the timers for gas bottle rockets and straw bales and other stuff. :)
Mazay - For the ai route visualizer tool, a big help doing the checkpoints. :)
Daystar - For the custom weather maps. :)
Bugbear - For the in-game track tool that made doing AI routes a lot easier and the Stuntfest track editor I tweak to load a Wreckfest Sandpit 1 track map so I could place objects on BugBeer Run and Killer Tire tracks ( Suicide Sandpit1 I did all by hand ). :D

visualizer tool

Bugbear in-game track tool

Stuntfest track editor

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Re: Suicide Sandpit 1 Track Pack+

The Suicide Sandpit 1 Track Pack+ mod will be hosted today. Space said he would host the 2:00pm pacific, 5:00pm eastern, 10:00pm London time session and I will host the 7:00pm pacific, 10:00pm eastern, 3:00am London time.

Will need these mods to join:

57 Chevy
- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697551062&searchtext=

suicidealley - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773792848&searchtext=

Suicide Pack - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806300441

Need to enable these 3 mods in this order in Mods tab: 57 Chevy, suicidealley, Suicide Pack.

Need a tough car like the 57 Chevy for suicide races if you want to survive! ;)

Suicide racing online start in about 3 hours. See ya there. :D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Hosting Suicide mod in about 30 mins for the US guys. Got get some dinner first.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

I got in a long day of racing the Suicide tracks today. Thanks go out to all the guys that join the Suicide Track Pack hosts today. :D :D

Out of my 3 suicide tracks, the Suicide Killer Tire track was the most popular one. The Suicide BugBeer Run track ( 5 loops ), players did not know the track well, so some got lost.

I did get some video, hope get video uploaded later this week.

Next year, I get started on my figure 8 track pack. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Here part 1 of video I took when we race the Suicide pack online 2 Saturdays ago:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

I'm uploading an update to the Suicide Sandpit 1 Track Pack+ mod today. Got new loading and menu screens from Zeb ( thanks Zeb :D ). And I fix the bad checkpoint on the Suicide Sandpit 1 track. With the Bugbear in-game track tools I could see that one of my checkpoints was off when I did checkpoint by hand back in June.

On the CanyonX Whip Around track where the second turn was iffy sometimes on counting your lap, I redid the second half of the AI sector routes and tried to tweak the second turn checkpoint to count lap 100%. I was unsuccessful at getting this checkpoint, using the loop option in Bagedit, to count laps 100% the time. So after many hours of trying, I finally had to settle leaving checkpoint as a regular checkpoint with the loop option disabled.

But having the loop option disabled causes player car to trigger red circle if enter the second turn the opposite way the AI do, so game thinks you are going backwards on track until you pass through the checkpoint as you come out of second turn. Then the red circle will go away and as you cross finish line, your lap will count. I did a 10 lap race and all 10 laps counted. 100%

I also got Online with Suicide Sandpit 1 Track Pack+ mod part 2 video uploaded to youtube today. You will get see Suicide Sandpit1 track in video and you will see a drive through of the Suicide BugBeer Run track. The one with the 5 loops.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

We getting ready to host the suicde mod in about 4o mins. 6:00pm pacific, 11:00pm eastren and 2:00am London time. Space going do the hosting dutys. :)

Will need these mods to join:

Edit: Space says we need change order of cars loading, so do 57 chevy 1st please:

57 Chevy
- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697551062&searchtext=

Ratfest Car Pack
- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772630901&searchtext=

suicidealley - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773792848&searchtext=

Suicide Pack - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=806300441

Need to enable these 4 mods in this order in Mods tab: 57 Chevy, Ratfest, suicidealley, Suicide Pack.

Need a tough car like the 57 Chevy for suicide races if you want to survive! ;)

Maybe do some bus racing and Monster bug racing tonight?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

I tried today to get my Suicide tracks working with the new June Build that brought a lot of changes to Wreckfest and it a no go. :( From my GoKart Plus thread:

Purple44 said:
Bad news for bringing back the old Sandpit 1 track. :( :(

After getting the old Sandpit 1 track to load, it missing most the track map. :) There was 6 objects I had delete out of the Models section to get track to load. The objects from the Subscenes are not being loaded doing this test.

Here the list of objects crashing Sandpit 1 old version ( tried both the Oct and Dec 2016 track file ):

a01
loft02
loft13
loft97
loft98
loft99

If Bugbear not kind enough to fix these objects to work in new Build, then old Sandpit 1 track is history and so is my Suicide tracks I spent a lot timing modding. :(

Maybe someday I will give it another shot at making a suicide track on the new Sandpit 1 track.

With Gravel 1 and now Sandpit 1 going down in flames, I'm afraid I'm going run into the same problem with Tarmac1 since it a track that as old as the Gravel 1 track. :(

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

I tried today to get my Suicide tracks working with the new June Build that brought a lot of changes to Wreckfest and it a no go. :( From my GoKart Plus thread:

Purple44 said:
Bad news for bringing back the old Sandpit 1 track. :( :(

After getting the old Sandpit 1 track to load, it missing most the track map. :) There was 6 objects I had delete out of the Models section to get track to load. The objects from the Subscenes are not being loaded doing this test.

Here the list of objects crashing Sandpit 1 old version ( tried both the Oct and Dec 2016 track file ):

a01
loft02
loft13
loft97
loft98
loft99

If Bugbear not kind enough to fix these objects to work in new Build, then old Sandpit 1 track is history and so is my Suicide tracks I spent a lot timing modding. :(

Maybe someday I will give it another shot at making a suicide track on the new Sandpit 1 track.

With Gravel 1 and now Sandpit 1 going down in flames, I'm afraid I'm going run into the same problem with old Tarmac 1 since it a track that as old as the Gravel 1 track. :(

Only got to race the Suicide mod online twice. :(

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Now that final version of Wreckfest has been release, I can now start working on getting my Suicide track pack working again and add a new track or 2. :D

Like this Suicide 2 loop track using MarcellusW's large Bugbear icon objects to mark the turn abouts:

Caley19

Hey Purp, I've got an idea for new track on sandpit 1 if you're interested.
Like many of us before I was free-roaming around the map on Sandpit 1 and I wanted to visit especialy this part of the map:

And found out there's a way how to make a fun litle challenging small track out of it,here's a route I come up with:

You've got jumps and sharp, tight corners and some interesting elevation changes. Go ahead and give it a try if you're interested ;)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Thank for post, will give it a look. :D If not a suicide track, I could add it as a regular track to my Gokart Raceway Plus mod. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Took track idea for a spin and I like. :D

I'm thinking I will "encourage" players to take this banked curve. :)

And will turn track idea into a figure 8 track. :D

Click pic to enlarge.

Track has some nice hills for so air. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Here some video of my newest Suicide track, Sandpit 2 Suicide Loop:

Here look at the aisectors:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

The redoing of Suicide Sandpit 1 track to work with final version of Wreckfest is done. The track definitely a little different from my original version. The first part to Hairpin turn the same, part after that, track changed a lot. Now have a 80 degree bank turn to race on. :)

( click pic to enlarge )

Surprisingly, my car and the AI cars don't have much trouble with car wanting to slide down the dirt wall, unless you run into another car. And during the first lap, watch out for a few "surprises" I place around the track.

Here what the aisectors look like:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

I got the redoing of Sandpit 1 Suicide Killer Tire track done last night. :) Now the track called Sandpit 1 Suicide Killer Robbers. Now instead of killer tires, there killer robber heads to watch out for: :eek:

Here a video to show the in and outs of the Sandpit 1 Suicide Killer Robbers. Highly suggest you watch the whole video. ;)

Watchout for them exploding straw bales underneath the track map. You just might end up on top of water tower!! And yes I will have a delayed reset option on when I host the Suicide mod. :p