Super Slide Racer for Android

v1.04 is out:
- One new track: 'Manzo'
- Fixed shortcut from 'OverTheBridge' track
- Added possibility to change language (English and Finnish atm. More to come!)
- Few graphical changes for UI

Try it out! It's free :D

v1.05 is out: (Should be out today when ever Play Store updates)
- Added more languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese (Let us know about translation errors)
- Submitting laptimes follows version numbering (Use latest version to submit)
- You can now 'update' your online laptime (updated if its faster)
- After race there should be 'Fastest Online Laptime' displayed (If network connection is present)
- Fixed shortcut from 'OverTheBridge' track (Now it's really fixed)
- Few graphical changes for UI
- Car might be a bit faster now so let's bust those laptimes!!

Try it!! I would if I were you.. :)

not my type of games, i don't like touchscreen key games... but i could help you for a german translation if you want one. just ask per pm for translations. (mostly google translate will do but not everywhere)

problems/bugs i found in few minutes:
1. buttons sometimes don't react when lagging.
2. changing settings during the race doesn't get saved -> after restart setting reset
3. after a click on "show final results" bots don't get points any more, they finish with 0 although last place would give 3. human cheating, eh? also i noticed that the blue car was called "Mr. Yellow" then, is that supposed to be?
4. and last but not least: no pad support :mad: (for mobile phones like sony xperia play)
doesn't need analogue input, would not be fair for fastest laptimes but maybe the arrow keys for steering and x/o for throttle and break?

WorldofBay said:
not my type of games, i don't like touchscreen key games... but i could help you for a german translation if you want one. just ask per pm for translations. (mostly google translate will do but not everywhere)

problems/bugs i found in few minutes:
1. buttons sometimes don't react when lagging.
2. changing settings during the race doesn't get saved -> after restart setting reset
3. after a click on "show final results" bots don't get points any more, they finish with 0 although last place would give 3. human cheating, eh? also i noticed that the blue car was called "Mr. Yellow" then, is that supposed to be?
4. and last but not least: no pad support :mad: (for mobile phones like sony xperia play)
doesn't need analogue input, would not be fair for fastest laptimes but maybe the arrow keys for steering and x/o for throttle and break?
Cheers for the feedback.

I don't like touchscreen myself too :) I've been thinking of adding bluetooth support for controller but when ever I have time and money to buy some controller I will start adding the support. And could also check on how that sony pad system works..

And thanks for the bug/problem report. Some of those are known and will be fixed in near future :)

As for the translations I would be clad for all the help. All I can offer is your name to be included in credits (in-game).

Cono

I bought original Slicks ’n Slide directly from Timo Kauppinen a long time ago, in the early nineties 8)

Lazosa said:
Good game. Now i have soemthing to play at the university. :p
Heh cheers!
Remember to spread the word if you like the game and remember to give it some stars/review at Google Play Store.

Next update should be up asap in near months. I'm also preparing the FULL version which will contain more tracks and vehicles (Free version is ad-supported but no one clicks them anyways :|)..

-Sami

Aerotactics

sesamiam said:
Lazosa said:
Heh cheers!
Remember to spread the word if you like the game and remember to give it some stars/review at Google Play Store.

Next update should be up asap in near months. I'm also preparing the FULL version which will contain more tracks and vehicles (Free version is ad-supported but no one clicks them anyways :|)..

-Sami
You only get paid if someone clicks the ad? No wonder popular games are full of ads at the worst possible places.

"Oh you want to leave the game? POPUP AD! HA YOU CLICKED IT!"

B

BrianUK

Aerotactics said:
sesamiam said:
Lazosa said:
Heh cheers!

-Sami
You only get paid if someone clicks the ad? No wonder popular games are full of ads at the worst possible places.

I had to change my Gameboy Advance emulator because the one I was using had scrolling adverts which murdered the battery in my Nexus 7, so I could play 2 hours before it died. Once I swapped to the ad-free version (which was actually free itself) I was able to get 5+ hours in...

Aerotactics said:
sesamiam said:
Lazosa said:
Heh cheers!

-Sami

usually, yes. that's not fair as in outdoor or tv commercials you get the money even if nobody ever is affected by it. but it is this way. so if you want to support your favorite free services just click on some ads, let them load in the background and then close them. no need to look at what was actually advertised, just be as unfair as they are. :p

Aerotactics

WorldofBay said:
Aerotactics said:
sesamiam said:
Lazosa said:
Heh cheers!

-Sami

usually, yes. that's not fair as in outdoor or tv commercials you get the money even if nobody ever is affected by it. but it is this way. so if you want to support your favorite free services just click on some ads, let them load in the background and then close them. no need to look at what was actually advertised, just be as unfair as they are. :p
Being unfair is not clicking on them, in my opinion.

Aerotactics said:
WorldofBay said:
Aerotactics said:
sesamiam said:
Lazosa said:
Heh cheers!

-Sami

Yes that's the way it goes. And it's usually something like 1click/10000users so my current rates are kinda low :D
The thing is that I do hate ads in some level myself and this is the reason that I'm using banner cos theres few other people that must hate the ads also. But this way won't bring much clicks anyways and it's not ideal to make pop-up/full screen ad. I'm sure the rest of my few users would disappear..

F!nsku

[SNW]
Full time wrecker
Ok so I played a while and here's my thoughts:
- reseting car on bridge (OverTheBridge track) your car will reset under the bridge
- speeding after finishing looks funny :3 but it's good idea if waiting AIs
- there's one track where all AIs stucks to walls

There's some bugs but it's great. Maps aren't flat and after jumps car will jump. Waiting more laps and maybe more players, 4 is good but 6 could be crazy with small tracks.

Wrote with phone, sry typos. :(

Aerotactics said:
WorldofBay said:
Aerotactics said:

that would be being unfair to the free service provider as they rely on advertisement payments. but clicking on ads with no regard what the ad says makes the ad service pay for no reason which is probably more the way you want.

Finsku said:
- reseting car on bridge (OverTheBridge track) your car will reset under the bridge

There's some bugs but it's great. Maps aren't flat and after jumps car will jump. Waiting more laps and maybe more players, 4 is good but 6 could be crazy with small tracks.

Cheers for the feedback.
Yes that bridge problem is know and is a bit pain in the a** to fix with current reset-system but have to sort it out.

The game basically is 3D so it could be possible to add another camera view but it would require some track work :D Maybe for SSR2 then :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
sesamiam said:
Finsku said:

Cheers for the feedback.
Yes that bridge problem is know and is a bit pain in the a** to fix with current reset-system but have to sort it out.

The game basically is 3D so it could be possible to add another camera view but it would require some track work :D Maybe for SSR2 then :)
Don't know how you do your reset points, I ran into this problem doing custom tracks in Flatout 2 where there was a bridge going over the canal. In Flatout 2, cars reset to the spline points that tell the AI where to go. I had to play around with the spline points near the bridge and get cars to reset back before the bridge.