The Bandit V8 Ripper should be a dlc vehicle

RedgyBenz

I know, it might not sound fair, but try to wrap your head around why we have these cars.

Yeah I paid twice the amount before I ever knew what the backer car was going to be just so I could have it and support this game that didn't get fully released until 4-5 years after I paid. (PC player here) . I also didn't get to try that backer car til 4-5 years after I paid for it. So if you guys are down to wait 4-5 years to get your bandits when you pay double now, I could get on board, but I think we helped pave the way for you guys to have a great game on console! :D

Not that I deserve any credit, but yeah, I paid my dues before I ever saw what the game would be so that it could be supported into being made what it is today for all platforms. And for that, for that investment and research I had done to find out about this beautiful project, I think I deserve to keep my bandit as rare as it is.
but what I don't get is what do you have to pay twice?

Mopower

I just like driving.
but what I don't get is what do you have to pay twice?
Oh I didn't pay twice, I paid double the amount of the base pre-order price.

The game was not a demo or anything when I paid for it several years ago now. We were all guaranteed a unique car for supporting the development of the game and funding it before it was available in steam even as pre-alpha.

That's why people now can't purchase it. They are staying true to their word. I, as a backer, appreciate that.

Last edited:

RacerEks

How about this for a compromise:

Instead of having the current Bandit Ripper V8 (which looks like it came from a Mad Max movie) available to all, how about a 'normal' Dodge Challenger/Plymouth Barracuda? Have a normal body (no huge back tires, no engine poking out from the hood, no spikes, etc...) give it less accelleration but better handling than the Ripper. And of course have race and demo liveries available.

Cegon

How about this for a compromise:

Instead of having the current Bandit Ripper V8 (which looks like it came from a Mad Max movie) available to all, how about a 'normal' Dodge Challenger/Plymouth Barracuda? Have a normal body (no huge back tires, no engine poking out from the hood, no spikes, etc...) give it less accelleration but better handling than the Ripper. And of course have race and demo liveries available.
Isn't that what the "Bandit" is?
"Bandit" = Dodge Challenger with normal ride height, some dents and scratches
"Bandit Ripper V8" = Dodge Challenger with massive rake, rusted panels, mohawk haircut and non-removable Roots blower

I bought the game in april 2018, standard version so I missed out on the regular Bandit. I did buy the Season Pass 1 in september 2019 so I do own the Ripper. If there was a button to trade my Ripper plus half a million credits plus half a million fame points for the regular Bandit I'd be the first to press that button but I completely understand that they can't just re-release the regular Bandit, like, as DLC vehicle, without taking its exclusivity away.