[TOOL] Blender SCNE Importer & Subscene Exporter

Mazay

Blender SCNE Importer & Subscene Exporter

Blender SCNE Importer is successor of Ai route visualizer and imports now routes, checkpoints, startpoints and subscenes straight into the Blender. Everything is done in way to be compatible with the Bgo exporter.

Subscene Exporter is tool to let us place subscenes with ease.

Downloads and more info on my website:
Blender SCNE Importer & Subscene Exporter

Features:

Place subscenes:
File -> Import -> Bugbear Scene as subscene

Save subscenes to .scne file:

File -> Export -> Bugbear Scene

Import track:

File -> Import -> Bugbear Scene

Import subscene bounding boxes to track

File -> Import -> "Bugbear Scene as subscene"
Enable "Update Geometry" checkbox
Import all objects from "data/art/objects". Press A to select all.

Import track with models bounding boxes:

File -> Import -> Bugbear Scene
Enable models checkbox

Export track:

- Get Bgo Exporter to export routes, startpoints and checkpoints
- Use subscene exporter to export subscenes to the same file or copypaste them in place with Bagedit.

What's new:
Importer v0.6.1: Update geometry option

Last edited:

Tattoo

Any chance of doing this for Max? I'm in 2017, atm, as 15 and 16 aren't available any more with the student version.

Someone posted a track with all the Bugbear Props but I don't have the .max files that are referenced in the track. Can these be downloaded from somewhere? They didn't come with the game, unfortunately.

Mazay

Hopefully Bugbear will update their tools to work with later than 3dsmax 2016. It seems like it's not too easy to fix.

Noone does have the original .max files, but what people been doing is make their own placeholder max file with the same name as original to trick max exporter linking the actual .scne file. You can use my Blender tools to generate those placeholders and then export them into 3dsmax.

Bringing my tools into 3dsmax is too much work, but if someone wants to do that, I'll be willing to help :)

Last edited:

Tattoo

Noone does have the original .max files
That's odd because the Bugbear Props mod has reference to them. I just bought the game so I have no idea, as to why I'm wondering. I'm looking thru everything now to see how tracks are made and came across that mod, which seems would be helpful if we had the .max files. Thanks. I'm wondering if I could import into blender, using your tool, then export to .fbx, then import to .max. I'll be trying that when I get a chance, if I'm understanding you tool right.

Does it matter which version of Blender? I have 2.79b, atm.

I don't know enuf to bring your files into max. Sorry.

Last edited:

Mazay

My tools work in Blender 2.79b or older.

And yeah you can export all placeholders to .fbx or .obj from Blender. It's bit of work to create own max file for each one in data/art/objects folder, but once you xref those scene in 3dsmax, during the export into bgo right subscenes get linked. But it's definitely easier with Blender.

Tattoo

But it's definitely easier with Blender.
I'm not a Blender user and fumble thru it whenever I try. I still have to learn the basics to do some stuff. I learned Max instead after coming from AutoCAD. I'll see what's involved and go from there. I'm still reading and studying the example tracks to see what's involved.
Thanks for your work. Am hoping it will help out. Too bad these forums are slow as molasses. I have to keep closing out Chrome and waiting to come back in. The forum hangs a lot. lol

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Thanks Mazay for giving us track modders these tools. :)

For those that like to use the stock Wreckfest tracks to make new custom tracks, I find using the Import track tool, a good way to hunt down objects in the Models section of stock track scne file and delete them. :)