[TOOL] Blender SCNE Importer

Mazay

Blender SCNE Importer

Blender SCNE importer allows you to import vehicles and tracks into Blender. (.scne/.vhcl/.vhcm)
Imports can exported back into Wreckfest using Bgo Exporter.

Limitations in import:
- No material mapping (UV map)
- Only low detail models
- Collision-only models not imported properly
- Subscenes are imported using unofficial spec
- Route direction may change
- Antiportals does not import correctly
- CustomData imports are experimental

Subscene placeholder generation (Import > Bugbear Scne as subscene)
Special import option that combines all imported models into one.
Can be used to place a new subscene or to update placeholders.

Downloads & More info

Features:

Place subscenes: (and generate placeholder)
File -> Import -> Bugbear Scene as subscene
Browse to Wreckfest/data/art/objects and select some files.

Save subscenes to .scne file:
(Latest Bgo Exporter)
File -> Export -> Bugbear Game Object

Import track:

File -> Import -> Bugbear Scene

Export track: (Bgo Exporter)
File -> Export -> Bugbear Game Object

Material mapping, ground model details and some collision models will get lost in imports.

Last edited:

Tattoo

Any chance of doing this for Max? I'm in 2017, atm, as 15 and 16 aren't available any more with the student version.

Someone posted a track with all the Bugbear Props but I don't have the .max files that are referenced in the track. Can these be downloaded from somewhere? They didn't come with the game, unfortunately.

Mazay

Hopefully Bugbear will update their tools to work with later than 3dsmax 2016. It seems like it's not too easy to fix.

Noone does have the original .max files, but what people been doing is make their own placeholder max file with the same name as original to trick max exporter linking the actual .scne file. You can use my Blender tools to generate those placeholders and then export them into 3dsmax.

Bringing my tools into 3dsmax is too much work, but if someone wants to do that, I'll be willing to help :)

Last edited:

Tattoo

Noone does have the original .max files
That's odd because the Bugbear Props mod has reference to them. I just bought the game so I have no idea, as to why I'm wondering. I'm looking thru everything now to see how tracks are made and came across that mod, which seems would be helpful if we had the .max files. Thanks. I'm wondering if I could import into blender, using your tool, then export to .fbx, then import to .max. I'll be trying that when I get a chance, if I'm understanding you tool right.

Does it matter which version of Blender? I have 2.79b, atm.

I don't know enuf to bring your files into max. Sorry.

Last edited:

Mazay

My tools work in Blender 2.79b or older. Edit: now in any quite recent Blender.

And yeah you can export all placeholders to .fbx or .obj from Blender. It's bit of work to create own max file for each one in data/art/objects folder, but once you xref those scene in 3dsmax, during the export into bgo right subscenes get linked. But it's definitely easier with Blender.

Last edited:

Tattoo

But it's definitely easier with Blender.
I'm not a Blender user and fumble thru it whenever I try. I still have to learn the basics to do some stuff. I learned Max instead after coming from AutoCAD. I'll see what's involved and go from there. I'm still reading and studying the example tracks to see what's involved.
Thanks for your work. Am hoping it will help out. Too bad these forums are slow as molasses. I have to keep closing out Chrome and waiting to come back in. The forum hangs a lot. lol

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Thanks Mazay for giving us track modders these tools. :)

For those that like to use the stock Wreckfest tracks to make new custom tracks, I find using the Import track tool, a good way to hunt down objects in the Models section of stock track scne file and delete them. :)

MarcellusW

This is awesome, thanks Mazay.
Now that I can no longer use the student 3ds Max (expired after 3 years), these tools are very welcome.
I do however have a question: Where do I need to put "breckfest.exe" in order to import .scne files and subscenes?
I did read something about that, but cannot find the thread it was in.

Thanks in advance.

Mazay

You're welcome:)

You can actually put Breckfest.exe anywhere, but then you must go in Blender user preferences and in my addons preferences set the path to it.

More info, and manual (that needs rewriting) is behind the link at top ^

Last edited:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
How I get my hands on Blender 2.8? I try to download 2.8 and I get redirected to 2.81.

Having issues now with 2.79, so thought I would install Blender 2.8. And reinstall Import track tool.

Flash

does anyone know why my anti virus is picking up Breckfest .exe as a virus and blocking and deleting upon downloading to my pc?dont want to risk destroying my pc

Mazay

Which antivirus are you using? Endgame and Webroot antivirus show warning for Breckfest.

I downloaded again the Breckfest.exe from Github and it's identical to file I been using long without any problems.

Last edited:

Flash

I did some digging
Virustotal test for Breckfest.exe
Virustotal test for Breckfest.exe compiled by me from source code.
Both show as much detection, my own compile even more. Whatever is triggering detection is already in source codes.
I bet tricks done to compress everything in single .exe is what is triggering false virus detection: https://github.com/Fody/Costura/issues/294

Never heard anyone having problems with Breckfest.
well idk if you say its safe i believe you.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
We been using Breckfest for years and I don't use an anti-virus program on my gaming computer. But I don't surf with that computer. I surf with my old computer and use Avast on it.

Mazay

Updated:
Latest updates bring in subscene placeholder generation.
It's very close of being full map editor now when combined with Bgo Exporter.

Picture from Blender realtime view. Colored parts are subscene placeholders. They can be moved and copied freely and exporter back into Wreckfest with Bgo exporter. Models part show in gray: ground, bridge and some powerlines are for ground reference and imported without materials. Bagedit can be used to copy-paste some edits back into original file.

Last edited: