- New tournament: Winter Fest
- New free reward car: Starbeast SS
- Bug fixes and improvements
As you know, in many parts of the world it's that magical time of the year again that the white powdery stuff covers everything into its blanket. Yes, that's snow! As some of you might remember, a few years back we did a holiday special featuring snow, and since many of you have been hoping to see something similar again, we just couldn't leave you all out cold. So, sure enough winter has arrived in the Valley of Bugbear once again and during this tournament, all tracks are covered with snow! And what's even more fun is that this time we got snowballs too!
That's right: No winter would be complete without glistening snow, slippery roads, and of course, snowball fights! Since we're talking about Wreckfest here, the snowballs in the headlining tournament event "Snowball Run" are of pretty destructive type, and tossing one unleashes a whirlwind of vehicular destruction wrecking anything in its path. Let's see who's going to be the toughest snowball fighter! The sideshow events are keeping it in the spirit as well, with winter themed demolition races, demolition derbies and time attacks guaranteed to offer sideways going, sheet metal tearing wintry fun. Make sure to check them all out because awaiting the top players we have a very special prize: a wicked new tournament reward car Starbeast SS, sure to strike the right chords with the fans of the Early Access version of the car.
Besides, we're always actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback, and thus this release contains a number of additional enhancements and bug fixes. We invite you to check out the release notes below for a complete summary of items fixed or improved upon. As always, thanks for all the feedback!
- New tournament season: Winter Fest.
- New free tournament reward car: Starbeast SS.
- The DLC promotional screen is only shown once per session for each respective DLC.
- (PC) Fixed an issue which caused DualShock and DualSense controllers to not function correctly.
- (XB1) Online features now work correctly after disconnecting the controller before the initial interactive screen.
- (PS4) Game no longer freezes after signing out of PlayStation™Network while in a multiplayer lobby.
- Improved Speedie handling and engine to make it more competitive.
- Small special vehicles no longer take excessive damage even from small shunts.
- Rammer and Roadcutter AI Player setups are now more appropriate for their respective classes.
- The rear spoiler of the Nexus RS "BB Racing" bundle is now parented correctly to the trunk lid.
- Exhausts no longer get distorted after deforming.
- Roof decorations no longer deform wildly.
- Fixed Boomer RS taillight cover glitch.
- Rebel Rat engine audio now plays correctly.
- Fixed an issue with Stellar where clicks in sound would occur when idling in neutral gear.
- Cockpit view audio now includes more low and mid range frequencies.
- Audience sound effects are no longer played during loading screens.
- In the settings, the "Interface Sound Effects" now changes volume of UI sounds independent from the "Effects" volume.
- In the settings, the "Ambiance" volume control now affects all track-side sound sources.