[v0.05] Blender BGO Exporter

sam223

Weeked Smasher
Speedevil said:
Can somebody help me? I downloaded the BGO exporter and installed it but it doesn't show up in my addons. I don't think I've done anything wrong, as I've followed the instructions in the readme. Is there something else I have to do?
using blender 2.77?

Speedevil

Yes, I'm using Blender 2.77. I extracted the files to my addons folder, then I noticed it wasn't in my addon list so I clicked on "install from file", but nothing happened, it still isn't in my addon list.

Speedevil

Nevermind, it works now. I deleted the bgo folder from my addons and put it back in, I guess I did something wrong but I have no idea what it is.

oxygencube

Environment Artist / Level Designer
Dummiesman said:
I realized that I need to snag myself a trial copy of Max in order to see how they have their textures setup there, since it is possible and necessary to mimic in Blender, for their more complex material setups on the tracks.

I've also been busy with a large scale mod for another game,a s well as an unofficial patch project for another (woo x86 asm!).

At some point I'll be getting that trial copy and working on this some more. :)
Was this ever tested or sorted? I'm using a 3DSMax 2016 trial atm and would consider moving to Blender if the exporting of everything is reliable.

LegoVogeL

I'm new to modding but wanted to give it a go. I went ahead and installed Blender 2.77 and the BGO 3 exporter addon. After setting everything up I downloaded the example files and exported the simpletrack.blend to simpletrack.BGO3 (all done inside the mods folder under the right paths). Than I tried to convert bgo3 file to the scne file with the build_asset.bat script but this gives me the following error:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\tools> build_asset.bat "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\example\data\track\simpletrack\simpletrack.BGO3"
Building Scene: c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/bugbear entertainment/mods/example/data/track/simpletrack/simpletrack.bgo3
CommandLine: 
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\tools\bgeometry.exe"
        -v 
        -input "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\example\data\track\simpletrack\simpletrack.BGO3"
        -output "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\example\data\track\simpletrack\simpletrack.scne"
Assert failed! c:\j\workspace\f4online_pc_code\depot\branches\f4online\Library\blib\src\bcore/FileSizeType.h(39): "std::numeric_limits<INT32>::max()>=mValue && std::numeric_limits<INT32>::min()<=mValue"
I tried it with the included bgo3 file first and it worked fine.
Am I missing out something or what is wrong?

Attachments

SkatNMax

Hello,

I want to create some mods for Wreckfest with Blender. So i have made all step to run the exemple.blend car in the game (Blender exemple>BGO3>Buil_Asset....), the result is okay, the car run in game.
But in the car select menu, the exemple car appear and when i pick an other car and repick the exemple car the game shutdown. Sometime i have the message "Vertex buffer out of memory".

I will try tu make model less heavy to see will what happen.

So if anybody have an idea to resolve this porblem. i will take it :D

(sorry for my roughly english)

Mazay

I updated the tools to work with Blender 2.79b:
BGO_Blender_Exporter_005_B2.79.zip - Original
BGO_Blender_Exporter_008_B2.79.zip - Updated with Blendmaps and Subscenes
AIPathGen002_B2.79.zip

Also subscenes can now be added with Blender SCNE Importer:
http://community.bugbeargames.com/threads/tool-blender-scne-importer.11826/

Cheat sheet:

BGO Exporter updates:
v0.08: Fixed heavy slowdown of export with 1000+ models or subscenes.
v0.07: Fixed problem with applying textures from parent folders.
v0.06a: File>Link -subscenes and #xref -style subscenes.
v0.05c: Blend material works.

Last edited:

Mazay

All tools have been updated to Blender 2.83:
BGO_Blender_Exporter_017_B2.8.zip Alpha port by TheSpacebarRider
AIPathGen002_B2.8.zip
Blender SCNE Importer

BGO Exporter materials setup:

Material setup have been rewritten and works now with nodes.
Principled BSDF node brings basic material setup.
Optional Wreckfest converter node brings better realtime shading inside Blender.
To get Wreckfest converter to show up ShaderNodesExtra addon is needed.

Blender 2.79 cheat sheet still applies to Blender 2.8 by most parts. Only material slots have changed.

BGO Exporter updates:
v0.16: Fixed error with empty image slot. Subscene naming fix.
v0.15: Fix heavy slowdown of export with 1000+ models or subscenes.
v0.14: Blender no longer crash when export fail. Bug with transparent materials fixed.
v0.13: Fixed problem with applying textures from parent folders.
v0.12: File>Link -subscenes and #xref -style subscenes. Wreckfest converter MRS slot fixed.
v0.11: Nodes bug fixed

Last edited:

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I just started a new Blender 2.82 on new PC, the other addons install without an error and I see them in the import/export menu. Is there a working blend file for the WF example car?