VOTE: Next Gaming Platform

What's going to be your next gaming platform of choice?

• PC

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • XBox One

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Wii U

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
PS4 for me.

I think Playstation 4 already beat Xbox One.

This sums up the Xbox reveal well:

Xbox One is for average american people, while PS4 is more marketed as the "player's console".
Also PS4 has better specs, they both have 8 gb RAM but PS4 will have superfast GDDR5 ram and Xbox has only DDR3.
On Xbox you can't play used games, once you put the disk in your console, it can't be played with other consoles without paying again. And Xbox requires internet connection every 24 hours, you can't use the console if you haven't been connected in internet for a day.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
In the perfect world I would have a PC, One and PS4. My current PC will probably be able to handle next gen games on medium so that's good enough for me for a few years. There are two reasons I'll choose the One over the PS4.

1) Forza 5
2) Force feedback in both triggers.
2.5) I HATE the PlayStation controller. I've hated it since before X-Box even existed.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Jukka Merikanto said:
What's going to be your next gaming platform of choice?
It will always be the PC. Better eye candy and modding of the games. And I'm willing to pay the extra $$ that it cost over consoles. And I'm not keen on using a pad. Most my PC games involve racing, so got to have a wheel with force feedback.

I built a new gaming computer last year and hope to get 4 years worth of use out of new computer, with an upgrade or 2. Got 4 years of use out of last gaming computer, with CPU upgrade and 3 video card upgrades.

ratchet

Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
Xbox is the less popular system in continental Europe, Sony has been the more popular choice since PS2, also paying for online multiplayer sucks. Most of the fancy features like Netflix and music probably won't be available either at all or with as prominent lineup as the United States. I wouldn't say that Microsoft dropped the ball during the press event, it was for TV anyway. Like Sony, they have E3 to show the new games at.

I'll probably keep on upgrading my gaming PC and eventually get a PlayStation 4 to play with my friends.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Why don't you think Netflix and music will be available for the X-Box One at launch? I'd be shocked if these features were missing. The whole point of the One is to be your one stop place for all forms of entertainment.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Usmovers_02 said:
Why don't you think Netflix and music will be available for the X-Box One at launch?
Because that's how these kinds of things usually go here in Europe..

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
I guess I can't speak for Europe but I definitely expect such features day one in America. I'm curious, why would they be delayed in Europe?

ratchet

Team Bugbear Member
Usmovers_02 said:
I guess I can't speak for Europe but I definitely expect such features day one in America. I'm curious, why would they be delayed in Europe?
Netflix is a service that is available in only few European countries, and licensing would be tricky as it probably couldn't be done for the continent as a whole. Also the TV-guide thing may be useless for those who don't have a set-top box, not deal breaking issues, but the value proposition just isn't as strong due to uncertainty about a subset of the features. Xbox One being extension of your TV experience is a nice concept, but it is realistically going to be fully featured only in the US and maybe Canada.

I know I'm getting everything except the Nintendo stuff. Considering how similar Sony's and Microsoft's consoles are, I'd rather get just one, but I'm sure there's going to be exclusives I can't pass.

John Burning

Create, destroy and dominate!
Team Bugbear Member
I think that PS4 is gonna be better than Xbox, so I'd choose it. Or upgrade my PC.

dbs213

Master Blaster
I voted for PC since...modding FTW! ;D

(RANT BELOW)
The Xbox One is just an extension to TVs that don't have social features. Microsoft doesn't seem to focus on the gaming aspect, which a lot of gamers are concerned of. They just stuffed in "Murican" online services that people outside of American soil (like me) wouldn't dare to give a shit about. Live Sports? I don't give a darn...

Since I don't want to whine too much here, I'm just gonna leave a video link here to further express my view

Gosh I hate online aspects in consoles...

EDIT: After reading what Usmovers said, I think I should just wait for E3 before calling the Xbox a train wreck...

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
I understand peoples concerns about the X-Box One. But we don't know everything about the system yet. The fact is that it has monster specs just like the PS4. What's the point of monster specs if heavy duty rendering isn't the goal? We need to wait until E3 to see the gaming side of the system. Plus the claim 15 exclusive titles in the first year. That's absolutely unheard of and definitely shows commitment to gaming. Of course those could all be kiddie Kinect games so lets wait and see.

dave3d

Full time wrecker
PC
Always has been, always will be.
(well, except for the colleco, atari, and nes, but since then, pc).

K

KingOfTheCakes

I'm not really sold by any of the new consoles... but PS4 seems to be more about gaming over it's rival. I can't believe XB are still continuing with gimmicks like the kinect... let Nintendo do that, at least their's works. Wii U nothing's special either.

I'm most likely going to save up and get another, more advanced laptop or PC. Eventhough I love the Gt and Forza series...

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Not counting the PC after that E3 Ill be going with the X1 hands down. Sony really disappointed me.

LUNITIC_WILL

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
Not counting the PC after that E3 Ill be going with the X1 hands down. Sony really disappointed me.
you kidding right you know that X1 has an online requirement and no used games without a fee also you can't even let your friends borrow your game