VOTE: Next Gaming Platform

What's going to be your next gaming platform of choice?

• PC

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • XBox One

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Wii U

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
And Xbox One is $100 more expensive. There's no reason to go for Xbox.

I believe same that happened to Wii U will happen to Xbox One.. It won't sell good..

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
LUNITIC_WILL said:
Usmovers_02 said:
Not counting the PC after that E3 Ill be going with the X1 hands down. Sony really disappointed me.
you kidding right you know that X1 has an online requirement and no used games without a fee also you can't even let your friends borrow your game
Well, you're wrong on 2 accounts. 1) Used games absolutely are possible. It's completely up to the publisher how it works. There may be a fee, there may not. 2) You can let friends borrow games w/o any kind of fee.

And then there's the fact that I don't buy or sell used games and my friends and I rarely lend our games to each other... because we already have them. Plus I'm already online all the time so thats another non-issue.

X1 has one thing the Wii never had: A solid looking library not just at launch but for the entire 1st year (Sony also has an impressive line up). The X1 and PS4 will be around for years to come. Don't know about the Wii.

And that's not even mentioning the amazing exclusives coming to the console. I'm psyched for the X1 and I fully expect the PS4s library to only get better. It's just a real shame that they're STILL using the dualshock. I cannot stand that controller.

lastday4u

FlatoutUC can now happily RIP #Wreckfest
Team Bugbear Member
I'm sticking to my PS3 no matter what, I've spent hundreds of pounds on games for it and don't want that to go to waste :)
As for NCG, it'll probably be PC for me, or PS3 if it is released onto it.

psychicparrot

Always look both ways before crossing the street.
I will always have my PC for my gaming but the occasional console is fun in the living room.. so, if funds allow then the only console I would consider would be the PS4.

Masterjoc

Full time wrecker
PC is clearly the best.
Every medium PC got quite same Power like nextgen consoles.

Anyway i will buy the PS4 with my bro and will make some parties with it :3

Crashtestdummy

Full time wrecker
pc offcourse, better graphics, costs less to upgrade, previous games like carmageddon are still playable on a new pc...

soon there will be oculus rift to use on it...

are there any upsides for consolegaming? i only see downsides

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Crashtestdummy said:
On console you don't have to worry about your hardware and you know the games will work. Just put it in and play, no configuration and install. And a console lasts many years and no need to upgrade it. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
Crashtestdummy said:
On console you don't have to worry about your hardware and you know the games will work. Just put it in and play, no configuration and install. And a console lasts many years and no need to upgrade it. :)
Hmm, tell that to guys that bought PS3 version of GRID 2. They waited 3 months for the latest patch and some still have problems running GRID 2:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/GRID-2-General-Discussion/Official-Patch-Notes/td-p/273892/page/64

Boff90 wrote:

Message for Loore/anyone who can help: Is there another patch being completed to fix the issues that have been highlighted in the Community Patch Feedback thread? There's quite a few PS3 users inc. myself who are still experiencing the loading screen freeze issue. Any info. would be helpful.:smileyhappy:

And for those PS3 players that got GRID 2 run, GRID 2 can be laggy.

Also PS3 version of GRID 2 seem to have the biggest problem of savegame files going bad.

crashkid3000

Personal Text
Full time wrecker
So, i voted for PS4 because "Next Gaming Platform" will be a PS4 and neither a new PC, nor a XB-One.
I own a PC since 2011 with Win7 and this is enough for me. And why no XB-one? Because me and my brother own a PS2, a PS3 and owned a PSX. And due to the fact that most of my games I will buy will be released on both consoles, I'll continue this "tradition".

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Purple44 said:
RacerBest said:
Crashtestdummy said:
Hmm, tell that to guys that bought PS3 version of GRID 2. They waited 3 months for the latest patch and some still have problems running GRID 2:

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/GRID-2-General-Discussion/Official-Patch-Notes/td-p/273892/page/64

Boff90 wrote:

Message for Loore/anyone who can help: Is there another patch being completed to fix the issues that have been highlighted in the Community Patch Feedback thread? There's quite a few PS3 users inc. myself who are still experiencing the loading screen freeze issue. Any info. would be helpful.:smileyhappy:

And for those PS3 players that got GRID 2 run, GRID 2 can be laggy.

Also PS3 version of GRID 2 seem to have the biggest problem of savegame files going bad.
I did buy GRID2 for PS3 in release, and I experienced this loading screen freezing in singleplayer. But there was a way around it, by deleting a patch that it had and playing without it. After singleplayer was completed, the patch could be downloaded back and then go play online without problems. Never had any savegame problems in GRID2.

NeatNit

Full time wrecker
Looks like I'm the only one to go for Wii U (although I haven't bought one yet, likely will in the next few months). My reasons are that Nintendo is the only one who delivers the kinds of games I like, and I would have very few games if I were to get one of the competitors' consoles. At Nintendo, they seem to care a lot more about customer satisfaction than Sony and Microsoft, and I've never seen a case where I could say money is their only motive. Sure, their specs are not comparable, but I don't care. Graphics are not what I care about. (Although I'll admit, the 3DS really could have used some more power and resolution). Even my PC isn't amazing (by the way, all of you praising PC for better graphics - the PC has both better and worse graphics than consoles. Always).

What people don't seem to notice about Nintendo:
1. Perfect hardware emulation of at least one generation back - can play ALL Wii games without any difference. Same with DS games on 3DS - a feature that was my main reason to buy a 3DS, as I never owned a DS. I am going to take full advantage of this on Wii U.
2. More focused on splitscreen - I just hate it when I visit a friend who has an xbox 360 and a better PC than mine, and the only thing we can play together is CoD and Halo 4. Nintendo console games, in my experience, are more likely to offer same-console multiplayer.
3. Very open about everything - ever read an Iwata Asks article? Or watched a Nintendo Direct? They don't hide anything from you. Nothing they hope you won't notice until only after you buy the game/console.

So I'm going with Nintendo, all the way, with an average-ish PC to back it. And I'm gonna love it.

NeatNit

Full time wrecker
Tontsa said:
PC wins in every aspect.
Except price, convenience... And headaches. You also have to be an expert to know which parts to buy to not have one part (e.g. CPU) as the main bottleneck, totally wasting the money you spent on everything else.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
NeatNit said:
Tontsa said:
PC wins in every aspect.
Except price, convenience... And headaches. You also have to be an expert to know which parts to buy to not have one part (e.g. CPU) as the main bottleneck, totally wasting the money you spent on everything else.
Ya you do need to some homework to build or buy a reliable gaming computer. I use http://www.anandtech.com/ to research what hardware to buy and use newegg.com buyer reviews to steer me away from problem hardware like the AMD 7870 ( to many posts about buyers returning a bad video card ), so I went with a Nvidia 660.

NeatNit

Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
NeatNit said:
Tontsa said:
PC wins in every aspect.
Ya you do need to some homework to build or buy a reliable gaming computer. I use http://www.anandtech.com/ to research what hardware to buy and use newegg.com buyer reviews to steer me away from problem hardware like the AMD 7870 ( to many posts about buyers returning a bad video card ), so I went with a Nvidia 660.
I might just give up and buy a complete computer for my next computer. Sure, it's a lot more expensive, but at least I can be sure I'm going to get the same results other reviewers are getting without being dependent on anything else.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
NeatNit said:
Purple44 said:
NeatNit said:
Tontsa said:
PC wins in every aspect.
I might just give up and buy a complete computer for my next computer. Sure, it's a lot more expensive, but at least I can be sure I'm going to get the same results other reviewers are getting without being dependent on anything else.
I usually look for a video card around $200. I don't buy $300-$500 video cards. Except one time, paid $300 for Nvidia 8800. The $200 video cards in 2008 were old tech, not worth buying for a gaming computer.

If want to save some money on buying a new computer, do some research and see what good video card you can get for around $200, then look for computers with that video card. You don't have to have a top end $2000-$3000 gaming computer to game on the PC. ( unless want to run 3 monitor setup at high resolution with all the eye candy turn on ;) )