Watch Turn10 Bugbear

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
I unexpectedly ended up with an X1 and bought Forza 5 anyways. I'm absolutely loving what is actually in the game. There are many improvements they didn't really talk about for whatever reason. And the new AI is simply brilliant. But Turn10 continues to take missteps on the business side. The micro transactions in this game are simply insane. And to top it off the DLC costs the same as the entire game but only gives you 60 cars and 0 tracks.

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Usmovers_02 said:
I unexpectedly ended up with an X1 and bought Forza 5 anyways. I'm absolutely loving what is actually in the game. There are many improvements they didn't really talk about for whatever reason. And the new AI is simply brilliant. But Turn10 continues to take missteps on the business side. The micro transactions in this game are simply insane. And to top it off the DLC costs the same as the entire game but only gives you 60 cars and 0 tracks.
And the worst thing is that the DLC cars are in the game on day one. :(

Satsuma182

I concur their plans for the car pass and DLC is practically a robbery, in my opinion those cars should be free to use to help bolster the much criticised line up.

They aren't doing themselves any favours with the fans, in a time where developers and publishers (Even EA!) are making it as cheap and easy to transition to next gen as possible Turn 10 leave themselves wide open to the critics.

The only way they can go about redeeming themselves is by releasing a couple of old track complexes as free DLC (Bench mark/Camino) and then having atleast 80% of those DLC cars being completely new highly requested additions to the franchise.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Forza 5, although still way better than that pathetic s*it Gran Turismo 6, is pretty much a rip-off for anybody who owned any other Forza game. I mean hell, it doesn't even have a quarter of the cars, tracks and features the last game in the series did.

If Bugbear listens to the more selfish people around here and their "it doesn't fit in the game" or "nitro makes the tracks suck!" then this is exactly where Next Car Game will end up. But I doubt that's the case.

boothegoopc said:
Turn 10 have been ripping us of for years.
Same can be said about EA. Yet, Forza and NFS both sell like warm bread. Why? Cause you're still buying their f***ing games.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
How is "it doesn't fit in the game" selfish?!? Some things simply don't fit the theme.
Aliens and guns don't fit the theme. But free roam? Nitro? Different times of day? Paint creator for cars? How the f**k are those against the theme?

I agree that some things don't have place in this game, but you people have reached a new level of unreasonable.

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
"You people" are mostly long time fans of BB. NFS style free roam does not fit the theme. Minor in-track free roam does. I have yet to see anyone complain about time of day or car painting. I HAVE seen people say that they understand that such features take time and money to make and would rather see efforts placed elsewhere. The people against nitro have legitimate arguments. I'm sorry you disagree with them. So do I.

Very few people have been unreasonable. Calling people who want features that fit the traditional FO theme "selfish" is pretty unreasonable.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
"You people" are mostly long time fans of BB. NFS style free roam does not fit the theme. Minor in-track free roam does.
Yeah clearly. That's why you're so openly against many features that have already existed in their games. Majatek admitted to following Bugbear since he saw a let's play of the tech demo, which means he was a Bugbear fan only for a few weeks.

I never specified a certain type of free-roam, neither did anybody else for that matter. It's not my fault you've never heard of any other kind of free-roam besides NFS, sorry.

Usmovers_02 said:
I have yet to see anyone complain about time of day or car painting. I HAVE seen people say that they understand that such features take time and money to make and would rather see efforts placed elsewhere.
Yeah except they fail to specify what they'd rather see effort placed into. They are just dismissing features cause they are a bunch of haters, period.

Usmovers_02 said:
The people against nitro have legitimate arguments. I'm sorry you disagree with them. So do I.
Hah, legitimate. That's rich. So far the most popular argument implied that tracks would need to be changed if nitro were to be added. Maybe it's because I've yet to finish college, but I for one see no logic or relation in that. Especially since Flatout 1 is a live testimony which contradicts that.

Usmovers_02 said:
Very few people have been unreasonable. Calling people who want features that fit the traditional FO theme "selfish" is pretty unreasonable.
Really? That's funny, cause I could have sworn that the reason I'm calling you selfish and unreasonable is exactly the opposite. You dismiss features that have been in FO for god knows how long. Ntro, explosions, cars other than junkyard treasures, etc...

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
Okay... please point me to where I dismiss those features. Go ahead... search the entire forum, read everyone of my posts. Have fun.

Eurotrash

Full time wrecker
Usmovers_02 said:
Okay... please point me to where I dismiss those features. Go ahead... search the entire forum, read everyone of my posts. Have fun.
Sure, but first we gotta talk salary...

FURTHEWIN

Team Bugbear Member
the only Forza game I actually bought all the cars for was Horizon, but to be honest one of the cars in the DLC was one I just bought in real life, so I thought what the hell.

anyone who buys new forza game know that they will have to cough out $50 more $ for a completed car list after a few months, whats worse is when you buy one after it has been out a while, you'll see that half the cars in the dealer are DLC.

And then there is forza rewards, which was a kick to the size since my live ran out and could no longer receive them and that you need to buy tokens to complete them.