We're on KICKSTARTER!

Meloditude

I'm a little confused regarding the shipping costs for the boxed versions.

The Kickstarter page says that an additional 15 USD are required for shipment outside the US. Which is a bit strange, considering Bugbear is located in Finland. Doesn't make sense to me that I have to pay an additional 15 USD for shipment inside of Europe, while Americans pay less even though shipping costs are higher.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Meloditude said:

The Kickstarter page says that an additional 15 USD are required for shipment outside the US. Which is a bit strange, considering Bugbear is located in Finland. Doesn't make sense to me that I have to pay an additional 15 USD for shipment inside of Europe, while Americans pay less even though shipping costs are higher.

I'm only guessing, but imagine that altho a finnish studio, they have set up a US based structure that allows them to then go for kickstarter funding.

Bit like amazon do (alledgedly) to avoid paying taxes ;)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Cornkid said:
Meloditude said:

I'm only guessing, but imagine that altho a finnish studio, they have set up a US based structure that allows them to then go for kickstarter funding.

Bit like amazon do (alledgedly) to avoid paying taxes ;)
Hmm, is that how Bugbear got around Finland law?? You might be on to something Corn.

Hey, anybody have $5000 they would like to donate to me so I can get my dream derby pit done, a Volcano derby pit?

Pledge $5,000 or more

0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)

“BUGBEAR TRACK DESIGNER” • GET TO DESIGN A TRACK + TRACK DESIGNER COMMUNITY BADGE ============================== Know how to design a killer derby or race track? Awesome, let’s put it in the game! You’ll first submit a sketch or an idea to us, after which you'll get to work closely with our Level Design team to recreate it in the game.

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Thanks for your support, everyone. We have a really great chance here to make NCG something special, and we're going to be sure to use it!

Siresly
Refunding old preorders would be complicated and also most likely incur additional expenses that would be away from the development of the game, so we're really hoping you guys can hold on until the end of Kickstarter, after which we will arrange you a method to upgrade should you so wish. We're prepared to handle it by hand, case-by-case, if nothing else works out.
I would of gone for the T-shirt option, so hope us that already pre-order will have a way to upgrade later on.

Still worry me that it look like the 3400 pre-orders are not going to get counted in Kickstarter page, so it going to look like NCG Kickstarter is getting off to a slow start, instead the fast start the pre-order got. Hopefully Bugbear being on Kickstarter will help get the news out more and we will see a new surge in interest for the Next Car Game.

Might have to make the $1 pledge so I can post on kickstarter page.

I will do my part and get the word out this weekend. Be sure to checkout the new Kickstarter page even if you have pre-order already, there new details and pics. :D

Next Car Game: A Motorsport With Attitude!

M

Mopower

No way purp, they're going to back $1,000 and gimme my land yacht!!!

Larssya

Full time wrecker
Guys i was wondering if the pre-orders from the original website (BugBear website) were added to the kickstarter campaign.

(Sorry for my high-quality english but hey, I'm not bilingual yet :p)

ExxionNexxion

Team Bugbear Member
Could some items on Kickstarter be available individually at any point? I would love to buy some things like the 3d model without having to pay $160 for that and a lot of what I already have :-\

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Larssya said:
Guys i was wondering if the pre-orders from the original website (BugBear website) were added to the kickstarter campaign.

(Sorry for my high-quality english but hey, I'm not bilingual yet :p)
As of how it stands right now, the 3400 pre-orders ( $100,000? ) are not being counted on Kickstarter page. :( So might be tougher to hit the $350,000 goal.

But there is hope, Carmageddon: Reincarnation got $625,143 pledges from 15,736 backers on it Kickstarter page last year:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/search?utf8=✓&term=carmageddon

If Stainless can do it, Bugbear can. :)

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
RacerBest
We're really sorry and unhappy about the situation. We've been trying to arrange alternative payment methods all the time, but it has proven to be very a difficult and time-consuming process for a single independent entity such as us. That said, I discussed your issue with our CEO, and he suggested that should you still decide to make the Team Member pledge we could send you something little special, and I mean physical. He only wished that you'd keep on spreading the love ;)
What seriously? I am going to get the Team Member pack right now.

You are awesome, where do I give my address? :)

Edit:
I backed 80$, I get the forum badge on December 1st if the Kickstarter is succesful, right?

Teho

Team Bugbear Member
Awesome guys, congrats! And nice news coz I really want that t-shirt 8)
I hope you have XS sizes!

Cleygan

Full time wrecker
Hello,

I remembered that the $10,000 online goal wasn't a condition for the released. Only a sneak peak release condition.
Does Kickstarter cowdfunding means that if $350,000 are not reached the game won't be released ?

nejcmusic

Weeked Smasher
FINNALY! Been lurking over this site for months and now i get a a set date for the sneak peek. 350.000$ sounds like a lot for 30 days but i am keeping my fingers crossed for this great series. Hope to see y'all on the race track soon. :)

Wiedidog

Weeked Smasher
Hey Bugbear, i have a question. I pre-ordered NCG Weekend Smasher and on the website it says i will get the sneek peak, early access and the full game. Now i am looking at kickstarter and there it says i only will get the sneek peak and the full game. NOT early access.

So i will not get early access? :'( PLS ANSWER ME, cause i thought i will get early acces too...

Comrade Suhov

Team Bugbear Member
I'll patiently wait for upgrade options, especially the game physical box. (Althrough I hope they will pack physcal goods well. Post of Russia... Meh...)

Lyssavirus

Wiedidog said:
Hey Bugbear, i have a question. I pre-ordered NCG Weekend Smasher and on the website it says i will get the sneek peak, early access and the full game. Now i am looking at kickstarter and there it says i only will get the sneek peak and the full game. NOT early access.

So i will not get early access? :'( PLS ANSWER ME, cause i thought i will get early acces too...
Weekend Smasher has early access. Look carefully at the chart.