We're on KICKSTARTER!

KazzyMac

Unce Unce Wub-wub-wub
Team Bugbear Member
igoruxa9c1 said:
Hello everyone!

What is SnakePeak demo? What is waiting us in the demo?
Sneak Peak is essentially a pre-alpha 'proof of concept' demo, which'll allow us to see and play the game in a simple form (probably such as having only two cars/tracks for us to test, I don't know), so we can play the game and test its physics and handling and get an idea for it.

I can't say for certain what exactly will be in the sneak peek, but it'll be just that - it'll give us some cars, some tracks, and allow us to test the game for ourselves. December is going to be a good month, that's for certain. :D

Wiedidog

Weeked Smasher
igoruxa9c1 said:
Hello everyone!

What is SnakePeak demo? What is waiting us in the demo?
Maybe something like the BeamNG demo or it could be a little part of the game with 2 races and 1 car. But i want to be surprised. ;D

Comrade Suhov

Team Bugbear Member
Bugbear,
What about extra add-ons? If you introduce add-ons to Kickstarter project for the extra money, will it be possible to current pledges to select 1$ tier and then add funds for the add-on they want.

For instance, I'm a Team Bugbear (70$, now it's 80$) but I want a t-shirt and a dvd-box. So, I'll go to Kickstarter and select for 1$ tier, but I'll pledge for, let's say... 40$ +15$ delivery of these good. Or for extra 17$ to recieve an extra Early Access copy for my friend?

I think it's may be useful and will boost KS campaign to it's funding goal and beyond.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Lyssavirus said:
Wiedidog said:
Hey Bugbear, i have a question. I pre-ordered NCG Weekend Smasher and on the website it says i will get the sneek peak, early access and the full game. Now i am looking at kickstarter and there it says i only will get the sneek peak and the full game. NOT early access.

So i will not get early access? :'( PLS ANSWER ME, cause i thought i will get early acces too...
Weekend Smasher has early access. Look carefully at the chart.
Weekend Smasher is $30 now on Kickstarter page, not $20 like it was on pre-order page. That maybe what causing your confusion Wiedidog. ;)

Wiedidog

Weeked Smasher
Purple44 said:
Lyssavirus said:
Wiedidog said:
Hey Bugbear, i have a question. I pre-ordered NCG Weekend Smasher and on the website it says i will get the sneek peak, early access and the full game. Now i am looking at kickstarter and there it says i only will get the sneek peak and the full game. NOT early access.

So i will not get early access? :'( PLS ANSWER ME, cause i thought i will get early acces too...
Weekend Smasher has early access. Look carefully at the chart.
Weekend Smasher is $30 now on Kickstarter page, not $20 like it was on pre-order page. That maybe what causing your confusion Wiedidog. ;)
Haha, yes :). But now everything is ok and i can enjoy my tea. :D

T0MMY388

Full time wrecker
Bugbear, is it possible to have a full 1 minute of gameplay video from the players perspective? This will definitely help promote the game and give the people an idea of what they are getting. Most people dont really like or trust a video from a more cinematic or replay like perspective. Might need to put a "pre-alpha" or "work in progress" tag at the corner of the video.

Wiedidog

Weeked Smasher
1 day is over and we have 8k now. That´s just so awesome. I mean the people seem to love it very much and after a few days we will get the sneek peak. Just can´wait! :D

SpeedDevil

Team Bugbear Member
Hmmmm, there's a reward there that I would love to be eligible to obtain but I've already pre-ordered through the website. :/ I don't think it's possible to pay the difference? XD

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Wiedidog said:
1 day is over and we have 8k now. That´s just so awesome. I mean the people seem to love it very much and after a few days we will get the sneek peak. Just can´wait! :D
But to get 350k in 30 days, Bugbear should get over 10 000 $ every day. ::)

NeatNit

Full time wrecker
I've said it many times before... Bugbear needs publicity. Nothing more nothing less. Kickstarter alone doesn't get that much publicity!

Bugbear seemed to know this, but now I'm not so sure. They've said that they need to send playable builds to some publications and popular youtube channels... Well now's the time to do that. This kickstarter's not gonna succeed without a LOT of publicity.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
SpeedDevil said:
Hmmmm, there's a reward there that I would love to be eligible to obtain but I've already pre-ordered through the website. :/ I don't think it's possible to pay the difference? XD
I want to upgrade to the t-shirt offer.

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Thanks for your support, everyone. We have a really great chance here to make NCG something special, and we're going to be sure to use it!

Siresly
Refunding old preorders would be complicated and also most likely incur additional expenses that would be away from the development of the game, so we're really hoping you guys can hold on until the end of Kickstarter, after which we will arrange you a method to upgrade should you so wish. We're prepared to handle it by hand, case-by-case, if nothing else works out.

Wiedidog

Weeked Smasher
RacerBest said:
Wiedidog said:
Yeah, thats´s actually sad. :'( But we can still hope, right? ;)

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
Wiedidog said:
RacerBest said:
Wiedidog said:
Yes of course we can. :) Many people might not have even heard of the Kickstarter yet as it has been about 24 hours on only, maybe more people and gaming sites will found out and there will be more backers.
Let's hope the best for Bugbear and spread the word.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
RacerBest said:
Wiedidog said:
RacerBest said:
Wiedidog said:
Yes of course we can. :) Many people might not have even heard of the Kickstarter yet as it has been about 24 hours on only, maybe more people and gaming sites will found out and there will be more backers.
I posted in 8 game forums this morning about new Kickstarter. Got to do a news post for our FOJ Moddb web page later today. I put a lot the pics on the Kickstarter page into my post. But one site only allow 4 pics, so had to drop 7 pics. :(

Wiedidog

Weeked Smasher
RacerBest said:
Wiedidog said:
RacerBest said:
Wiedidog said:
Now we have 9k. I think it is possible. :) IT. IS. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. :eek:

FeltHat

to anyone from bugbear:
im just curious but wouldnt it be better to release game as steam early access instead of doin kickstarter since game is almost ready for some early stage?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
FeltHat said:
to anyone from bugbear:
im just curious but wouldnt it be better to release game as steam early access instead of doin kickstarter since game is almost ready for some early stage?
Next Car Game going get release on Steam, NCG got Greenlighted. Bugbear waiting for alpha version ( early access version ) is ready before Next Car Game goes live on Steam. Hopefully before Christmas and with a official name.

Eggtooth

Weeked Smasher
I will still get the sneak peek when i have pre-ordered it for 30$ on the site before kickstarter?

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Eggtooth said:
I will still get the sneak peek when i have pre-ordered it for 30$ on the site before kickstarter?
I guess we do get it, as it was promised. Atleast I hope so..