What's with all the spam ads lately?

RacerEks

I notice a lot of spam/scam ads in the forums lately. All in broken english (some worse than others). There used not to be any.

You may have to introduce some form of 'I am not a robot' thingy when people register.

RacerEks

Each ones seems to be from a different user, so you can't just ban someone.

Maybe the moderators of the forums could set any message with a web link be automatically deleted/rejected unless the user is above a certain rank.

It seems to be getting worse.

An extreme solution would be to prohibit any new members from joining. At least until the spammers go somewhere else.

RacerEks

The Spammers/Scammers are back (I guess they don't take Christmas off)

I don't know how many new (non scammer) members you guys get a day. Would banning all new members from posting until you can personally verify that they are not spammers be feasible? Or a new members first post or two be inspected by a human before it actually shows in the forums?

Konan

Staff member
Full time wrecker
There's an average of about 10 a day, with peaks of 15 or more...
Having to check those before admitting is very time consuming, i check multiple times a day (depending on the time i have) and delete those reported and those in the "new posts" section.
Mods cannot alter anything to the way new users subscribe AFAIK. But Janne is aware of the issue and we are trying to find a solution...

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Thanks Konan for helping clean up the Forum from the spam. I report spam posts when I see them.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Hmmm, I believe we went all weekend and had no spam? At least I did not report any spam. Has Bugbear found way stop the spammers?