What's you favourite car?

John Burning

Create, destroy and dominate!
Team Bugbear Member
I really like the Blocker because it looks like russian Lada 2106 (my grandfather got one)!
So, what's your favourite car in the first FO? :D

M

Mopower

I didn't play the first flatout. :( Starting to wish I had

GoldenApe

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
:eek:
You can get it on Steam for 7 euros or something, so drink a few pints less in the pub and go get it!
[Edit] No WAIT! I just remembered I have an extra copy of Flatout to give away on Steam (I bought the Flatout collection while already owning FO1), so if you have Steam, add me to your friends list and I'll gift you a copy of FO1! My steam name is: GoldenApe

Trasher, btw. Great balance between speed, handling and ruggedness.

M

Mopower

GoldenApe said:
Mopower said:
:eek:
You can get it on Steam for 7 euros or something, so drink a few pints less in the pub and go get it!
[Edit] No WAIT! I just remembered I have an extra copy of Flatout to give away on Steam (I bought the Flatout collection while already owning FO1), so if you have Steam, add me to your friends list and I'll gift you a copy of FO1! My steam name is: GoldenApe

Trasher, btw. Great balance between speed, handling and ruggedness.
WINGO!! Sounds good man, I have added you. My account name is CommanderCool67. My gamer tag is Seabass

GoldenApe

Team Bugbear Member
Ok, if I did everything correctly, you should be getting the FO gift card right now. Enjoy!

M

Mopower

GoldenApe said:
Ok, if I did everything correctly, you should be getting the FO gift card right now. Enjoy!
I did! Thanks man. I'll have to practice before I can race with you guys online though. My car leaves tracks like this ~~~~~~ Eveyone else goes like this --------------

69Imperial

fuk tha mods #yolo #smdmajatek
Master Blaster
Mopower said:
GoldenApe said:
I did! Thanks man. I'll have to practice before I can race with you guys online though. My car leaves tracks like this ~~~~~~ Eveyone else goes like this --------------
You have Steam? Sweet! I sent you a friend request, i'm RoyalMonaco76.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
GoldenApe said:
Steam Flatout 1 will need some patching to go online, since stock v1.0 Flatout 1 can only do LAN multiplayer. There FOv2 mod and FOv3 mod for Flatout 1 that will make Flatout ready for online along with Flatoutnet.

Would give you some links to FOJ, but FOJ is down. But can check this site, err and the gang still race Flatout 1, but watch out, their pretty good at it:

http://fo-online.net/

Maybe one these Saturdays I should throw up a host and we could do some racing on Heddly's asphalt tracks and do some derby in the Bugbear Arena derby pit.

Edit: Read this Bugbear thread to learn more about FOv2 and FOv3 mods if you have not already:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?topic=334.0

M

Mopower

Purple44 said:
Mopower said:
GoldenApe said:
Steam Flatout 1 will need some patching to go online, since stock v1.0 Flatout 1 can only do LAN multiplayer. There FOv2 mod and FOv3 mod for Flatout 1 that will make Flatout ready for online along with Flatoutnet.

Would give you some links to FOJ, but FOJ is down. But can check this site, err and the gang still race Flatout 1, but watch out, their pretty good at it:

http://fo-online.net/

Maybe one these Saturdays I should throw up a host and we could do some racing on Heddly's asphalt tracks and do some derby in the Bugbear Arena derby pit.

Edit: Read this Bugbear thread to learn more about FOv2 and FOv3 mods if you have not already:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?topic=334.0
When I try to install the FOv3 mod, I have an error. This is at the point where I have to select the location of the folder and where to install FOv3 patch. Says something about not having it in the game folder.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
When I try to install the FOv3 mod, I have an error. This is at the point where I have to select the location of the folder and where to install FOv3 patch. Says something about not having it in the game folder.
The original FOv3 mod unpacked your Flatout 1 files, took the track files it need to make the new track bfs files. This kept the FOv3 mod at 200 MB download. Back in 2006, that was a big file to download and took awhile.

Have you downloaded Heddly's gold edition? It already to go, just copy the files over:

FOJ Community FOV3 Mod (GOLD Edition) Update V2

M

Mopower

So far, it's the trasher, but I haven't finished gold yet.

This may have something to do with it.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
So far, it's the trasher, but I haven't finished gold yet.

This may have something to do with it.
In respones to end of video:

Need to learn some shortcuts, to keep up with err and the guys. ;)

Flatout 1 and 2 full of shortcuts. Got be careful taking shortcuts in Flatout 1, some good shortcuts will give you the red reset arrow. If game allow you the shortcut, red arrow will disappear when you do a full lap and are back to where you took shortcut. If game thinks you cheated the track, lap won't count.

Also beware of resetting your car in Flatout 1 and you have the red arrow, if you reset your car, game will reset you back to where you triggered the red reset arrow. The price you pay for cheating the track for a good shortcut.

I learn the trick to why the red arrow shortcut works and don't work when I use Pav's track editor for Flatout. It the checkpoints. You can check the track as long as you get back on to the track before the next checkpoint. If your shortcut causes you to miss a checkpoint, then lap won't count until you pass through checkpoint you miss.

Keeping this in mind, I use enough checkpoints for my customs tracks to stop players from cheating\short-cutting my track, unless I want them to. I also prefer to put checkpoints on top of solid objects that don't move.

M

Mopower

Yeah, I just started playing a week ago, so I'm not the best at picking up shortcuts yet.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Mopower said:
Yeah, I just started playing a week ago, so I'm not the best at picking up shortcuts yet.
Online a good place to learn the good shortcuts. After a year racing Flatout 1 online, I was still learning a few new shortcuts when following someone and see them use a shortcut I have not tried before.

M

Mopower

Purple44 said:
Mopower said:
Online a good place to learn the good shortcuts. After a year racing Flatout 1 online, I was still learning a few new shortcuts when following someone and see them use a shortcut I have not tried before.
Right on, well let me know when you guys are having your tournies and I'll come play with ya'll

M

Mopower

Have a new-found love for the ranker. This car is awesome in the derbies! Heavy, but kind of small, yet powerful. Pure awesome