WIP download page for the Figure 8 track pack

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Zebulon55 said:
first concept is purple(25 crossings, 8 spirals - that's why it's sick. ;D)
revised concept (4 spirals) is grey on green.
What, this "sick" track came from your warp mind, I just told you I think I could make it. :p

Definitely a very interesting track design!! :D

Henelol | FIN said:
So I came here to follow your progress :)
Hi Hene and thanks for the good track idea. I thing I will really, really like this figure 8 track when it done. :D

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Purple44 said:
What, this "sick" track came from your warp mind, I just told you I think I could make it. :p
Thanks. I guess.

Purple44 said:
Definitely a very interesting track design!! :D
Well, imagine cars carefully navigating the spirals, who will they meet at the intersections, another careful driver, or some A$$h0le @ speed (not naming names here) with a Rammer and attitude?

Even better if the spirals are on a hill. Go slow on the long straight, and you have to cross 8 spiral intersections, but if you go fast, the rise of the hill allows you to get air and fly safely over the 4 intersections on the other side. 8) Unless you hit something at one of the first four intersections and lose your momentum. :eek: :'(

Maybe you've almost made it thru the spirals, and get whacked back to the outer spiral by some devil-may-care wrecker. Work your way back around the spirals, or take the possibly dangerous straight back to the next checkpoint? The choice is yours. ;D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
New track idea: Safe or Danger track. Come to fork in track, blue arrow points to safer, but longer route, red arrow points to shorter, but more dangerous route. Like in this pick below:

Purple route the safer route, but will take more time. In the blue route, I could place a spinner in the middle of the first half of route and a second spinner in the middle of the second half of route. Spinner would rotate to about a 45 degree angle, ever few seconds. So have to time it just right get pass the spinners without getting hit by the spinner.

Other dangers:

2. Danger route goes along the top of rock cliff on new version of Sandpit 1, there spinner that slowly rotates across the track, blocking your way. You can see the spinner rotating, can you make it pass the spinner before it knock you over the cliff?

3. Killer tires. Danger route track you through a route cover in grass. Up above there a set of tires with couple of killer tires mixed in ( think of Killer Tire Suicide track I did ), straw bale explodes dropping the tires into the tall grass. Where are the 2 killer tires.

4. The gauntlet ( think Clint Eastwood movie ), watch out for spinner land sharks. ( from Cops and Robbers mod )

5. Now if I could get someone make me a rock that tumbles, like we saw in Flatout 2, I could make a danger zone of tumbling rocks.

You guys have any suggestions for a danger zone?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Now that my gokart track mod be fix and reuploaded, I can now get back to making figure 8 tracks. :D

In working on the the GoKart Plus mod, I was able to load the old Tarmac 1 track. So now I want do a figure 8 track using the Tarmac 1 track:

Also while working on the GoKart Plus mod, I did this Oval 1 Long Figure 8 track. This track will get added to the fig8 pack:

Purple44 said:
I finish up tonight, the Oval 1 Figure 8 Long custom track that I tested Saturday night online with Zeb and Space ( sorry guys, no explosions > there 1 explosion now ). Idea started out like this:

Track ended up like this: :)

Here some video I took. First part of video I use a free cam to show you the AI. Second part is me racing the track and third part is the replay using spherical cam.

Decisions, decisions? Do I go left and squeeze between the 2 barriers or take jump ramp to the right? With a 4 wide start, 4 cars not going fit to the left or right!! ;)

As you come around the oval to pit row ( and survive not getting hit by someone doing the second loop ), do I go left and open myself to getting T-bone from someone taking the jump ramp? Or do I take jump ramp and time it to hit the guy in front of me that decided to take the left route? :D You know what I would do!!! :p

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Here a pic of the new fig8 track I'm working on ( 3 round-a-bouts and a crossing with the derby ramps ):

The idea behind this track is I wanted to be able to jump my car from one derby ramp to the the other derby ramp. The idea not working as well I would like. My AM 5 like to bounce to much off the landing, rolling the car or nose dives into ramp stopping the car. I have rotated the ramps a bit to help with landings. I tried some other cars to find one that has better landings on the derby ramp. With the Euro 3, I had my best luck of getting a ok landing.

When I get the AI working, will do up a video.

Zebulon55

ZeBBy
Master Blaster
Purple44 said:
Here some video of my newest figure 8 track in action:

Looks kind of hard on your car. Good thing that you get a new one each race. ????

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Got new Gravel Fig8 track done yesterday. This was a track idea I got from Zeb, using the inside of Gravel track for a fig8 track. I was working on this track placing objects and had stop when Janne warn there be issues with custom tracks running on the June Build. So I held off finishing this track and took a break from track making in June.

This is an off road figure 8 track with bumps. :D

There 5 crossings.

There are some arrows to help point the way.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
In testing out the Nevada Depot Fig8 track, I ended up taking a ride on a flat rail car. :eek:

Be warned, you going to want soft or standard suspension to get over the railroad tracks. With stiff suspension ( car low to the ground ), my car was getting stuck trying to cross the tracks.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Here a look of the layout of the Nevada Depot Fig8 track. Track to big to take a pic from above, so here a visualizer pic:

There 1 loop hairpin you can take from the right or from the left. And two suicide sections ( 2 way traffic ).

In one test race with 23 AI, only 3 AI completed 2 whole laps. The trains are tough on the AI, they don't brake for trains! Can end up half way down the track! :eek:

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Ran into a couple of bugs trying to finish up the Nevada Depot Fig8 track. After getting the AI sectors and checkpoints done, I started loading 23 AI and testing the track and was surprise to see my car was being wrecked before I was done with first lap! :eek:

Posting conversation I had with Devils Shadow to save me some typing:

[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: testing? what mods needed?
Purple44: hi testing a bug with the nevada depot track, to many cars, can not surive first lap, just survie with 6 cars, now try 9, 12 cars I did not surive first lap
Purple44: but this might be a bug game wide maybe
Purple44: does this happen on other tracks? but not many tracks with a lot jump landings like thios track
[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: on the mod cars?
Purple44: just using stock cars, had done most testing with just 1 car, now got AI sectors done, been testing with 24 cars and all a sudden last night I can't finiish first lap!!
[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: hmmm
Purple44: 0 cars made a 1 1\3 laps :( with my custom damage file, now test stock see if see same problem
[ ASSASSIN ] Devils Shadow #13A: wow
Purple44: stock damage file, with 3 players, no bug going on, car lasted 2 2\3 laps. which expected with stock damage file, cars not tough enough. with 9 cars, car was wrecked in less than a lap. So I thinking either it a bug with End's track some how, but why don't bug happen with 6 or less cars? or there a game bug we have not notice yet, since WF don't have extreme tracks like my track?
Purple44: will have see if I make a damge file that make cars almost indestucable, see if that get me past this bug

After a bunch of testing and narrowing the problem to my Nevada Depot Fig8 track ( other tracks were fine ), I ended up deleting End's moving ramp objects and problem with damage file and 9-24 cars went away.

Now have End's speed bumps replacing the moving ramps.

I don't know why the moving ramp object was causing problems.

After figuring out that bug, I notice another bug, I was not triggering the red circle any more when cheating a checkpoint as I check my checkpoints! Red circle goes away after I got car back on the track route. I found out my last checkpoint was causing the problem. Deleted last checkpoint and red circle would work normal again.

After studying my visualizer pic, I notice last checkpoint was in the last AI sector. I move checkpoint to different AI sector and problem solved. :)

Like to thank End for the yellow arrow object. :D I think the yellow arrows will help out a lot on keeping the guys going the right way. :D

I hope to have an update to the Fig8 Pack sometime Friday. Give you guys a chance test the Nevada Depot Fig8 track and find where I put them 4 gas bottle rockets before Saturday Night Mods night get here.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Here video of the Nevada Depot Fig8 track. Give you an idea how the track goes. I did have a bug recording video last night. When I had 23 AI, the 2 trains ran fast. I cut AI down to 7 and then the trains run at normal speed. Today with a fresh boot of computer, trains ran normal speed with 23 AI. Guess computer been running to long last night, along with Bagedit.

Trains and railroad tracks, not a good mix for AI. I think AI like use stiff suspension, so can have trouble getting over railroad tracks. And AI don't believe in braking for trains!! :p

I did use the AI race line to steer the AI to use the ramps to help get over the tracks and jump the trains.

Also getting ready to update Figure 8 Track Pack - P44 mod tonight with the addition of the Nevada Depot Fig8 track and End's Warehouse Derby from the The Very TrackPack.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Got do some testing online with Royce, mutley, Trabb and swan_electro. Nevada Depot Fig8 work fine online, except don't think the trains were in sync with all players, Got reports of players getting hit with invisible train. :eek:

Move on to trying out the other tracks. After crashing my game for 4th time, I called it quits. Not sure if it was the mod or my computer needed rebooting or both. 3 the crashes were in middle of a race, one was on a track change in the lobby.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Going try this week and see if I can find out why some the tracks in the fig 8 mod are so unstable, crashing the game.

I did not get to all the fig 8 track ideas that got posted, will try get some more done next year. Next project, need to get the Cops and Robbers mod fixed for the New Years Days 2018 event.

But do have a new idea for the Nevada Depot track:

I'm thinking of removing most objects, but keep the trains and tracks. The suicide warehouse and warehouse at far end of track. Put some ramps down to jump the tracks when crossing, just need worry about getting hit by a train.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I updated fig8 mod with some bug fixes today and added a train crossing sign from Zeb and some cool weather maps from Daystar. :D

Change notes:

1. Fix bugs that causes tracks Oval 1 long Figure 8 and Figure 8 Derby Ramp Jump to crash my host when I go to switch to one these tracks in the online menu.

Go here for the details about fixes: Why 2 of my Fig8 tracks crash online when switching to them?

2. Added billboard train crossing sign to the Nevada Depot track. Thanks Zeb for new sign. :)

3. Added some of Daystar cool weather maps. :)

Colorado
French Alpes
Hensler Mountains
Hot Desert
Mountains
Pink Sunset
Rockland
Star Gaze
UK Fog