Wrecknado Tournament Update & Reckless Car Pack!

METE0R

To be honest, the new track is pretty unique compared to the ones we already have.

But that's really beside the point, I think. We like to listen to the player feedback and try to keep our finger on the pulse of our player base so to speak to know what kind of content is wished for, and while it's naturally impossible to please everyone all the time, we try to keep it fair and add tracks that are varied in nature to cater to as many players as we can. So, some of them are more geared towards racing, like Eagles Peak was, while others are more tailored for wrecking, like Wrecknado. We feel like that's one unique aspect to Wreckfest, that it can work for many different types of players and gameplay.

And sure enough, the next new track will be something else again.
Here I agree with you, you cannot please everyone at once. Until the summer I will try to close the session and already start making mod maps in order to be able to please myself. You always add cool cars (there are exceptions when of course, but you can count them on your fingers), so here I am calm :) But by entering presets for cars, you will delight everyone, believe me, that screenshot is not the only proof that presets are needed by everyone. At the expense of racing karts I agree, not everyone comes to drive.

Chefkoch

Hi there!
I like the the new Wrecknado track very much, but is it possible to have the full track as a Destruction Derby? Why is that just the middle?
Also for example Bonebreaker Valley would be great as a Destruction Derby! I can remember that those tracks were possible as Destruction Derby in Flatout 2
This would be awesome if its possible!

csivers

A wonderful update, everything is cool and I like everything, but why another 8-shaped track?
For an obvious reason: Time and lack of resources! Eight or oval shaped tracks are faster to design and implement, compared to a original tracks. Dev team have also bugs to fix (I finally understood some of them will never been fixed unfirtuantely). Moreover, I guess that most of the staff is working on the new game so less people for Wreckfest.. They can't be everywhere and do everything, they are just humans :)

Also, the more they give to us, the more we want and the more we get picky and demanding..

METE0R

For an obvious reason: Time and lack of resources! Eight or oval shaped tracks are faster to design and implement, compared to a original tracks. Dev team have also bugs to fix (I finally understood some of them will never been fixed unfirtuantely). Moreover, I guess that most of the staff is working on the new game so less people for Wreckfest.. They can't be everywhere and do everything, they are just humans :)

Also, the more they give to us, the more we want and the more we get picky and demanding..
It's just that for the last 3 seasons, only eight-shaped maps have been added to the game, and this is a bias in order to please the audience who loves derby and clashes more. And I'm from that half that plays for the sake of racing and drifting in cars and jeeps with original details and without armor. Therefore, I am saddened by the fact that new maps are coming out, and without serious collisions, you cannot ride new maps, and all friends from my server repeat the same thing as me.
I completely agree that developers are not robots and it is difficult for them. I even agreed about the tracks that mods can solve this. But if they switch to another project, then the old one should be left in a form that is convenient for use, so as not to raise questions from potential fans, why they did not do it so that it was convenient, or didn’t bring it to mind. StuntFest is of course interesting, but these are just mini-games. I scared a couple of days with my friends and forgot. Even if there is online, it will be only if they add a workshop for it, and then online will be low, because not everyone will like it for a constant game. I believe that if you do mini-games with a driver's flight, then they should be in the wreckfest.
I grew up with their games, and from experience I can say that the most interesting were the races with good physics of damage and derby in the last live mode. Games with driver throwing were certainly interesting to play, but not for long. I hope that the developers will continue to support the wreckfest, at least adding new cars, even if it is the Season Pass, I will buy them all. Wrekfest has the most potential, and it can be continued to develop, and there is room for development. As for StuntFest, I'm not sure if it will shoot, but I'm ready to buy it, although I'll play for about 2 hours. I may be wrong, and StuntFest will be a great success, but huge doubts take me.

timmy76

Full time wrecker
I really enjoy the stepvan, I just find it abit odd that its hidden behind the special vehicles class with no extra engine or armour upgrades.
Its on the same level as the vandal yet its forced to have less upgrades. Hopefully that'll changed later down the line because its such a fun vehicle.

Before anyone asks this is a topic me n a group of friends share about the stepvan.

Cegon

For an obvious reason: Time and lack of resources! Eight or oval shaped tracks are faster to design and implement, compared to a original tracks.
I have 100% understanding for this, but the snow versions of existing tracks are already there. The disappointment I expressed in my last post was because after snow Tournament season me and my friends expected the snow tracks to be released for multiplayer in the current update since, the way we perceived it, the snow tracks are already in the game files complete with working AI.

Also - correct me if I'm wrong - I remember reading somewhere that one of the tracks from The Very End (the person who makes The Very Track Pack) has already been implemented as an official track and I hope we can get more tracks from The Very End.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I still hoping this Knobhill track that in The Very TrackPack #1 get added to stock Wreckfest. :)

METE0R

I still hoping this Knobhill track that in The Very TrackPack #1 get added to stock Wreckfest. :)

As for me, the best maps are Farmlands and TVTP Misc, they are very similar in appearance and surroundings to the maps from the 1st part of FlatOut, and there is also where to ride. I would ride such cards with my friends and break records with absolute pleasure!

Cegon

Something I'd like to add...

• Improved Rocket RX handling.
Earlier today I managed to beat my previous personal best laps on some variants of Drytown, Northfolk, Savolax and Vale Falls using the buffed Rocket RX. Some of those previous personal bests were Super Venom laptimes. Really happy with how you changed the Rocket RX, always happy to see the pool of competitive cars grow.

It made me think about something I mentioned somewhere in another thread -

The Super Venom has faster automatic shifts, better handling and two more gears compared to the Venom.
The Hunter Panther also has faster automatic shifts and better "turn-in" compared to the Panther RS.
The Rocket RX is completely different to the regular Rocket and is now seriously relevant for multiplayer (IMO).

The Starbeast SS ................... I'm not sure, I think it has slightly better "turn-in" compared to the regular Starbeast, it doesn't feel like I can get better laptimes with it. I drive it for looks and sound.
I know I'm nitpicking again, but can we please get faster automatic shifts for the Starbeast SS so that it has an edge over the regular Starbeast, just like the other Tournament store vehicles have an edge over their vanilla counterparts?

I remember back in the day, changing automatic shift times of a vehicle in the old Need for Speed games was a matter of opening a file with text editor and changing a number so I assume it's not too much to ask for :)