XB1: Fall Update now available!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member

Howdy fellas,

The weather's getting colder at least in our parts of the world, but in the cockpit it's getting warmer and warmer, if not downright hot. We're happy to let you know that the latest update of the game is out and, and we have a surprise for you: among other goodies the update brings you not only one, but two new tracks!

The first track, Drytown Desert, is a more technical, rallycross style romp that features great rolling flow as well as a couple of cool underpasses and definitely takes some proper skill to master. Then if you're more into wrecking stuff, fret not since the other new track, Rockfield Roughspot, is a rundown dirt speedway that began its life in The Very Track Pack by the ever so prolific content creator Tor Ole but now has banked corners as well as some bumps and jumps thrown in for a good measure. In the heat of the racing, this track can definitely make you feel like you're between a rock and a hard place!

And of course, that's not all. The update also features some much-requested features such as an ability to create private lobbies and region unlocking. And lets not forget 4K support on Xbox One X and a whole host of other neat improvements such as faster loading, improved title stability as well as further performance optiomizations. Be sure to check below for the complete list of changes below while the update is downloading and keep on wrecking!

CONTENT
  • Added two new tracks: Drytown Desert and Rockfield Roughspot.
ENGINE
  • Increased title stability.
  • Optimized loading times.
  • On X, the game is now rendered in 4K resolution (in case of a sub-4K display, image is downsampled).
  • A new controller is now correctly detected after the active one is disconnected.
  • Improved mesh particle culling, improving framerate especially in events featuring large vehicles.
  • Glow particles no longer appear completely white.
GAMEPLAY
  • Added a third damage mode that some of you folks have been requesting: Intense. This is same as the "Realistic" mode with which the console versions launched, in other words, "Realistic" with attacker's advantage enabled.
  • Added an AI Set for Limo.
  • Added Big Rig and Limo to the "Special Mix" AI Set.
  • Increased Wingman strength.
  • Reduced Limo strength slightly.
  • Taking the loop on "Deathloop" no longer causes damage to the car.
  • Improved Honey Pot panel damage so that panels get detached correctly.
  • Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Venom nearly as easily.
  • Lawnmower and other small vehicles are no longer invincible against small to medium nudges.
  • The special wheels for Muddigger should be now found in the user inventory.
  • Improved AI raceline on various tracks.
USER INTERFACE
  • Added improved iconography to the garage user interface.
  • Added new, unique icons for armor and visual upgrade parts.
  • Added upgrade tier icons for performance parts.
  • In career heat races, event specific loading screen is now displayed also between the heats.
  • In custom events, the correct AI Set is now displayed after changing the vehicle.
  • HUD can no longer appear in the main menu after being disconnected from an online session.
MULTIPLAYER
  • Added support for player-created private lobbies. In lobby, you can use the new menu option to adjust the server rules, configure the event and so on. At the moment, you can invite up to eight friends. To make sure there are server instances available for those who actually need them, the instance is automatically shut down in case you don't invite players during 10 minutes after creating the server.
  • Added support for switching region, i.e. region unlock. Please note that if you're playing in other than your home region, your gameplay experience might not be optimal due to the increased network lag.
  • Improved local car prediction precision to reduce input lag.
  • In lobby, the server name no longer overlaps the track name at the top.
  • Lobby options are no longer incorrectly grayed out in case the user is in the Tune screen when a track change occurs.

Addxm

Great. Player Created public lobbies would be cool too, and have them appear in server list. We are yet to have the chance to race a class restricted or stock race ever. don't all other platforms have that already?

Still have mental lag spikes when someone joins a game, unplayable when it happens, usually at end of race with a good position. People joining should not cause spikes, maybe have them not truly connect to loaded map until next race instead. I have so much footage of this if anyone wants me to lift it.

Loading times basically same. Still thrown into race after race with no time to change stuff.

The wingman fix is better, could be tweaked in different area of car.

It is the lag spike bs that has made me quit today, no game is fun with so much inpredictability, my internet is awesome.

EDIT: Didn't mean to sound so negative there, sorry. GREAT NEW MAPS!

Last edited:

o T00L o

It's a start! And a damn good one! Can't wait to further test it! Thanks Bugbear! We know you're working hard! It shows!

Goose274

After patch on one X frame rate drops during crashes, and makes full 24 car derbies unplayable at estimated 15-20 FPS. Load times haven’t changed either. Other than that 4K looks amazing and new lobby stuff is great, I agree there needs to be an option to pick whether your lobby is public or private for variety’s sake

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Rockfield Roughspot mini oval just needs some armco and that'll be a cool extra track that could be made into a normal and reversed version
Inner wall would be important to stop corner cutters
20191103171115_1.jpg

Goose274

Not to mention a layout that removes the bumps, jumps and barriers on the final corner for a standard oval layout too. Online track rotation also is broken right now (new track, new track, old track, new track, new track, old track) might want to take a look

o T00L o

Not to mention a layout that removes the bumps, jumps and barriers on the final corner for a standard oval layout too. Online track rotation also is broken right now (new track, new track, old track, new track, new track, old track) might want to take a look
I figured the rotation was just set this way in anticipation of players wanting to play the new maps. The map rotation can easily be adjusted, I'm sure. I definitely agree that the new oval track could use some variation. Add high banks to both turns, take out all ramps, and make it a very fast oval deathring! I can easily hit over 100mph on the final stretch to the finish line as it is now... Imagine if there wasn't any camelbacks and woopti's!!

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Last man standing is easily the worst game mode added into mixed servers.

Last edited: