The weather's getting colder at least in our parts of the world, but in the cockpit it's getting warmer and warmer, if not downright hot. We're happy to let you know that the latest update of the game is out and, and we have a surprise for you: among other goodies the update brings you not only one, but two new tracks!
The first track, Drytown Desert, is a more technical, rallycross style romp that features great rolling flow as well as a couple of cool underpasses and definitely takes some proper skill to master. Then if you're more into wrecking stuff, fret not since the other new track, Rockfield Roughspot, is a rundown dirt speedway that began its life in The Very Track Pack by the ever so prolific content creator Tor Ole but now has banked corners as well as some bumps and jumps thrown in for a good measure. In the heat of the racing, this track can definitely make you feel like you're between a rock and a hard place!
And of course, that's not all. The update also features some much-requested features such as an ability to create private lobbies and region unlocking. And lets not forget 4K support on Xbox One X and a whole host of other neat improvements such as faster loading, improved title stability as well as further performance optiomizations. Be sure to check below for the complete list of changes below while the update is downloading and keep on wrecking!
- Added two new tracks: Drytown Desert and Rockfield Roughspot.
- Increased title stability.
- Optimized loading times.
- On X, the game is now rendered in 4K resolution (in case of a sub-4K display, image is downsampled).
- A new controller is now correctly detected after the active one is disconnected.
- Improved mesh particle culling, improving framerate especially in events featuring large vehicles.
- Glow particles no longer appear completely white.
- Added a third damage mode that some of you folks have been requesting: Intense. This is same as the "Realistic" mode with which the console versions launched, in other words, "Realistic" with attacker's advantage enabled.
- Added an AI Set for Limo.
- Added Big Rig and Limo to the "Special Mix" AI Set.
- Increased Wingman strength.
- Reduced Limo strength slightly.
- Taking the loop on "Deathloop" no longer causes damage to the car.
- Improved Honey Pot panel damage so that panels get detached correctly.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Venom nearly as easily.
- Lawnmower and other small vehicles are no longer invincible against small to medium nudges.
- The special wheels for Muddigger should be now found in the user inventory.
- Improved AI raceline on various tracks.
- Added improved iconography to the garage user interface.
- Added new, unique icons for armor and visual upgrade parts.
- Added upgrade tier icons for performance parts.
- In career heat races, event specific loading screen is now displayed also between the heats.
- In custom events, the correct AI Set is now displayed after changing the vehicle.
- HUD can no longer appear in the main menu after being disconnected from an online session.
- Added support for player-created private lobbies. In lobby, you can use the new menu option to adjust the server rules, configure the event and so on. At the moment, you can invite up to eight friends. To make sure there are server instances available for those who actually need them, the instance is automatically shut down in case you don't invite players during 10 minutes after creating the server.
- Added support for switching region, i.e. region unlock. Please note that if you're playing in other than your home region, your gameplay experience might not be optimal due to the increased network lag.
- Improved local car prediction precision to reduce input lag.
- In lobby, the server name no longer overlaps the track name at the top.
- Lobby options are no longer incorrectly grayed out in case the user is in the Tune screen when a track change occurs.