XB1/PS4/PC: Version 1.4.0.7/1.47/1.261238 released

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
We're actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback. Please find below a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this release.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

XB1: 1.4.0.3
PS4: 1.43
PC: 1.259651

SYSTEM
  • (PC) Game no longer crashes when quitting while vehicle mods are enabled.
  • (PC) Invalid analytics data will no longer prevent the game from launching.
  • *PC) Date stamps of conflicting files are now shown in the Steam Cloud popup.
  • (PC) Fixed a crash in the effect system when using certain mods.
GAMEPLAY/VEHICLES
  • Added upgrades for Super-Venom.
  • Fixed Super-Venom deform glitch.
  • Fixed Roadcutter rear spoiler deform glitch.
  • Fixed Speedbird tournament reward livery UV mapping bug.
  • Improved Wardigger upshift/downshift logic.
TOURNAMENT MODE
  • FP (Fame Points) earned from completed challenges should be now received correctly, even for past challenges.
  • (PC) Player can now choose to remove ineligible local result in case there's amismatch between the local and leaderboard result.
    This can occur for example due to the upload of the result failing, or in case your (cheated) result has been deleted from the leaderboard.
AUDIO
  • In-game: AI vehicle mixdown adjustments & perf improvements.
  • In-game: Initialize each AI vehicle engine sound with a range randomized pitch offset, to improve separation / uniqueness between for multiples of same vehicle.
  • In-game: Adjusted player vehicles to use similar distance-based playback prioritization sorting as AI vehicles, to address possible active voice stealing in free cam mode.
  • Big Rig / Doom Rig: Optimized DSP effect usage.
  • Roadslayer / Roadslayer GT: Fixed broken soundbank, mixdown and engine sound tweaks.
  • Hellride: Added missing position tracking to flame barrel objects for correct surround panning.
Thanks for all the feedback and happy wrecking!

iamjohnconnor

range randomized pitch offset, to improve separation / uniqueness between for multiples of same vehicle.
Very interesting, I wonder if the same is possible for player cars as well as ai cars in the future?

ez Mongoose

We're actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback. Please find below a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this release.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

XB1: 1.4.0.3
PS4: 1.43
PC: 1.259651

SYSTEM
  • (PC) Game no longer crashes when quitting while vehicle mods are enabled.
  • (PC) Invalid analytics data will no longer prevent the game from launching.
  • *PC) Date stamps of conflicting files are now shown in the Steam Cloud popup.
  • (PC) Fixed a crash in the effect system when using certain mods.
GAMEPLAY/VEHICLES
  • Added upgrades for Super-Venom.
  • Fixed Super-Venom deform glitch.
  • Fixed Roadcutter rear spoiler deform glitch.
  • Fixed Speedbird tournament reward livery UV mapping bug.
  • Improved Wardigger upshift/downshift logic.
TOURNAMENT MODE
  • FP (Fame Points) earned from completed challenges should be now received correctly, even for past challenges.
  • (PC) Player can now choose to remove ineligible local result in case there's amismatch between the local and leaderboard result.
    This can occur for example due to the upload of the result failing, or in case your (cheated) result has been deleted from the leaderboard.
AUDIO
  • In-game: AI vehicle mixdown adjustments & perf improvements.
  • In-game: Initialize each AI vehicle engine sound with a range randomized pitch offset, to improve separation / uniqueness between for multiples of same vehicle.
  • In-game: Adjusted player vehicles to use similar distance-based playback prioritization sorting as AI vehicles, to address possible active voice stealing in free cam mode.
  • Big Rig / Doom Rig: Optimized DSP effect usage.
  • Roadslayer / Roadslayer GT: Fixed broken soundbank, mixdown and engine sound tweaks.
  • Hellride: Added missing position tracking to flame barrel objects for correct surround panning.
Thanks for all the feedback and happy wrecking!Wa
Was 4k fixed for xbox one x?

ez Mongoose

It still resets from 4K to 1080p every time you boot the game, but once you set it to 4K, it renders in 4K.
Also I have the music turned off but it continues playing til I go to settings then it stops by itself. I shouldn't have to go through this every time I start the game up. It all started with the previous update. I stop playing the game since then

BBIAJ

Full time wrecker
Also I have the music turned off but it continues playing til I go to settings then it stops by itself. I shouldn't have to go through this every time I start the game up. It all started with the previous update. I stop playing the game since then
Yup, I have that same music issue too, super lame.

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Doom rigs needs a nerf its annoying having to avoid MixedEU servers because of one op truck.
Doesn't help we've come across squads jumping in them and wiping out an entire field, with no counter to kill them its pretty much impossible.

Last edited:
I just posted this a few minutes ago in another thread in response to the most recent update but seeing this one I am thinking perhaps I should have posted this here instead.

First off, I LOVE both new tracks! Period! The game needed a couple more traditional oval tracks and now I have them. Thank you to whoever made that possible.

Now, here is my ONE HUGE COMPLAINT about the most recent update. Is there PLEASE someway to at a minimum get an OPTION to have cars that actually stay together like the Imperial and Mustang and Chevy Pickup did up until now? (Lately, even the Chevelle and a few other cars were holding together as well and it was a VAST improvement.) Bumpers, fenders, hoods, doors and deck lids DO NOT detach from real real race or Demo cars except in the RAREST of circumstances.

My suggestion would be to add a "welded" mode to the damage selections if that is possible, at least for Custom Events, though I know many online players would also like such as option.

PS, I LOVE that I can now have all Imperial or all any other kind of car races. This is a HUGE improvement as well and I am grateful. (A few more paint schemes on AI cars would be nice though as 24 car races result in far too many cars that look alike.) My ultimate dream would be to have the ability to select and customize all 23 AI cars with paint and up grades.

Thoughtful and constructive comments are welcome.

Thank you to whoever takes the time to consider these comments.