XB1/PS4/PC: Version 1.5.0.1/1.51/1.262227 released

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
We're actively working on improving the gameplay experience based on the feedback. Please find below a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this release.

RELEASE NOTES

Game version

XB1: 1.5.0.1
PS4: 1.51
PC: 1.262227

SYSTEM
  • Game no longer crashes when clients join or bots are being added while host is in the lobby upgrade menu.
  • (PC) DLC promo screen no longer gets stuck on the screen when Steam overlay is disabled.
GAMEPLAY
  • AI now does better job handling certain DLC vehicles especially in Class A.
  • DLC special vehicles now appear in the "Special Mix" set as well.
  • Improved various texture and upgrade issues with Hunter Panther.
  • Stock Car can be now tuned even when the player doesn't own the DLC.
  • Fixed Sweeper standard suspension ride height.
  • Sweeper's full cage no longer goes through the driver's head.
  • Improved front loader collision on Mudford Motorcenter.
  • Fixed a checkpoint exploit on Sandstone Raceway Alt Route.
  • Fixed fences on Northfolk Ring.
  • Fixed missing collisions of cardboard boxes on Mudford Motorcenter.
  • Fixed a case in which vehicles occasionally spawned in air at Dirt Devil Stadium Dirt Speedway.
  • Fixed Kingston Raceway surface info.
TOURNAMENT MODE
  • Reduced score thresholds for "Score Streak" derby events.
  • Other minor tweaks for more consistent scoring.
AUDIO
  • Stock Car: Fixed audio signal path overloading in 32-bit Windows build.
  • Roadslayer: Removed sand from the engine.
LOCALIZATION
  • Fixed missing characters for Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
  • Improved Hungarian localized text.

Thanks for all the feedback and good luck in the tournament!

The cars seem to be even worse than before. They bend FAR too much and come apart FAR too easily. It is at a point where it is hurting my enjoyment of the game.

Can we PLEASE have at least some kind of OPTION for "welded" cars that stay together and somewhat realistically retain their shape? Driver's and engine compartments should at least stay enough intact to protect the engine and driver and wheels should not move more than a few inches out of position without crippling the car.

Recently, until a couple of days ago with the new update, cars actually stayed together fairly well and it was a HUGE improvement, even if sometimes the cars bent a little weird, I would rather have kept that then the abomination the game has turned into in the past two days.

PS LOVE the 2 new tracks and the 3 AWESOME new cars. Just wish I could actually enjoy them.

Thank you to anyone that actually does something about this.

DarthCourteous

The cars seem to be even worse than before. They bend FAR too much and come apart FAR too easily. It is at a point where it is hurting my enjoyment of the game.

Can we PLEASE have at least some kind of OPTION for "welded" cars that stay together and somewhat realistically retain their shape? Driver's and engine compartments should at least stay enough intact to protect the engine and driver and wheels should not move more than a few inches out of position without crippling the car.

Recently, until a couple of days ago with the new update, cars actually stayed together fairly well and it was a HUGE improvement, even if sometimes the cars bent a little weird, I would rather have kept that then the abomination the game has turned into in the past two days.

PS LOVE the 2 new tracks and the 3 AWESOME new cars. Just wish I could actually enjoy them.

Thank you to anyone that actually does something about this.
I know, right? It was expected that everything could change during early access so the changes they made there I guess I can't complain about but the game was supposedly "released" nearly a year ago. We should at least have the option of deferring or ignoring updates after the "full game" launched. Sometimes I'd rather not bother with newer content in order to play the better old versions, especially since there hasn't been a tournament reward that interested me enough to uninstall all my mods just to do the stupid tournament, y'know? as it is if I want an older version I have to hope it's torrented somewhere, what kind of a bullshit solution is that?

Soulburn

Love the update and a few really nagging things have been addressed. Appreciate your hard work and efforts keeping this game top notch.
I too am an advocate for deformation realism and was enjoying the way things were looking and reacting before this update. Certainly it is always a project of balances with deformation however I think things were headed in the right direction recently. I saw a few instances of some hilariously mangled meshes that were obviously in need of attention but loosening part detach values, in my opinion, is always a step backwards. Not sure what is going on with deform on a macro scale (entire car will some times look "wavy") rather than more expected metal failure rates and angles seen in real life occurrences. Speaking of that, any way to get vehicle roofs to realistically "tent" when hit hard in a side impact collision?, or when pitted into a tree? Would a higher fidelity damage model be possible for PC users? I would so love to be able to mod the damage model in this game.

Keep up the great work Devs! -Happy Customer

d4rks1d3

Seems the AI in banger races are a little too aggressive. They are literally going sideways to hit me during a race. It’s a race not a derby, it’s just not realistic. Also wish we could get some different modes in the tournament. You could lock some settings to make things different like make a realistic setting race or derby, or a last man standing derby, or turn off all assists on a race.

RacerEks

The Sweeper seems to have the same handling spec as the Hearse. Since the Sweeper is a much smaller, lighter car I would think the cornering would be a lot better than the Hearse.

RacerEks

Seems the AI in banger races are a little too aggressive. They are literally going sideways to hit me during a race. It’s a race not a derby, it’s just not realistic. Also wish we could get some different modes in the tournament. You could lock some settings to make things different like make a realistic setting race or derby, or a last man standing derby, or turn off all assists on a race.
I guess that's the 'Rumble Race'? I've noticed that too. They drive as badly as some of the on-line players! ;-)

John BobMan

I agree with what has been said, cars are too cheap now.
You barely touch another car and their bumpers fall off.
Deformity does not reflect the car's health anymore, your car can be burning with 80% health.
Edit: this mostly happens in banger bash event, that may be normal

The banger bash update is great.
However I don't understand why the option to choose one specific DLC car for AI has been removed. Even more, it would be great to be able to choose each car.

Tournament events should be implemented as game modes in exhibition and multi-player

Thank you for this great game and great FREE updates

Last edited:

JohnChopinWood

I would like to second part of what you mention here.
being able to select only sofa cars,
Or only buses whilst I drive the pocket rocket made for some really fun custom game modes. I am very disappointed that whilst some of the new content is indeed excellent, a big part of why I continue to play this game has been removed. In essence, let me choose what I’m racing against in a custom mode, or at the very least, return it to the old system.
Being the doom rig, versus a set of super vans - now that is fun. Being the doom rig against other doom rigs may make for a better race, but it will just be less fun. If I wanted fair racing, I’d play something else. I come to wreck fest for silly fun

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Not experienced this on PC but on Xbox the game won't let you press start even if you're in a normal car.
Its like the game think we've selected a special vehicle when clearly we haven't selected one.

When are the track vote system getting updated? we're starting to get tired of the same old track popping up.
Duplicate tracks come up in the vote all the time in mixed and racing server (xbox) I've come across tribend and mud oval taking up two voting slots.

Last edited:

grantw

We've had that, I play online with someone who cannot 'Set Ready' if he chooses a Dominator, but it does let him use it in the race (assuming he hasn't been kicked for not being ready!)

timmy76

Full time wrecker
Bored of doing the same races with the bumper car, honeypot n so on. I would rather we had a random race with a normal car.

Oh and give it a rest with the C class muddigger races, they're not even fun.

d4rks1d3

Bored of doing the same races with the bumper car, honeypot n so on. I would rather we had a random race with a normal car.

Oh and give it a rest with the C class muddigger races, they're not even fun.
Agree. Would like to see them change up the formula a bit.