XB1: Version 1.0.0.12 Released

TurboArmageddon

What system you playing on, and are you wifi or hard wired for internet? When the next race loads in, wait til the count starts for the next get ready. Don't select ready up until you've navigated and selected a car. If you aren't getting good speeds with your ping, there's a chance you're not getting a response from the server because of a bit of lag.
I'm on xbox one x. My internet and ping is really good and I wait for everything to load, I see the select icon change colour when I press A but nothing happens half the time and I time out back to the lobby screen and I can't get back in to car select to try again

o T00L o

You may have changed the select button when choosing type 9 for your co troller maybe. I think I remember the buttons messing up if you do this.

Addxm

^^ that. It is not your internet, it is the game/game servers fucking it up. Happens to me too, even when i am showing lowest ping in lobby. The lobby / loading system really is pretty fucked. Plus you can find loading, even if you have been in last race, can jam up and eventually slam you into the lobby with no time to tune or change cars.
And then there is the incentive, no rewards or medals for online play makes it a bit pointless to suffer all the bs some days. I have gone from a few hours most days, to like up to 1 hour every few days. Something needs doing about it all for sure, imo.

o T00L o

I'd use the Twitter app, and tag bug ear and thqnordic jf you want their full attention on the matter. Trust me, they're listening, and reading. Good luck man. Hopefully it gets sorted.

Addxm

Xbox guys that are so obsessed they join the forum hopeful for extra game information.
Is that sad? I am over 40 too, so I expect so yes.
But I don't give a shit, so if you want this saddo to crashout some players to help you win, hmu lol. GT- Addxm.
EU servers.