Your Wishes for next Content UPDATE ❓

Dirt N Track

Whatever you do Bugbear please do not decrease the aggressiveness and difficulty of the AI. Since the last update the competition from the AI in races has been nothing short of pure enjoyment and FUN! This is what banger racing is supposed to be, even an option to turn up the AI aggressiveness and difficulty even more would be welcomed by me. This is the most fun I have ever had in a racing game.

EmDzei

Layout.jpg

A quick picture of what the layout could look like in the upcoming lobby screen. Of course, the colors and the layout of this quick drawing are so and so, but this may give you some idea.

- full list (24) of players
- bigger chat screen
- information about current gamemode and track
- all buttons are on top the screen (early in chat Place)
- server welcome message aka rules

Dirt N Track

The main complaint I have right now after the last update (PS4) is the frame rate. Before the update there was no dips, it was smooth and constant. Since the last update though there are dips in the frame rate and it is just choppy. Until this gets fixed I am going to shelve the game I love so much, it is just making it unplayable. I forgot to mention it seems to only happen during races, in demo derbies it seems to be ok?

John BobMan

I'm on Xbox One, Wreckfest is one of the best games I have ever played. Here is a list of things I would love to see added to the game:

Aspects:
- Custom numbers on cars
- Custom liveries (maybe with imported logos as in WWE 2K games)
- Custom driver's outfit
- Same livery for cars in the same team

Modes:
- Last man standing race (unlimited race until only one car remains)
- Team racing with roles: you choose between Crasher and Racer. Racers earn points with their position in the race at each lap, Crashers earn points with damage points as seen in career mode.
Alternate version: Racers earn points with the number of laps they achieve within a time-limit.

New content:
- A large oval track for high speed crashes
- NASCAR car
- Monster Truck

Misc:
- ability to choose DLC cars for AI

DrLove2k2

Get the consoles up to 20 players online (dont think 24 is possible by Bugbear) They promised after some optimisation on the consoles we should be able to see this come to fruitition.

More tracks like Death Loop / Crash Canyon (tarmac maybe?) And the last oval that was added (that was is a TON of fun) but maybe make them longer, so you can have more speed.

remove the kick button from consoles, its being abused so badly, I see random people getting vote kicked for no apparent reason other then just having fun.

Add turbo pads (yes like mario kart) on every track, but have them off by default, and have certain servers that have that enabled (double HP on these servers)

These are wishes I'd like to see happen on console, as I stopped playing the pc version.
Create a track mode would be really cool, but on consoles with only being able to host UP to 8 players, its not really that important.

Russault

This is a great game ... BUT ... The servers are HORRIBLE I have a racing group of 184 people .... WE ALL AGREE .... There is NO REASON that there should be the crazy slow load times in the car selection menu .... VERY POOR .... you are starting to LOSE CUSTOMERS. DO YOU CARE ENOUGH TO REPLY ???

Russault

Get the consoles up to 20 players online (dont think 24 is possible by Bugbear) They promised after some optimisation on the consoles we should be able to see this come to fruitition.

More tracks like Death Loop / Crash Canyon (tarmac maybe?) And the last oval that was added (that was is a TON of fun) but maybe make them longer, so you can have more speed.

remove the kick button from consoles, its being abused so badly, I see random people getting vote kicked for no apparent reason other then just having fun.

Add turbo pads (yes like mario kart) on every track, but have them off by default, and have certain servers that have that enabled (double HP on these servers)

These are wishes I'd like to see happen on console, as I stopped playing the pc version.
Create a track mode would be really cool, but on consoles with only being able to host UP to 8 players, its not really that important.
As of now they can't even get the servers to run smoothly with 16 players ! Horrible loading times in car selection menu ... and still LAG and RUBBERBANDING in the races. PLEASE FIX THIS BUGBEAR

HotSteel6

Usher in the new year with a clean slate. Wipe the leaderboards! The times really only reflect what we could do under the old grass rules anyway. Perhaps this can be an annual tradition. Another one could be to lock the chat window so it stays up during loading.

DrLove2k2

As of now they can't even get the servers to run smoothly with 16 players ! Horrible loading times in car selection menu ... and still LAG and RUBBERBANDING in the races. PLEASE FIX THIS BUGBEAR
Well actually i've paid close attention to it, the game has been optimised quite a bit, I'm not a 100% sure but when it was released on ps4 / xbox the game ran at a constant lower then 30 fps. Moving the camera around the car quickly in game also shows a REALLY bad motion blur.

This has been fully fixed over time. I play on vanilla ps4, and to be fair the game is running great for me.
I do agree that somehow loading times dont feel THAT much faster, BUT I think it doesnt have to do with loading the track itself, I believe it has to do with connecting all the players, syncing them in place (calculating)

I really wonder if BB could let us know how that works exactly, I just don't believe its the tracks that cause the long loading, maybe the diversity of people being cabled and people on bad wifi while the server tries to sync them with others.

Addxm

Loading times: I am pretty sure the loading screen stays up too long sometimes, even though it is loaded already. At one time i could even hear the game navigating through the options using controller as i could still see the loading screen, then after some time it kicked in visually. Recording from october 25: (skip 1st minute)

Last edited:

barneygumble

Loading Times... might be still the main flaw of the game (at least on PS4, - since my PC Version of Wreckfest loads way way faster )
( and thanks for the video @Addxm quite a shocker, since Im using SSD Harddrive its quite a bit faster but still... ) ,
even after the update - the loading times are still way too long . The % counter on the bottom right seems better working now... but still more then enough time for a getting a beer until its loaded.

Maybe its possible to use the "NEXT EVENT" / "RESULTS" screen as loading screen - so the player can make small changes or
at least check click through the stats and results while waiting ? Probably better then starring over 1min+ on a static screen ?

Addxm

SSD or any hdd, and it only makes a difference if the dvr save location is set to it. It takes stress away from the internal. Having whole game saved to hdd actually hinders performance, as it has to move cache to and from internal.
Turning dvr off completely is even better at improving performance than having an hdd attached.
The idea of using race menu as loading screen has been thrown about, I do like that idea too.
That was an initial race, and is an extreme version of loading time,must be longest i had seen.

Last edited:

Ecclesiaste

Crashed more cars than times I saw finish line
Team Bugbear Member
Loading times have been clearly reduced since the new update (at least for me).
What I miss the most, apart VR, is a virtual rear view mirror.

MudShane4

I would love (and would pay for) more offline championships. Something like how Driveclub did it where you could buy a pass and then get a new championship every month or so.

xxoACEoxx

Here is what I feel would be great additions to the game:

• Ability to change driver names on console
  • Add a track editor (I would spend hours on this)
  • Create your own car decals (or create decals from a selected list of layered shapes to bypass licensing)
  • Customize your driver outfit or even just the color
  • More debris and obstacles on track, even if this means lowering the player count for some events (Just look at Flatout for examples)
  • A dedicated crash event, developers create a scenario where you cause as much carnage as you can.
  • Usable power ups like oil slick, nitros and a self destruct button to damage all near by vehicles =)
  • Ice, Snow and mud tracks
  • Ability to turn on modes like Moon gravity and super damage on console, (Just a tick box before event starts would be good)
  • Last but no means least, a football (English football that is, not NFL) game mode, Score a big ball in the net while being smashed to pieces by your opponents.