24-car Multiplayer Returns!

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Tero said:
There seems to be some relation with high pings (100>) to low fps but we've yet to discover what (maybe our coders already know what causes it but I don't :) ). But we're working on it!
Ah thanks for the info! But if it helps: My own ping is never over 100, and I still have the issue. Or can it be caused by other people having high pings?

Lari Fari said:
Ah thanks for the info! But if it helps: My own ping is never over 100, and I still have the issue. Or can it be caused by other people having high pings?
Well that was just my guess, the real reason can be something else. I'll just shut up since I know jack. :) But I have full confidence that our coders find out what's causing it.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Whaat?? 24 player multiplayer? gotta call my friend that there's change in plans.. I'm going nowhere now!

I've noticed now that when you have over 18 cars, the game stutters a lot. I've also noticed that some players begin to "rubber band" in game. Not all cars, just some, it's like watching them race using a strobe light. This didn't happen before the patch.

sephirothsk

Lari Fari said:
sephirothsk said:
Hey ! I am glad to report that I hosted a 24 multiplayer game and it was AWSOME !! However, the ban command doesnt work, it only kick the player, banned player can rejoin right after being banned. Also, I am getting weird bug I think... when it happen, my car control stop and the camera view switch to the camera view you get when your dead and can spectate people and then I can drive my car, happened several time and is very annoying.
D-Pad up switches to spectator cam. I've pressed it accidentaly without noticing and thought it was a bug. maybe rebind it if you hit the button accidentaly from time to time :)
haha thx ! I wasnt having the problem yesterday tho... I guess ill just unbind the key lol

Dillinja187

Another hotfix today @ 3 mb Any clues to what this is about/fixes? .Im guessing it addresses the problem some people are experiencing uber low fps in game.

FollowWings

There is nothing impossible just laziness!! ;-)
Full time wrecker
Dillinja187 said:
Another hotfix today @ 3 mb Any clues to what this is about/fixes? .Im guessing it addresses the problem some people are experiencing uber low fps in game.
fix low fps at MP (NO LAG at 24 player), fix time reset, fixing start pos at Sandpit1 etc.
Maybe fixing Host problems too!

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
FollowWings said:
Dillinja187 said:
fix low fps at MP (NO LAG at 24 player), fix time reset, fixing start pos at Sandpit1 etc.
Maybe fixing Host problems too!
Host problem still there.

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
How can i write with orange color in multiplayer chat? Because someone did it but didnt tell me how.

kamikave

Full time wrecker
Multiplayer is fine, I've nothing against it. But I'm more of a solo player type of guy, so can I ask ? When are you starting to work on the solo player side of the game ? Cause as it is, this game is boring to me. I've already spent hours wrecking the IA pointlessly. Now I need more.

triple-kalle

Handling issues

what on earth did you do to handling?! the latest update really did change the handling...Now you can drive flat on the floor 90% from the race, no break´s needed because the car is on rails! :mad: before you needed to be on alert when exiting corner or when jumping or the car will spin / crash...well maby enough people who had played DIRT 3 complained that its too hard (real), never mind that you (bugbear) statet that we wanted to make a game that looked like us, a game that had real flatout 1 heritage, why the sudden change?! why now? maby you became greedy because of all the hype wreckfest caused, so you changed it to more "user freindly to everyone" and maby even earn a little more coin aswell. bugbear is a small company and i know it was and is major effort from the studio to make a game like this, You are making a game for the people who love this genre nad who loved flatout / detruction derby, please make the handling as it was before, i´ve played enough coin games allready. It wouldnt be such a big deal if the handling would been like this from the beginning but i tasted the good stuff and wont settle for this. If you continue like this, might aswell to sell your studio to some major A-hole company and make a wreckfest to every console platform there is. wreckfest-coming to Wii U Fall 2015!

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
I haven't felt any radical change in handling recently. Are you Triple-kalle driving with keyboard or wheel? If with keyboard maybe you've just found the right settings to handle the car.

iceuponfire

Re: Handling issues

triple-kalle said:
the latest update really did change the handling...
I dont think they changed the handling but it's more related to lag compensation and predictive stuff. I felt on some laggy servers it was easier to turn and it gave to me an advantage, like if with small framerate drop the car handling loose details, can't slip, so it was easier to drive. (sorry for my english)

sam223

Weeked Smasher
The cars feel a little lighter.Like the moment of inertia required to rotate the car on the 'Y' is lower. Its not a big deal though,or massively easier imo.I do spend most of my time on the big oval though, where you barely steer/brake at all so havnt tested thoroughly. Im hoping for a oval around the size of the original fig 8 at some point. A oval track where you have to brake on bend entry and manage grip levels/avoid drifing to much, rather than just flat out trying to steer as little as possible.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Re: Handling issues

triple-kalle said:
what on earth did you do to handling?! the latest update really did change the handling...Now you can drive flat on the floor 90% from the race, no break´s needed because the car is on rails! :mad: before you needed to be on alert when exiting corner or when jumping or the car will spin / crash...well maby enough people who had played DIRT 3 complained that its too hard (real), never mind that you (bugbear) statet that we wanted to make a game that looked like us, a game that had real flatout 1 heritage, why the sudden change?! why now? maby you became greedy because of all the hype wreckfest caused, so you changed it to more "user freindly to everyone" and maby even earn a little more coin aswell. bugbear is a small company and i know it was and is major effort from the studio to make a game like this, You are making a game for the people who love this genre nad who loved flatout / detruction derby, please make the handling as it was before, i´ve played enough coin games allready. It wouldnt be such a big deal if the handling would been like this from the beginning but i tasted the good stuff and wont settle for this. If you continue like this, might aswell to sell your studio to some major A-hole company and make a wreckfest to every console platform there is. wreckfest-coming to Wii U Fall 2015!
When say "as it was before", we talking Build #4 or #5 or early version of Build #6? We talking SP or MP?

Jo5h

Been trying the new 24 car online this evening, I have to say I didn't encounter any issues and seemed very solid.

I tried the small Fig-8 track as well and when landing after the jumps it didn't have that "floaty" feel as before so presume that is the result of the lag fixes put in place.

Thanks BB!