April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
  • Janne Suur-Näkki said:
    [*]MP: It's now possible to disallow the use of special vehicles (lawnmower) on a server.
Where can one find command for this one?

OK it likely is the special_vehicles_disabled=
But it doesn't seem to do anything or can host have a disabled car? Is that command broken now?

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
The way it currently works that while in lobby you can still select the lawnmower but you can't ready up.
Ah thanks. Didn't test to ready up because I pretty much assumed that you can't even select anything from special category. Need to test one interesting way to restrict cars from servers without client side mod requirement if it works at all.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
I think I have a hunch of what you're thinking of... I believe it will flag the server as modded, though (if it's what I'm thinking of).

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
I think I have a hunch of what you're thinking of... I believe it will flag the server as modded, though (if it's what I'm thinking of).
Yes but I was still able to join the server without any mods on so it might work. Just got home and now I'm testing that.

// Doesn't seem to have any effect. Would've been interesting workaround for banning some cars from servers :D
/// Found the reason why that was happening that having mod on a server still let through unmodded client. The server didn't have mod on even though it said it has and even the server list showed that the mod was on. Will create a report.

kennta340

Full time wrecker
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Would it be able to change the option "car_restriction=" so you add cars like car_restriction=Car1,Car2,Car3 to disable cars on the server or get the FWD cars fixed with locked diff alternative taking away locked diff on FWD cars to balance them?

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
So a big announcement coming next Friday. :)

I don't thing it will be, "Wreckfest PC version gone gold" since we have not got to test a new Build lately. Wreckfest still in need of polishing and bug fixing to get game ready for prime time.

To early to announcement a release date for consoles versions.

So that leaves me with announcement that beta version of console versions of Wreckfest is going live for all them players that pre-order console versions of Wreckfest already.

That my guess.

pben1

Hope the hype is gonna be worth it. Looks like the survey was just box ticking to completion. Console may run out to winter 2018 as stated.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
I'm waiting for mechanical damage that affects handling and those teasers look a lot like custom numbers could be coming 8)
They could of course announce date for console early access/preview or the aim for final release of WreckFest.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
BenDover said:
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Would it be able to change the option "car_restriction=" so you add cars like car_restriction=Car1,Car2,Car3 to disable cars on the server or get the FWD cars fixed with locked diff alternative taking away locked diff on FWD cars to balance them?
Would be nice,seems it not so easy to trick the anti cheat and bodge a modded fix anymore

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
We'd love to have that too and it's been on our wishlist for ages but it's not a high priority task, hence we're not sure it will be implemented for the launch.

kennta340

Full time wrecker
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
We'd love to have that too and it's been on our wishlist for ages but it's not a high priority task, hence we're not sure it will be implemented for the launch.
If its not for the launch please fix it after you release it after abit of a break ofc. :)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Vollmer said:
https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/ last change bout 7 hrs ago.... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Ya a lot activity today, just might see a new public Build release Thursday or Friday. :D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
I just find a file that has the track names in it. It look like Bugbear has been working on some tracks we have not seen before. :eek:

So this next Build release may have a new track and I do think Bugbear holding some tracks back for final release. :)

I'm going keep quiet about the file I found. I don't want to give away any surprise Bugbear\ THQ are planning, now we getting closer to a final release of Wreckfest. :p