Autumn vibes

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Some of those shortcuts are really unfair. With friends they can be good if only leader can't use them but in public they can ruin the game.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
St. Jimmy said:
Some of those shortcuts are really unfair. With friends they can be good if only leader can't use them but in public they can ruin the game.
Racing online, you will learn most these shortcuts pretty quick since most players will be using them. And if you want to learn them all, let yourself get lap by the leader and then follow him or her and see what new shortcuts you might learn. ;)

Now if you want to do away with player shortcuts, Bugbear could put down checkpoints on all turns and make a real tight reset map that get trigger if you get off the track. I don't think we want that for a Flatout game. Would take some fun out of Flatout racing.

Also keep in mind, shortcuts, be they Bugbear shortcuts or player found shortcuts, usually have some risk to them!! Some shortcuts take a little skill to hit them just right or if you are a second to late or to early turning into a shortcut, your car is screwed\crash. :eek:

St. Jimmy

Finland
Full time wrecker
Yeah I just meant that some of those. Most of the shortcuts got enough risk & reward but there are couple shortcuts that are just too much. Some shortcuts can kind of ruin the feeling of the track when you don't need to go through the awesome corner.

M

Mopower

Mohasz said:
Or you could make it like many old (though 2D) racers did. Your lap don't get counted if you make an excessive cut. But it might be quite difficult to implement properly in a game like this.
This happened to me on flatout UC with the free roam mod lol. Anytime I cut the course beyond the point where my car would've gotten reset if I didn't have the mod, it wouldn't count my lap. So I don't think it would be too hard to set this up... And I'd prefer this. Just have your lap not counted if you cut too far

err

90% of shortcuts in FO1 need risk and skill, also ones what give most advantage are very easily learned. There is no situation where it could be unfair. You need then just learn the shortcuts and practice more. Its awesome after 8 years still find new shortcuts. Example:

If anyone is interested of fastest way on every fo1 track then they can check videos in http://fo-online.net/?link=8&id=17