Bugbear goes "retro flat-out"

Adenru

Full time wrecker
Suddenly I feel urge to reinstal FlatOut, although last tie I played it is this september.

BenLind

Glad you guys like the prototype!

@X: Haha! Yeah we're aware of that bug. It's a bit silly but it's an early prototype and we found it funny. Just like the electric pole warping. :)

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
If there was a way to play it multiplayer, I'd surely want to race against the developers :p

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
This is awesome Bugbear, giving piece of Flatout history to the fans. I love this. The driving feels great in the prototype, love driving the Beetle. :)

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
Ben Lind said:
Maybe you'll get a chance later in NCG. :)
I was already planning to do something like that, but on Ultimate Carnage, there must be the topic somewhere on the UC section. But if the sneak peek already includes multiplayer, I will surely accept the challenge on there

Wiedidog

Weeked Smasher
Whippler said:
Oh why didn't you guys leave the in car/cockpit view in flatout, its so awesome on this.
Jup, the cockpit cam doesn´t looks so bad. :) Hope the cockpit cam will be good in NCG. 8)

SpeedDevil

Team Bugbear Member
X said:
I discovered this after not being able to find my car.

Door has moved over to left hand side of screen! :eek:

If restarting while out of car, door stays open. Door moves further and further away each time you do this. Eventually, lose control of driver and just drift off only moving left and right.
Wait, you can get out of your car? I can't read the keyboard layout, it loads too fast XD

RacerBest

Team Bugbear Member
SpeedDevil said:
X said:

If restarting while out of car, door stays open. Door moves further and further away each time you do this. Eventually, lose control of driver and just drift off only moving left and right.
Wait, you can get out of your car? I can't read the keyboard layout, it loads too fast XD
Press E when parked. ;D

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
SpeedDevil said:
X said:

Had same problem with my fast computer, so I used Fraps to record start of race and then stop video and took a screenshot:

I'm not entirely sure about the timing of this release...
I go on the kickstarer page and the second thing I see is a ten year old technology.

M

Mopower

Victor Cortez said:
I'm not entirely sure about the timing of this release...
I go on the kickstarer page and the second thing I see is a ten year old technology.
relax, nobody's bombing you yet

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
And now for something completely different:
My video of the FO prototype .
(For non-Italian speakers, the gameplay starts at 2:10)

JonasNL

Team Bugbear Member
I have only played it for a couple of minutes. But I have to say I absolutily LOVE it! I really get that old FlatOut feeling. Although there's no sound, I really enjoy playing it! Powersliding, jumping, rolling, bashing. The handling model and physics engine is terrific! Can't wait for your next car game to be finnished! Over and out. :)

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
JonasNL said:
Can't wait for your next car game to be finnished! Over and out. :)
I see what you did there :0

I fully agree about physics/handling, I like that the camera follows car on demo, rather than twists around corners like on flatout1