Build #6 Live! Official Name Revealed, Multiplayer Introduced

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
szutyi93 said:
Do you use any other programs for the wheel or only the ingame options?

Because i have a G27 wheel and if i set the Feedback Strength to 1% the wheel break my arm so hard to turn it and if i set to 0% thers no Force feedback at all.

So i have to use the Logitech program but its forget all the options if i quit the game or if i multitasking and put the game to the desk.

I hope you understand me :)

Hi, I have Logitech Gaming Software installed, but do not run it or use any profiles. I just have my Windows Global settings and use the in game settings.

Is it just Wreckfest that want to break your arm with the force feedback or all racing games?

"set the Feedback Strength to 1%", is this when setting FF in Wreckfest or in Windows Global wheel settings?

This problam came up with this game only.
Now i can play with 1% FF in game options and 6% FF on the Logitech gaming software but if i close the LGS its forget all the optons.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
szutyi93 said:
Now i can play with 1% FF in game options and 6% FF on the Logitech gaming software but if i close the LGS its forget all the optons.
Did you have this problem before Build #6?

This is the best update so far. Multiplayer is great when it works, but I'm in australia so I have to be sort of lucky to find enough aussies to play with me :(. Works great and is better than singleplayer when it is going though.

The handling is much better now. I use a driving force GT wheel and enjoy this update so much more than any of the others. I wouldn't mind if the cars went a little faster though and some more detail in the force feedback would be good too, even though it is very good already. The AI collisions are still a bit funny, it would be nice if singleplayer felt more like multiplayer. The new car is my favourite :).

Can't wait for more car customization options and some even crazier tracks! Thanks heaps BB, wish I could give more constructive criticism but the build is too good to complain about!

Jori Virtanen

Automatic weapons and boundless love.
Just FYI, we did indeed launch a hotfix on Friday. I added the fixed issues to the main feature list in the first page of this thread, but for convenience's sake, here's a copy of what the hotfix changed:

Update #6 Hot Fix #1 - 03/10/2014

• Players are now disconnected properly and not showing up in the next game as ghosts.
  • Stability control assist now works properly in multiplayer; other assists disabled for now.
  • Repeatedly clicking on servers in the server browser no longer crashes the game.
  • Countdown to multiplayer lobby no longer freezes to two seconds after a race.
  • The lobby status (RACE IN PROGRESS) is now shown in the server browser.
  • Amount of players in a single lobby is limited to 18 pending further optimization.

There'll be another hotfix soon, I'll make a separate post of it when that happens.

szutyi93

Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
szutyi93 said:

I bought this wheel last week and i didn t try the previous build whit it.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
szutyi93 said:
Purple44 said:
szutyi93 said:

I bought this wheel last week and i didn t try the previous build whit it.

Try deleting all the files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\YOUR_NUMERIC_STEAM_USER_ID\228380\local\ ( or where ever you got your Steam folder on hard drive )

This will delete the config files and other stuff. This folder different than where Steam install the full game. Sometimes the config files can get screwed up.

ScorpionDriver

Team Bugbear Member
BUGBEAR, You've made this game overly freakin fantastic!!!

+ Car handling feels better than ever!
+ The crashes and impacts feels real, realistic and authentic!
+ Rollovers are just... CRAZY!
+ The game runs smooth on my old crappy PC
+ The AI seem fair, smart, risky and challenging
+ DEATHMATCH IS EEEEPIIIIC!!! Cars tearing apart over and over again!!!! This is a dream.

I've been racing all over again and totally addicted of deathmatch!
Overall this looks like it's gonna be a masterpiece and set the standard in the gaming industry for racing, wrecking and authencity!

(Now you just need the BMW E34 inspired European car in there ;) )

Dewey

Hey all,

MP seem to works great, but add filters for servers should be better and faster (race in progress or not, ping, laps limit...).
In lobby, I just want to vomit due to the camera showing the track in back :S can we deactivate this?
And why we can't modify tires and suspension after choosing a server?
Think we can do this later, just saying I need it.

I feel I do not hear the tires on the ground, except a little when I loose control.
I'm not sure but smoke can still through the car, and changing gear can still make light in the car.

Good work Bugbear

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale
Weeked Smasher
Liking the multiplayer so far, my laptop is struggling to keep up on the oval (and it's figure 8). So far it's been really fun. I wouldn't mind a way of telling how many laps are left when I join a room. Either have it listed automatically, or let me use text chat to find out; /info or something similar?

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
SynGamer said:
Liking the multiplayer so far, my laptop is struggling to keep up on the oval (and it's figure 8). So far it's been really fun. I wouldn't mind a way of telling how many laps are left when I join a room. Either have it listed automatically, or let me use text chat to find out; /info or something similar?
Also let us spectate the race when we join? It's quite boring watching the list of players :D

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale
Weeked Smasher
Frisker said:
SynGamer said:
Also let us spectate the race when we join? It's quite boring watching the list of players :D
Yes! And make an official cops and robbers game mode!

Hey BB, how many are you currently in your developing team?

I get the feel of slow progression

Maybe the my bad feelings can be cured by releasing colour scheme and another vehicle?

Hugs

BSTD

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
SynGamer said:
Yes! And make an official cops and robbers game mode!
Thumbs up for a cops and robbers mode. :D`

We already have the Sedan cop car. ;)

Hmmm Sedan cops chasing down the Euro car robber. :)