Build #6 Live! Official Name Revealed, Multiplayer Introduced

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
SynGamer said:
Yes! And make an official cops and robbers game mode!
Thumbs up for a cops and robbers mode. :D`

We already have the Sedan cop car. ;)

Hmmm Sedan cops chasing down the Euro car robber. :)
I had the idea buzzing in my mind for some time.
The robbers drive the class A europeans (fast as heck) while the cops, with the sedan (make sure the least powerful parts are mounted!) drive in the opposite direction, trying to stop them from finishing the race. This works especially well on the Sandpit tracks

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale
Weeked Smasher
conso1727 said:
Purple44 said:
SynGamer said:

The robbers drive the class A europeans (fast as heck) while the cops, with the sedan (make sure the least powerful parts are mounted!) drive in the opposite direction, trying to stop them from finishing the race. This works especially well on the Sandpit tracks
Personally, for this to work well, there needs to be an option to designate the sides before the race starts, and the cops should start out facing the other way...

Usmovers_02

Full time wrecker
BlackSmokeDieselTurbo said:
Hey BB, how many are you currently in your developing team?

I get the feel of slow progression

Maybe the my bad feelings can be cured by releasing colour scheme and another vehicle?

Hugs

BSTD
I remember seeing a picture of the Bugbear team a while ago. It was like 20-30 people if I recall correctly. They are a pretty small team.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
SynGamer said:
conso1727 said:
Purple44 said:
SynGamer said:

Personally, for this to work well, there needs to be an option to designate the sides before the race starts, and the cops should start out facing the other way...

I made custom startpoints for cops and robbers in Flatout 1:

There a pic of the Bugbear team from last year, here:

[url]http://nextcargame.com/bugbear/[/url]

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
I just looked through the pre order site out of interest, and noticed that some of the info is outdated.

http://i60.tinypic.com/10pt0ur.jpg
(man I got mad paint drawing skillz)

Not gonna tag it here, it's too big :P
And didn't think of making new topic just cause of this. Just wanted to inform ya Bugbear, I now see that you are busy with the game :D (Which is good for us!)

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Its been very quiet on BB's side lately. And I couldn't find servers hosted by any of them these days. Was I just unlucky, or are there fall-holidays in Finland right now, like here in Germany? :)

Fisu

Lari Fari said:
Its been very quiet on BB's side lately. And I couldn't find servers hosted by any of them these days. Was I just unlucky, or are there fall-holidays in Finland right now, like here in Germany? :)
Jep it's Holiday week for school age kids.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
Lets hope BB doesn't have too many child laborers! :D

But I guess some of them have kids. So it makes sense to take some days off, wheever the kids have no school :)

kamikave

Full time wrecker
Jori Virtanen said:
AI cars now only reset when not seen by the Player.
I fail to see the point of that. AI cars should reset as fast as humans can. I won't be bothered by a car appearing in front of me, cause I know it's a reset. Delaying is a waste of time for the IA, and a waste of challenge for the player. It means you can send an opponent out, and he won't reset until you're way out of reach. Where's the fun in that ? :(

HYLK

Full time wrecker
Is it just me who reads Wreckfest and think its such a stupid name? For me it doesn't really explode my mind and says PLAY ME!!!!. More like "Another boring game."

The game trailer looks awesome, the game is awesome, and the name are made by an 8 year old.. (sry BB, But flatout, that was a good name, this one, not so much)

Fisu

HYLK said:
Is it just me who reads Wreckfest and think its such a stupid name? For me it doesn't really explode my mind and says PLAY ME!!!!. More like "Another boring game."

The game trailer looks awesome, the game is awesome, and the name are made by an 8 year old.. (sry BB, But flatout, that was a good name, this one, not so much)
Atleast in multiplayer some yell this is the wreckwest when you ask to not play like a jerk.

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
I haven't commented on the name yet (I think). I have to say I've really warmed up to it!!! I don't think its the name that makes the game awesome. Its the game that makes the name what it is! It may be a little "old-school". But thats part of what makes it ideal! At least thats how I see it.

I thought it would take a while until I stop calling the game NCG. But I've adapted the new name really fast. And I'd say thats a good sign that I like it :D

Cornkid

Yada Yada - Actions speak louder
Full time wrecker
Fisu said:
HYLK said:

Atleast in multiplayer some yell this is the wreckwest when you ask to not play like a jerk.
+1, no offence BB, but many reverse drivers say this is "Wreckfest" its a destruction game.

I realise you arent gonna change name, and I'll be honest it annoys me that community never got a mention when you decided the final name, loving game, hateing name.

I think pretty much every suggestion in "name the game" thread was better than choosing your own name. For me it will always be NCG.

Adenru

Full time wrecker
Cornkid said:
+1, no offence BB, but many reverse drivers say this is "Wreckfest" its a destruction game.

I realise you arent gonna change name, and I'll be honest it annoys me that community never got a mention when you decided the final name, loving game, hateing name.

I think pretty much every suggestion in "name the game" thread was better than choosing your own name. For me it will always be NCG.
At least their worst decision is not in gameplay.

Tug

Team Bugbear Member
Kamikave said:
Jori Virtanen said:
AI cars now only reset when not seen by the Player.
I fail to see the point of that. AI cars should reset as fast as humans can. I won't be bothered by a car appearing in front of me, cause I know it's a reset. Delaying is a waste of time for the IA, and a waste of challenge for the player. It means you can send an opponent out, and he won't reset until you're way out of reach. Where's the fun in that ? :(
And I ask where is the fun in resets at all? You flip your car and you are out, unless someone flips it back for you.

neorec

roughly 60 hours in this build (#6) and i can say it's a pretty nice build! Keep it up and we have a game of the year of all years!

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
HYLK said:

Actually name doesn't matter anything I think. Think about Max Payne, what does that name tell you? It's only the name of the main character in 2001 shooter game(of course later in Max Payne 2, and MP 3 which was developed by different team). Also that game was fairly big success when it was released.