Car customization and Tuning!

Crashaholic14

You Build it we'll wreck it!
Sorry if there is already a thread about this. It would be awesome if the ability to customize the exterior of your car was implemented like adding custom rims, Spoilers, bumpers, and trim in addition to parts. and also allow car tuning. and each class would have it's own style of parts, and possibly making them interchangeable between other cars and classes! after all if your gonna race race with style!

Lari Fari

Gaming Since 1989
No need to apologize! Just try the search funtion first next time. Then you won't miss out on ongoing discussions. Most topics are well covered already ;)

Holybeer said:
Doesn't fit the spirit of Wreckfest.

Tuning and co, is good for NFS.
actually, BB stated they aim for a spirit of a game that came in 80's or something. Where you could buy parts and tune your car, and it fits the game. Not like you are buying high end turbo and make your car fast as a GTR. But something like, buying off parts from junkyards, times private notes, rebuild ur engine by drillign bigger cylinder holes, fitting big old rusty truck turbo, stiffer or cut suspension, bigger exhaust made out of house rain pipes and such, and maybe bodily upgrades, as outer front and rear skeleton, chicken wires on windows instead of glass etc

I hope for it :)

Holybeer

yeah i agree, but I don't want to see tuning like NFS Underground.

I want too see engine, clutch, tires, roll bars, may be exhauts customization, but I don't want to see spoilers, shiny paints with huge rims.

sam223

Weeked Smasher
A bit of inspiration in terms of raw vs immaculate showroom prep.Making the car look nice and tidy without NFS/FnF gimmicks

safety prepped

Get the filler out,fill all rust and holes

Undercoat everything,so you can paint the engine bay aswell

Paint it up with some proper road going alloys (non of that need for speed/gangster stuff)

Finish it off with a airbrush/signwriter

Crashaholic14

You Build it we'll wreck it!
actually, BB stated they aim for a spirit of a game that came in 80's or something. Where you could buy parts and tune your car, and it fits the game. Not like you are buying high end turbo and make your car fast as a GTR. But something like, buying off parts from junkyards, times private notes, rebuild ur engine by drillign bigger cylinder holes, fitting big old rusty truck turbo, stiffer or cut suspension, bigger exhaust made out of house rain pipes and such, and maybe bodily upgrades, as outer front and rear skeleton, chicken wires on windows instead of glass etc

I totally agree, this would give the "car geeks" at heart a visual and technical experience to go along with racing and wrecking and engine tuning couldn't hurt i mean they already have adjustable gears/differentials in the parts menu/upgrade i feel like a lot of people want a click and play true to form demolition derby arcade game, well they did that with the original Flatout series and something tells me they are gonna be adding a lot more to this, i hope they do I loved Flatout to death but by the 3rd installation of the series it was more of the same old-same old.

I hope for it :)
[/quote]

xTUNERZx

sam223 said:
A bit of inspiration in terms of raw vs immaculate showroom prep.Making the car look nice and tidy without NFS/FnF gimmicks

safety prepped

Get the filler out,fill all rust and holes

Undercoat everything,so you can paint the engine bay aswell

Paint it up with some proper road going alloys (non of that need for speed/gangster stuff)

Finish it off with a airbrush/signwriter
Yes yes yes! I totally agree with this one!

Satsuma182

There is no reason customisation can't be added, it should just fit in with the style of the game.

So instead of customising your car with high end after market parts you are instead swapping in better parts from other cars you have bought and/or the classifieds bugbear plan on using...

When it comes to aesthetic interior/exterior customisation this too can be made to suit the game, no flashy rims or spoilers but instead parts that are purposeful but also change the look of the car, wire meshing windows to avoid the problem of cracked glass effecting visibility, changing stock steel wheels for lighter alloys from another car, swapping the standard steering wheel for second hand racing wheel, bolting a steel bumper to the front for extra pushing power, cutting holes in the bonnet to help cooling... There is so much you can do whilst maintaining the worked-on look.

On top of that removing unnecessary parts could be another form of customisation, removing headlights and tail lights, removing glass windows, removing grills to increase air flow to the engine, removing bumpers, removing plastic trim, removing side mirrors. All of this would provide the potential to make each car look unique.

Fisu

I think micro purchases is the best key to get some funds for BB. Also I like idea to buy different bumpers, gearbox, tires, pistons etc. Only one big wish to BB: Let us purchase different parts without tech tree where parts are only better in next step. All parts should have special feature in good and bad.

Good example from real life:
With low horsepowers you can drive with normal mud & snow tires to get lower rolling resistance. It does not have as good grip as rally tires have, but it can be faster in lap times.

Frisker

Weeked Smasher
Satsuma182 said:
There is no reason customisation can't be added, it should just fit in with the style of the game.

So instead of customising your car with high end after market parts you are instead swapping in better parts from other cars you have bought and/or the classifieds bugbear plan on using...

When it comes to aesthetic interior/exterior customisation this too can be made to suit the game, no flashy rims or spoilers but instead parts that are purposeful but also change the look of the car, wire meshing windows to avoid the problem of cracked glass effecting visibility, changing stock steel wheels for lighter alloys from another car, swapping the standard steering wheel for second hand racing wheel, bolting a steel bumper to the front for extra pushing power, cutting holes in the bonnet to help cooling... There is so much you can do whilst maintaining the worked-on look.

On top of that removing unnecessary parts could be another form of customisation, removing headlights and tail lights, removing glass windows, removing grills to increase air flow to the engine, removing bumpers, removing plastic trim, removing side mirrors. All of this would provide the potential to make each car look unique.
Sounds great.

I'd also love if Bugbear made it the way, I remember an old post someone made, where they had plans that you can put pretty much any part in any car, if it just physically fits there. If it works properly/at all is all different story.
I imagine like putting bigass tires from SUV to smaller car, like Taunus, just adjust suspension and remove the fenders from it :D
That way the possibilities of tuning cars and altering their look would be almost unlimited.

marksheadi

There's no need to apologise. Next time, just use the search function first. You won't lose out on any ongoing talks if you do this. The majority of subjects have already been discussed;)
Actually, BB indicated that they are aiming for the atmosphere of a game from the 1980s or something like. It's a place where you can buy components and tune your automobile, and it's appropriate for the game. It's not like you're going to get a high-end turbo and turn your car into a GTR. But, say, buying off parts from junkyards, times private notes, rebuilding ur engine by drilling bigger cylinder holes, fitting big old rusty truck turbo, stiffer or cut suspension, bigger exhaust made out of house rain pipes and such, and possibly bodily upgrades, such as outer front and rear skeletons, chicken wires on windows instead of glass, and so on.
I completely agree, this would provide the "car geeks" at heart with a visual and technical experience to go along with racing and wrecking, and engine tuning wouldn't hurt either (I mean, they already have adjustable gears/differentials in the parts menu/upgrade). I feel like a lot of people want a click and play true to form demolition derby arcade game, and they did that with the original Flatout series, and something tells me they are going to be adding a lot more to this,

chrisjames

It's not necessary to apologise.
Next time, just start with the search function.
If you do this, you will not miss out on any ongoing discussions.
The vast majority of topics have already been addressed.
Actually, BB stated that they are attempting to recreate the atmosphere of a 1980s game or something similar.
It's a store where you can buy parts and tune your car, and it's suitable for the game.
It's not like you can buy a high-performance turbo and turn your car into a GTR.
But, say, buying used parts from junkyards, keeping private notes, rebuilding your engine by drilling bigger cylinder holes, installing a big old rusted truck turbo, stiffer or cut suspension, bigger exhaust made out of house rain pipes and the like, and possibly bodily upgrades like outer front and rear skeletons, chicken wires instead of glass, and so on.
I completely agree that this would be beneficial.

Last edited: