Dev Blog: What are we working on (February)

The Very End

Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Since AI's allready follow a safe area, e.g you have this much space from left to right to move in - why not just update the algorihm to create like 2,3 or even 4 variations of the the driving line? Then you would have on the ovals 3-4 different ideal driving lines through the AI pack. They still would be be withing the AI pathing zones, making it easy for everyone to create pathings while having a more variety in the AI's. The problem to me don't seem to be that they don't want to hurt each others, it's just that they all follow the exact line too perfect.

TheEngiGuy

Weeked Smasher
JohnBlackhills said:
Also can we expect any AI improvements?
They still feel like driving on rails on some tracks, especialy speedway 2 inner/outer oval. Maybe if they could block each other while they are trying to overtake each other that could make them more "naturaly driving"?
Or just make them turn corners more randomly or something, because sometimes when you're just drifting through the corners and they instead of doing similar thing are all driving on the same path like on rails. I'm not sure if it's a big problem but for me it's a big one when it comes to gameplay in singleplayer.
Agreed, AI is still predictable. More racing lines and defensive behaviour could work.
I also hope each AI driver will have different performance levels in career.

HansPremium

I hope at some points it can recreat the feel of Flatout, where every AI felt different and had its own personality. ofc with the way the career works and with 24 player races that isnt quite easy, but i hope there more that differs the AI from one another than different colours and a few minor behaviour patterns

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
HansPremium said:
I hope at some points it can recreat the feel of Flatout, where every AI felt different and had its own personality. ofc with the way the career works and with 24 player races that isnt quite easy, but i hope there more that differs the AI from one another than different colours and a few minor behaviour patterns
Doing 24 "unique" AI profiles is a lot, But what if Bugbear did 12 and assign 2 AI bots to each one?

#
# This is data for node: root/Data/Profile/AI1_JackBenton/Class[0]
#

CarNum = 6
Skin = 1
CharacterType = 0
CharacterSkinId = 2
Aggression = 1.000
BumpAggression = 0.400
BlockAggression = 0.750
OvertakeAggression = 1.000
ThrottleLimit = 1.000
HandicapRacing = 1.000
HandicapOffTrack = 1.000
HandicapAirborne = 1.000
CatchUpRacing = 1.100
CatchUpOffTrack = 1.100
CatchUpAirborne = 1.100
LookAheadMin = 10.000
LookAheadMax = 80.000
LookAheadModifier = 1.150
UnderSteerRange = 60.000
OverSteerRange = 60.000
SpinOutRange = 60.000
NeutralSlide = 0.050
NeutralBrakeTime = 1.100
MinBrakeTime = 0.900
MaxBrakeTime = 1.400
SlideFrictionScale = 0.980
BrakeFrictionScale = 1.050
FrictionAdjust = 0.150
HandicapAhead = 0.000
HandicapBehind = 0.000
Avoidance = -0.200
DamageReaction = 0.500
DamageRecovery = 2.000
NitroUsage = 0.750
NitroScan = 4
UseAltRoute = 0.400
DerbyFavourCenter = 0.500
DerbyTargetPlayer = 0.050
DerbyExitCruiseSpeed = 20.000
CoefP = 0.100
CoefI = 0.002
CoefD = 100.000
CatchUpMul = 1.000
HandicapMul = 2.000
MagnetSpeedLimit = 22.000
MagnetDistanceLimitAhead = 3.000
MagnetDistanceLimitBehind = 5.000
MagnetSpeedRatio = 1.200
DefaultTurbo = 0.200
RLMagnetSpeedLimit = 28.000
RLMagnetMul = 0.000

Maybe change up the skin and the car the duplicate uses.

Do we know if there AI profiles like this for the Wreckfest AI?

The AI profile above is inside the Flatout 2 database file. Probably be same for Wreckfest.

Caley19

Speaking of AI profiles, we've got first AI character for Wreckfest - it's Billy Bob! He is so skilled that he can drive a car from the roof and he don't even need to use his legs or hands!

Jack Benton should be scared! :p

https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/969574493223112704/photo/1

Just kidding, but I would really love to see some AI characters instead of player names, but yes I understand that it's probably not gonna happen

Caley19

Oh yes I forgot to mention the new car(one of them)... it really looks like an old mustang :eek: looks great

Looks very similar to first generation if I'm right:

Caley19

Also looking at some more pcitures, would be amazing to see this kind of "paint job" on every car in wreckfest when you buy them from the shop(you don't get fully painted banger car with decals IRL when u buy it)

Btw, just checked steam March update is out! :eek: