Early Access doubled sales over Christmas week, demo downloaded over 50,000 times!

brunnen153

Master Blaster
I'm so glad to hear this. You guys really deserve this and it's really good to hear that so many people want this game to happen!

I really can't wait for what you bring next

Good luck, and all the best for 2014 :D

Big Ron

Congrats to this double action. Well deserved and just confirms that this project has a great future.

Spaceman1200

Weeked Smasher
congrats bugbear! I had seen this on kickstarter awhile back and backed a week into December! cant wait to see what the future holds for ncg!

soad667

Tons of thanks for the free tech demo. Wanted so badly to get this, but i never buy games without having the slightest clue how well they will run on my system. Well, tech demo run so smooth, i can't say how much i've enjoyed it.

NCG goes for sure to the top of my most wanted games after playing that demo. Keep it up! 8)

Techno-Grub

Quite frankly I've played the races and derby more than the sandbox, but it's really good and fun.

I just can't wait to see more tracks and more cars. And speaking of Tracks, they make up half of this game's equation, or so I believe, so I hope we'll see some interesting tracks in this game, with indoors and short-cuts and lots of things to destroy or drive through.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Administrator
Staff member
iMess said:
Also, it appears I didn't get Early Access email. Able to send again or PM on here?
Please PM me the email address you used for ordering and your Order ID in case you can find it.

ciaran036

conso1727 said:
Great! More money mean more content, right? :D
I'm very curious to see what will offer the January update!
I've a funny feeling it just means less debt for them :p, and less chance of investors or bankers coming around wondering where all the money went!

Bourbonbosher

Full time wrecker
Nice one Bugbear and congratulations, it's well deserved. I purchased the pre-alpha over the xmas period having seen kurtjmac play on youtube

This game has the potential to be awesome. IMO it's the first racing game that has come close to stunt car racer on the Amiga for me. The handling of the cars is excellent, and the destruction awesome. Please keep up the good work!

dbs213

Master Blaster
That's great to hear!

I'm glad this game is starting to gain such a following, hope you can keep it up. I do look forward for further updates on the Pre-Alpha.

Indy

Weeked Smasher
ciaran036 said:
conso1727 said:
Great! More money mean more content, right? :D
I'm very curious to see what will offer the January update!
I've a funny feeling it just means less debt for them :p, and less chance of investors or bankers coming around wondering where all the money went!
They said that they invested over 1M dollars into this game. That means they already have almost half of it back just from preorders. It is almost certain that this game will be profitable for them, mainly because getting free from publishers that would take most of the profit :)

crashkid3000

Personal Text
Full time wrecker
Finally, NCG gets the deserved attention. The first "real" racing game for me since Ultimate Carnage (Demo Derby in Grid 2 was fun, but more a "snack" than something that could satisfy me for a longer time period) and hopefully not the last one. Neither (hopefully) the last game with this true next-gen destruction system (NFS, Grid, Forza, Gran Turismo, etc. are just a bad joke) nor the last game that uses the community to get their ideas from and not the greedy publishers with wannabe-experts.

And: There is still ca. one third year until the final release - I think, the number of pre-orders will explode like the enemy's engine and rise so high like the ultra-high ramp in the Sneak Peek 2.0 (the one with the blue barriers you have to drive through, the height of ca. 30 meters andn the one that looks like a 3D-model of the function f(x)=1/x ).

DizzyVanOwl

congratulation Bugbear !

i had my first contact with Flat Out ( and Bugbear) short after Release of Flat Out 1. A friend showed it to me and after watching 5 minutes gameplay i deceided to play it and to follow its further developments, cauz i was so impressed of the enigne and my always beloved derbys ^^

later i played flat out 2 online, when UC was released me and my brother played (until last year) nearly every weekend 2-4 sessions of stuntevents, so i hope personally that we can get something comparabal to this great moments.

What i want to tell with this is: me and my brother are following you since the first steps of flat out and we think that this games are the best Derby/Destruction/-Race-Experience i've ever seen.

i love the style and we both are really excited with the stuff in the future btw. the finalrelease.

Ps: we both buyed early access nearly 1 hour after we heard about it ;-) .. we will never betray BB with other destruction Games ;D .. and sorry for bad english (i'm german)

crashkid3000

Personal Text
Full time wrecker
GamingTim said:
it's awesome! but sad that people can still crack this game.. :/
You can't stop people cracking games, it's just a question of time. Unfortunately. Either you give them a "real" key (imo Settlers II or III had something like this) or you let it be.

Indy

Weeked Smasher
crashkid3000 said:
GamingTim said:
it's awesome! but sad that people can still crack this game.. :/
You can't stop people cracking games, it's just a question of time. Unfortunately. Either you give them a "real" key (imo Settlers II or III had something like this) or you let it be.
The best strategy against pirates is to have good multiplayer. Servers for cracked games will never be as good as the legal ones, thus forcing them to buy the game.

DizzyVanOwl

yes, ripping games destroy the economy for developers, but i think that Bugbear got a big number of true- fans of their games ( sure i played my 1. FO 1 session on a burned one with a friend, but same day i went to a shop to buy it ;-) )

... i love the works of bugbear and their attitude, so i never will betray them with copying 1 of their games. I hope for the further realease that the game will hit a spot that is good enough to convience the people to buy it and to support the dev's in this way, instead of buying or making a rip....

i will support my dev's ( or i Didn't had buyed the early access-version ;-) ) and hope that as much as possible players see that in the same way.

Indy

Weeked Smasher
DizzyVanOwl said:
yes, ripping games destroy the economy for developers, but i think that Bugbear got a big number of true- fans of their games ( sure i played my 1. FO 1 session on a burned one with a friend, but same day i went to a shop to buy it ;-) )

... i love the works of bugbear and their attitude, so i never will betray them with copying 1 of their games. I hope for the further realease that the game will hit a spot that is good enough to convience the people to buy it and to support the dev's in this way, instead of buying or making a rip....

i will support my dev's ( or i Didn't had buyed the early access-version ;-) ) and hope that as much as possible players see that in the same way.
Funny thing is, that I bought FlatOut 2 but then cracked it so I didnt have to put in the DVD to play it :)

Birddogg66

We Want Rally Trophy 2 Historic Rally.
I am glad this is working out funding wise for you. It was a little shaky there for a bit.

I hope this ends up as your most profitable project to date and works to better solidify your future as an independent. :)