Early Access doubled sales over Christmas week, demo downloaded over 50,000 times!

Pekonilkki

Team Bugbear Member
I really took a leap of faith when I pre-ordered this. I never do that. I rarely pay more than 20€ for just one game. So far everything seems to be going great. I'm not feeling a little bit regretful.

Keep up the good work Bugbearin jäbät.

Nahkatatti

Team Bugbear Member
Congratulations Bugbear! :)
When i first heard about the game being developed at the end of last year, that just blew my mind as i'm a huge fan of FlatOut games.. And so far it looks like were getting a real deal, pre-alpha was awesome! Even few my friends have tried it my place, loved it and you know the rest.. ;)

Loistotyötä, ja hyvät uudet vuodet tiimille!

Majatek

Posts generated by this user derive from consensus
Full time wrecker
Master Blaster
Team Bugbear Member
Now that all the congratulations and praise is out of the way, can we get on an ETA as to when the next update for the Steam pre-alpha will be released, pretty please? ;)

Seriously though there's no rush. I just can't wait to see what you've got in store for us seeing as how awesome the pre-alpha is - and you said you rushed the development process! If what we've got now is "rushed" then I'm really looking forward to the polished updates that you guys have been working on. :D

No rush??

I'm in a goddam rush! I want to play the game!

:D

Seriously, I know what you mean and I agree. I need new info of any kind.

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
It's true that they must not rush the game, but I am damn curious to hear at least a date for the next release! I really want to see what they will add!

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Rumor is maybe something by end of January, definitively think we will see something in February.

conso1727

From Italy
Full time wrecker
Purple44 said:
Rumor is maybe something by end of January, definitively think we will see something in February.
The 21st is a long time away... if they could AT LEAST release an 8 track for us to have fun... :'(

Big Ron

conso1727 said:
Purple44 said:
The 21st is a long time away... if they could AT LEAST release an 8 track for us to have fun... :'(
Before something can be released, it has to be build. Do you know that they've build a figure 8-track already?

Discos_Dead

Master Blaster
Congrats to the good folks at BugBear!

After my experience with BF4, I told myself I would never, EVER pre-order another game. I'd wait for full release, then wait for the first big patches to fix the major issues, and THEN I'd hand over my hard-earned money.

Absolutely no regrets with this game. I don't know if anyone watched Nerd3's review of this, but he doesn't hand out praise lightly - and he was giggling like a school girl while racing around in the demo.

Congratulations, and I look forward to whatever you have in store for us down the road.

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Victor Cortez said:
Where's that rumor coming from?
Come from these 2 posts:

pre order on steam?

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
You will, we will most likely submit a build to Steam already in January.

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Not yet, when we get back to the office next week we have to decide if we're going to wait for the next build, and if we are, what kind of features can we realistically expect to implement without postponing the Steam release for too long. After all, we don't want to keep you guys waiting!

As far as I can remember the approval process shouldn't take longer than a week.
If Bugbear decide to go with a new build/update before going live on Steam, may take until sometime February before new build is ready, I'm thinking.

Juuxu

Driving fanatic
Full time wrecker
Late congratulations bugbear!!!!

Don't rush the game out, take your time and polish it nicely and steadily :D
Can't wait tho! :eek:

Purple44 said:
Victor Cortez said:
Where's that rumor coming from?
Come from these 2 posts:

pre order on steam?

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
You will, we will most likely submit a build to Steam already in January.

Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Not yet, when we get back to the office next week we have to decide if we're going to wait for the next build, and if we are, what kind of features can we realistically expect to implement without postponing the Steam release for too long. After all, we don't want to keep you guys waiting!

As far as I can remember the approval process shouldn't take longer than a week.
If Bugbear decide to go with a new build/update before going live on Steam, may take until sometime February before new build is ready, I'm thinking.
Nice. I had completely missed that thread.

So, let's see what happens. In the meanwhile I've made up my mind that I will change my preorder, I had the basic one and I want the next, partially because of the extra car they give you, partially just to give some extra money to Bugbear, because I honestly think they deserve it.

The game looks promising and their previous products were extremely good, but most of all I like their attitude. Making a quality game (no indie two-pixel stuff), a game they believe in, knowing they could make more money if they just let publisher in.

A studio other people should look up to.

UsF

Team Bugbear Member
I just remembered that I wanted to post a smug "told you so"-post about getting an early access demo/tech demo out with famous Youtube coverage. I know it doesn't always work, but chances are good it does and it indeed did. :) So happy this is now on track..ahahahah...sorry. ;)

Purple44

Team Bugbear Member
Zenon said:
Does this demo have steering wheel support ? :)
My DFGT wheel works with the Sneak Peek demo. If your wheel need 2 usb ports for the wheel and the pedals, this not support in demo and not sure if supported in v2.0 Sneak Peak that come with pre-order of NCG: Wreckfest. Now Wreckfest has pretty good wheel support for most wheels now, even ones that use 2 USB ports.

Suggest do a forum search for your wheel and see if players have issues with it.