First real track revealed

MamieNova

"Oh no he didn't!"
McToFf3l said:
I dont care if the update is not done yet! Im tierd of having to wait and wait and wait... Just release it! I dont rly care! Like cmn. The game is not even Alpha stage so why would we have to wait like if you guys is doning the whole game complete. JUST RELEASE IT! We know that if there is some bugs or stuff missing we can count on you that it will be fixt the same month not after an half a year! Im realy upset :( Im frustrated!

sry for bad english!
Well some of us don't want a buggy release. What we get is what we will be stuck with for a few months, so let's wait a few more days for something as functional as possible.
 

Purple44

Well-Known Member
Team Bugbear Member
McToFf3l said:
I dont care if the update is not done yet! Im tierd of having to wait and wait and wait... Just release it! I dont rly care! Like cmn. The game is not even Alpha stage so why would we have to wait like if you guys is doning the whole game complete. JUST RELEASE IT! We know that if there is some bugs or stuff missing we can count on you that it will be fixt the same month not after an half a year! Im realy upset :( Im frustrated!

sry for bad english!
Ya agree we can live with some bugs. But if it a bug that breaks multiplayer online, then many online players would be upset. So depends what kind of bug holding back Build #8. Also like we saw in in Build #7, there going be bugs Bugbear did not find, but the community will. So go ahead Bugbear, release Build #8 and we will help debug it. :)
 

Ecclesiaste

Crashed more cars than times I saw finish line
Team Bugbear Member
McToFf3l said:
I dont care if the update is not done yet! Im tierd of having to wait and wait and wait... Just release it! I dont rly care! Like cmn. The game is not even Alpha stage so why would we have to wait like if you guys is doning the whole game complete. JUST RELEASE IT! We know that if there is some bugs or stuff missing we can count on you that it will be fixt the same month not after an half a year! Im realy upset :( Im frustrated!

sry for bad english!
I dont care if the update is not released yet! Im tierd of having to wait and wait and wait... BUT DON'T release it!
*fixed
 

The Very End

Well-Known Member
Weeked Smasher
Master Blaster
Give us a damn build rofl :D
If not I'll be forced to go out on town and get drunk instead, which is a botter both mentally and economically :/
 

Adziej

Member
Weeked Smasher
Purple44 said:
Bugbear Devs at it again today testing a new beta Build
Bla bla bla.

If they would really care of what community asks, they would release new build few weeks ago. Winter sales are coming soon so Bugbear prepares to make as much money as they can by releasing "fresh build" right before these "happy buying days" to keep attention and lure new customers.

Sorry but it looks like this for me. I was very excited about Next Car Game when they announced it before Steam, bought it instantly because I loved whole Flatout series. When I was playing first build (Tarmac Sandpit, Gravel), I felt very satisfied and bought deluxe edition upgrade on Steam when it arrived because I thought it will be even more awesome in the future - I was wrong. Over time my satisfaction has lowered dramatically when I saw the same short tracks (kinda boring... oval, 8, oval, 8 etc... no variety). Progress frequency was (and still is) very disappointing, communication with devs sucks balls.

Bugbear, in hopes you know what you're doing, I was defending you by hands and legs in Steam reviews. I was wrong again. Shame on you. I still wish you good luck with your game but i'm done with it.
 

F!nsku

[SNW]
Full time wrecker
What I'm doing right now...



EDIT:
Oh and btw...


"We're still working on the small bits, it will come when we'll happy with it"
 

Dillinja187

Member
Adziej said:
Purple44 said:
Bugbear Devs at it again today testing a new beta Build
Bla bla bla.

If they would really care of what community asks, they would release new build few weeks ago.
Dude really ?.....

No one likes a half baked loaf of bread and I think the same can be said for new forthcoming builds. Yeah its sucks to wait we ALL want the new build but the extra wait is beneficial to the community as well as Bugbear :), we get more polish and less bugs and Bugbear dont get it in the neck for releasing a bugged or even worse a broken build.

Of course they care man, but theres a big difference between caring about what the community feels/thinks over what type of quality builds they want to roll out, a rushed out buggy hunk of junk build with egg on BB's face or couple months more wait for racing nivana (maybe) :).
 

Adziej

Member
Weeked Smasher
Dillinja187 said:
Adziej said:
Purple44 said:
Bugbear Devs at it again today testing a new beta Build
Bla bla bla.

If they would really care of what community asks, they would release new build few weeks ago.
Dude really ?.....

No one likes a half baked loaf of bread and I think the same can be said for new forthcoming builds. Yeah its sucks to wait we ALL want the new build but the extra wait is beneficial to the community as well as Bugbear :), we get more polish and less bugs and Bugbear dont get it in the neck for releasing a bugged or even worse a broken build.
Yep, really. BeamNG.Drive devs can release builds every few weeks. What's more, they add content (new cars) options, features and the build is less buggy than last big update (#7 without hotfixes) so don't tell me it's impossible with Wreckfest. And yes, I would rather try broken build than nothing (of course if hotfixes will arrive soon because they should). What I think? Bugbear should add stuff more frequently, PARTIALLY and polished.

Do you remember performance and stability on 30th June? Do you want to tell me that it was polished build? They were announcing it like that too.

Edit.
And one more thing: I think build #7 in Wreckfest even with hotfixes is worse than build #6, so yes: I would definitely like to check what "broken build" means for Bugbear. Game won't even run?
 

Dillinja187

Member
Don't compare to other Devs or games. You can't, I don't see beam ng having MP with 24 players online, like comparing grapes with coconuts :)
 

Adziej

Member
Weeked Smasher
BeamNG.Drive is very CPU power demanding. In current state, there's no PC in this world to run it online with 24 players smoothly. And i'm not comparing games but development process and communication skills.
 

Dillinja187

Member
Adziej said:
BeamNG.Drive is very CPU power demanding. In current state, there's no PC in this world to run it online with 24 players smoothly. And i'm not comparing games but development process and communication skills.
I agree with you on the Comms but hey what's new there?. You are comparing Dev Studios saying " If Beam ng can pump out a build a week why not BB" its incomparable!, Beam ng have nothing to make work online when BB do, in fact that's one of the reasons #8 is delayed as MP was effected with some new content where SP it worked like a charm, so having MP to deal with has its own complications that Beam ng will never encounter. Lights years separate these games and development styles. ( and maybe the wait between builds for some :) )
 

Adziej

Member
Weeked Smasher
Once again, I don't compare games. But you do. Still you are comparing SP BeamNG vs MP Wreckfest which is not fair. Development process and communication skills sucks in Bugbear. When I enter SteamDB page, I see BeamNG devs make progress everyday and I like it way more than 1 registry every 2-3 months on Wreckfest's page. What's more, they are way more active on their forum, they answer a lot of community's questions and doubts. This is what Bugbear's staff lacks. They add posts with explanations what they are working on exactly (including pictures). What Bugbear do?
- "Still working on the update! We wanted to bring it out last week but due to unforeseen problems with multiplayer code it needs more work." How big unforseen problems? Maybe some explanation with details about them?
- "Sorry to keep you all waiting, but we won't be patching today, still stuff to take care of. Damage improvements too!" What kind of stuff? Again, explanation please?

"SP it worked like a charm"
You mean not working handbrake? Or power-sliding cars? Weird physics when landing after small jump? Awkward car deformation (till now)? Or maybe worse graphics(till now)? You kidding me?
 

Dillinja187

Member
Adziej said:
Once again, I don't compare games. But you do. Still you are comparing SP BeamNG vs MP Wreckfest which is not fair. Development process and communication skills sucks in Bugbear. When I enter SteamDB page, I see BeamNG devs make progress everyday and I like it way more than 1 registry every 2-3 months on Wreckfest's page. What's more, they are way more active on their forum, they answer a lot of community's questions and doubts. This is what Bugbear's staff lacks. They add posts with explanations what they are working on exactly (including pictures). What Bugbear do?
- "Still working on the update! We wanted to bring it out last week but due to unforeseen problems with multiplayer code it needs more work." How big unforseen problems? Maybe some explanation with details about them?
- "Sorry to keep you all waiting, but we won't be patching today, still stuff to take care of. Damage improvements too!" What kind of stuff? Again, explanation please?

"SP it worked like a charm"
You mean not working handbrake? Or power-sliding cars? Weird physics when landing after small jump? Awkward car deformation (till now)? Or maybe worse graphics(till now)? You kidding me?
I told you Adziej I agree about Comms theres no getting away from that and yeah be real nice a deep explanation as to the whys and whatfors, u want to wait even longer ?.
And you are comparing something otherwise u wouldn't say "how or why beam ng can release builds every 2 weeks and BB don't" that stinks of comparison to me, now your saying I'm comparing hehe.

And the quote " SP works like a charm " was about this NEW #8 build quoted to me from janne which no one has even played, nah.... you must be kidding me :)

He was saying its a shame about new content (steering rod) " works like a charm " in SP but has issues in MP which really brings me back to what I was saying earlier.
 

Adziej

Member
Weeked Smasher
Dillinja187 said:
I told you Adziej I agree about Comms theres no getting away from that and yeah be real nice a deep explanation as to the whys and whatfors, u want to wait even longer ?.
Is it so hard to describe in few sentences what is happening, how big is the problem and more or less how long it will take to repair? You think it would take days/weeks/months? Really you think like that? :>

Dillinja187 said:
And you are comparing something otherwise u wouldn't say "how or why beam ng can release builds every 2 weeks and BB don't" that stinks of comparison to me, now your saying I'm comparing hehe.
It's comparison of development process, not a game. "hehe"

Dillinja187 said:
And the quote " SP works like a charm " was about this NEW #8 build quoted to me from janne which no one has even played, nah.... you must be kidding me :)
You didn't write that in your previous post. I was wrong. Anyway, if it will "work like a charm" like base build #7 (without hotfixes), they should postpone an update even more then.

Dillinja187 said:
He was saying its a shame about new content (steering rod) " works like a charm " in SP but has issues in MP which really brings me back to what I was saying earlier.
Well, he told you PERSONALLY, not publicly so it doesn't count as communication with all customers. Become one of Bugbear staff members and keep giving us news every day so people will hear your voice. Before that, only few people will be able to do this.
 

Dillinja187

Member
Adziej said:
Dillinja187 said:
I told you Adziej I agree about Comms theres no getting away from that and yeah be real nice a deep explanation as to the whys and whatfors, u want to wait even longer ?.
Is it so hard to describe in few sentences what is happening, how big is the problem and more or less how long it will take to repair? You think it would take days/weeks/months? Really you think like that? :>

Dillinja187 said:
And you are comparing something otherwise u wouldn't say "how or why beam ng can release builds every 2 weeks and BB don't" that stinks of comparison to me, now your saying I'm comparing hehe.
It's comparison of development process, not a game. "hehe"

Dillinja187 said:
And the quote " SP works like a charm " was about this NEW #8 build quoted to me from janne which no one has even played, nah.... you must be kidding me :)
You didn't write that in your previous post. I was wrong. Anyway, if it will "work like a charm" like base build #7 (without hotfixes), they should postpone an update even more then.

Dillinja187 said:
He was saying its a shame about new content (steering rod) " works like a charm " in SP but has issues in MP which really brings me back to what I was saying earlier.
Well, he told you PERSONALLY, not publicly so it doesn't count as communication with all customers. Become one of Bugbear staff members and keep giving us news every day so people will hear your voice. Before that, only few people will be able to do this.

And again I've told u the difference in the "development processes" one is online and one isn't...boom ! There's your "development process" difference and why one may take longer than the other.

No of course it doesn't take days, weeks or months to blog out a problem but it does take time non the less so that will have knock on effect on Dev speed. Hehe you honestly thought I meant it takes weeks/months to blog a problem :)

Haven't really got your finger on the pulse dude, all that info about steering rod came out the next day, haven't u seen it Adziej ?

About 3rd quote not quite sure where u are going with that but I tend to look forward rather than mulling over history, build 7 and everything that went with that is dead and buried once 8 is released
 

Dillinja187

Member
Adziej said:
On Friday we will see an announcement: "No update today, still fixing our game"...

I'm afraid people are tired of waiting few months between updates and already forgot about this game. Many people already uninstalled it. Slow development kills activity on servers.
Not on the server i host, open 7 days a week maxed out 24 players from 7pm to 1-2am
 

Dillinja187

Member
Janne Suur-Näkki said:
Yep, we were pushing for it last week but towards the end of the week we came aware of a critical issue in the multiplayer code that we needed to resolve before releasing the update. In case you're interested, the issue was caused by multiplayer prediction not playing nicely with our new joint-based steering geometry, and as a remedy we will disable the new steering geometry pending implementing pre-calculation for suspension geometry movement since otherwise it would be simply too much data to send in multiplayer. It's not critical now, even though joint-based steering geometry will add quite a bit of added precision especially for wheel users we thought it's a lesser evil to simply disable it for now than to postpone the update any longer. It will still take some work to finalize the update, though, since the suspensions setups will need to be adjusted accordingly. Even with rollback we're confident that you guys will love what we've done, the perception of grip will be much better in the next update thanks to some other improvements we've added.


And let's not forget we also have a couple of surprises in store for you :)
Give your eyes a treat Adziej.
 
Top