FlatOut 1 cars in FlatOut 2 mod

frenchman

this is the carpack by Ask_One?

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I Updated the FlatOutTrackEditor_UPDATED_Win10 with a video and Tutorial I found. Hope this helps. Be sure to copy the Lightmap.jpgs so the editor can find them, it doesn't find the Lightmap.dds files.

When You start FlatOut Track Editor, BE SURE TO RIGHT CLICK AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR !!!!

My video is kind of rough around the edges, it ha been a while but got it to work, Just click the objects you want to edit and the program will select it for you, Cars. AI , Checkpoint or the Track Objects.

FlatOut2 has a different folder set up for track.You have to move the track_geom.w32 to a new folder with the same folder as FO1 for the FO1Track Editor to find it and use Lightmaps in .JPG format as well. I had working, maybe someone could give a try. I'm still looking for older files that i was using. https://www.mediafire.com/file/c9x1rku54bvu8oy/FlatOutTrackEditor_UPDATED_Win10.7z/file

Last edited:

frenchman

I Updated the FlatOutTrackEditor_UPDATED_Win10 with a video and Tutorial I found. Hope this helps. Be sure to copy the Lightmap.jpgs so the editor can find them, it doesn't find the Lightmap.dds files.

When You start FlatOut Track Editor, BE SURE TO RIGHT CLICK AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR !!!!

My video is kind of rough around the edges, it ha been a while but got it to work, Just click the objects you want to edit and the program will select it for you, Cars. AI , Checkpoint or the Track Objects.

FlatOut2 has a different folder set up for track.You have to move the track_geom.w32 to a new folder with the same folder as FO1 for the FO1Track Editor to find it and use Lightmaps in .JPG format as well. I had working, maybe someone could give a try. I'm still looking for older files that i was using. https://www.mediafire.com/file/c9x1rku54bvu8oy/FlatOutTrackEditor_UPDATED_Win10.7z/file

Hi, I have a variable problem.
I'm watching tonight.
(I work with windows 7)

Attachments

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
You have to move the geometry file out of the data\tracks\forest\forest2\b to data\tracks\forest\forest2\geometry for the trackeditor to find it. All I can think of is backup or delete the FlatOutTrackEditorConfig.ini file, make sure you have the lightmap1_w2.jpg in the track's lighting folder. Right cclick the FlatOutTrackEditor.exe and run as Administrator. This works with FO1 files.
Wish I could help more, it has been a long time, maybe I was using Win XP. Win 10 wants you to run with Admin Rights to work with FO1.

FlatOut 1 Track Editor Tutorial

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I got a new track to load. https://www.screencast.com/t/rBLjRdgX
05.19.2021-20.34.40
Shared from Screencast.com

Copy your FlatOutTrackEditorConfig.ini and delete it to open a new track. Track Editor will create a new FlatOutTrackEditorConfig.ini , [LastTrack]
Folder=E:\FlatOut\data\tracks\racing\racing2\a, try that

Heddly

FOJ Supporter/Modder
Team Bugbear Member
I found a text file that might help.
================================================
is there anything special to get the track editor to load an fo2 track?
shadow says:
yes
shadow says:
move geometry folder in same spot as fo1
Heddly says:
i saw a thread about it
shadow says:
then you have to add the 3rd ai lines with racelines to your current ailines file
shadow says:
here one sec
shadow says:
usually i backup ailines file.. then delete file and let track editor make a ai file that has no points in it
shadow says:
then i copy and paste in main left and right points.. whammo reload and its there
Heddly says:
i'll give it a try sometime
shadow says:
so the file has left,, right points.. and shows the ai raceline with no points
shadow says:
just make sure that you don't put in the sections of alternate routes ,, editor don't like them
shadow says:
if you need to or want an alternate route to be used,, open 2 editors..one editor with main route,, 2nd editor using only one set of left and right points from an alternate route,, and try to make the same route in your first editor

Spline File

["AIRaceLine"] = {
Count = 0,
ControlPoints = {
},
},

Change airaceline count from 2 to 3 at the top of aispline file..

ERROR
when saving: error run-time error 76 Path not found.
=================================================

use pav's track editor to make that city central 1 f8 x2. you go both directions in the park and the steps, just to see if the splines will work. :)
4:21:35 AM Purple44 Heddly They should work, be sure to keep all left points to the left and all right points to the right and don't put any points where the tracks cross.
4:22:40 AM Purple44 Heddly put them before and after where tracks cross
4:23:44 AM Heddly Purple44 k. i edited the splines.ai, added the 3rd part.
4:24:16 AM Purple44 Heddly so you can load it into editor?
4:25:52 AM Heddly Purple44 track editor didn't work on dell computer, have to install on new one
4:27:11 AM Purple44 Heddly need mirosoft newtork 2.0, not sure if it will work with 3.5
4:27:44 AM Purple44 Heddly you running under Vista or XP?
4:28:42 AM Heddly Purple44 that may be a problem why foj mod manager doesn't work anymore
4:28:53 AM Heddly Purple44 xp home here
4:30:58 AM Purple44 Heddly should work with xp, I would try loading up a track from unpack FO 1 first. If it don't work with FO 1, then there a problem. With FO 2, you have to tweak splines file and move geometry folder to the right place for FO 2 tracks to load.
4:31:20 AM Heddly sends C:\FlatOut2\Tracks\CityCentral1 F8X2\data\tracks\city\city1\data\splines.ai
4:31:31 AM Transfer of "splines.ai" is complete.
4:32:45 AM Purple44 Heddly your count at the top said 12, need to change to 3
4:33:08 AM Purple44 Heddly Count = 12 > Count = 3
4:33:26 AM Heddly Purple44 thanks
4:35:32 AM Purple44 Heddly when ready to load tweak splines from editor in FO 2, just change count to 2 instead of 3. then you do not need to delete: ["AIRaceLine"] = { Count = 0, ControlPoints = { }, },
4:35:54 AM Purple44 Heddly File will skip it with Count = 2
4:38:07 AM Heddly Purple44 now your confusing me, can i just use what i have or delete the new line at the bottom and change count at top to 2?
4:38:48 AM Purple44 Heddly with the editor need Count = 3, FO 2 need Count = 2
4:38:59 AM Heddly Purple44 trying to find fo track editor.
4:40:01 AM Heddly Purple44 so change to 2 after editing track or after importing track?
4:42:07 AM Purple44 Heddly yup when done editing spline and have save it, then want to test splines file just change count to 2 so it will irgnore: ["AIRaceLine"] = { Count = 0, ControlPoints = { }, },
4:42:41 AM Purple44 Heddly then if need to load splines again in editor just change count back to 3
4:43:13 AM Heddly Purple44 (H)
4:47:46 AM Purple44 Heddly but if leave editor open while testing spline, then if need to make change to splines file, make your new changes and save splines again. Don't need to reload splines file again if still loaded into track editor. ANd if I remeber right, you can leave FO 2 running just close the track in game, make your changes to splines file then save and restart track again
4:48:45 AM Heddly Purple44 trying to find it on foj, i found the map pack
4:49:11 AM Heddly Purple44 found it :D
4:49:15 AM Purple44 Heddly just remember to change the count back to 2 after saving new splines file
4:50:40 AM Purple44 Heddly With FO 2 you will need to make your own jpg of ligthmaps for the tracks you want to work on
4:52:01 AM Heddly Purple44 oops ha ha
4:53:59 AM Heddly Purple44 and i backup the geom and move out of it's folder then move back after edit..?
4:57:03 AM Purple44 Heddly ya just make a copy of it then move geometry folder, one folder up. FO 2 has geo folder in all 3 folders A, B and C, in FO 1 there was only one geo folder for all 3 tracks. under forest\forest1\ if I remember right
4:58:01 AM Heddly Purple44 ok the whole folder, ty
4:59:54 AM Purple44 Heddly ya the whole geometry folder, but only really need the geo file in the geometry folder. That the file track editor is looking for.
5:01:26 AM Heddly Purple44 which bfs has the tracks? i could start with the traffic jam spline.ai. ;)
5:01:50 AM Purple44 Heddly in FO 2?
5:02:00 AM Heddly Purple44 yeah
5:03:36 AM Purple44 Heddly so your not working with a unpack FO 2 comm Mod? your going to unpack bfs file then pack it back up and test bfs file?
5:03:55 AM Heddly Purple44 yes
5:04:52 AM Heddly Purple44 or run unpacked to make changes with game running ? might as well huh
5:06:13 AM Purple44 Heddly Ya be a little easier but if only doing one track will it be worth it?
5:07:09 AM Heddly Purple44 i have an unpacked fo2 somewhere ,just playing around
5:09:13 AM Purple44 Heddly but for updates 2 to work will need to unpack the bfs files in the right order, but if your unpack FO 2 is parts 1-4 then unpack part 5 should work without problems.
5:11:08 AM Heddly Purple44 if i unpack i'll just use stock 1.2 to test
5:11:18 AM Heddly Purple44 brb bathroo
5:11:56 AM Heddly Purple44 ready to race if not busy
5:13:47 AM Purple44 Heddly but if you want to tweak taffic jam track, you will need updates 2 with the new track folders or just tweak stock city track, the right one that has the cars race through the park.
5:16:18 AM Heddly Purple44 maybe not worth unpacking whole game then.
5:16:24 AM Purple44 Heddly oh ya remember to rename trackai file so game will see new splines file. But in traffic jam folder it should not have a trackai file
5:17:08 AM Heddly Purple44 i remembered that and made a backup
5:18:18 AM Purple44 Heddly then just unpack updates 2 and then make a data\tracks folder and then copy over taffic jam track folder then edit that folder and then pack up into a bfs file
5:20:00 AM Heddly Purple44 that'll work.
5:20:19 AM Purple44 Heddly give me a min i will find tracfic jam track folder
5:22:33 AM Purple44 Heddly GfxSetPath = BaseLevelPath.."City/", TrackPath = BaseLevelPath.."City/City5/", StagePath = BaseLevelPath.."City/City5/A/",
5:23:03 AM Purple44 Heddly that from levels.bed file
5:23:32 AM Heddly Purple44 thanks
Back up the Geometry Folder and copy the folder to Track Name/geometry so FO Track Editor will find the track_geom.w32 where it is located in the FO1 game, see the example pics. Edit the Splines.AI as explained in the text files. The track should load and you can edit the track by adding to or adjusting the Route and adjusting the track objects, hope this helps.
Please read all documentation before beginning.
Hope this helps, wish I could do more.

Attachments

Last edited: